Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Super excited for the upcoming Airliners in the next 6 month

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

No it is not. What kind of nonsense that.

You think I can tell my boss you will get it when you get . No. Some sort of  timetable exist and is needed.

They put the project out there. They are advertising it and I am their client.

It s not that hard to make a general timetable and say not expect something before 2025. This is not their first project. They have been there before.

By the way, they just gave us a timetable. Not before summer if all goes well. See. It is possible.

This is a very poor analogy, because you are not the developer’s boss. This is a retail product, so none of us are owed a timeline for release. For the record, I am a CPA, and my clients are not owed a product until they sign an engagement letter. Even then, an accurate timeline is not always possible. 

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

No it is not. What kind of nonsense that.

You think I can tell my boss you will get it when you get . No. Some sort of  timetable exist and is needed.

They put the project out there. They are advertising it and I am their client.

It s not that hard to make a general timetable and say not expect something before 2025. This is not their first project. They have been there before.

By the way, they just gave us a timetable. Not before summer if all goes well. See. It is possible.

So let me guess you're not a programmer and just a complainer. Yeah something like that. Let them do their jobs a we just wait. This is non essential products you want to believe and I challenge otherwise. Maybe take a break and a walk perhaps.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

So let me guess you're not a programmer and just a complainer. Yeah something like that. Let them do their jobs a we just wait. This is non essential products you want to believe and I challenge otherwise. Maybe take a break and a walk perhaps.

Who the word not allowed is complaining.  Only you. I never complained.  I asked a simple question that was answered.  What is your problem. Maybe you should the a walk.

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

2 hours ago, JYW said:

You expect a "timetable" for release?   That really isn't how software development works.  What would the purpose of having a timetable be, if that timetable needs to be changed constantly.

LOL I should tell my boss and PM that... well, after I update my resume. Guess 'software development' is different for everyone.

These small standalone third party devs may not have timetables, but many, many software devs are held to them. It's part of how we get projects done on time.

• Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

These small standalone third party devs may not have timetables, but many, many software devs are held to them. It's part of how we get projects done on time.

And you publish them all to your external clients and customers?

You're getting confused between project milestones, and some sort of odd "timetable" where you publish your entire chronological steps and plans for customers. 😄

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

That's not a timetable.

It's a very loose release estimate.

Anyway, I just thought it was unreasonable of you to complain that Just Flight were somehow failing you as a potential customer; by not giving you whatever it is you meant by a 'timetable'.    They haven't done anything less than any other FS developer does - they've given a loose release estimate.  Nothing "frustrating" (to use your words) about that.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

OK. Let's the a breath

I and several others were under the impression from their post in mid December that is was nearly complete and about to come out.

Had we read properly we would have realized that only certains parts were almost complete but lots of work was left to do.

This was confirmed by THEM in this very thread

I thanked them for clearing things up

And am now patiently waiting the release whenever that may be.

It was all pretty positive until...

Have good rest of the weekend

Love you always.  

,-)

Edited by Ron Lefebvre
  • Like 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414

Just now, JYW said:

And you publish them all to your external clients and customers?

They are the ones coming to us with requirements- often time is one of them, usually the first one they bring up 😅. Of course a certain amount of negotiation and scope modification is often required to settle on something realistic that all parties can agree to.

I'm not trying to make all software development seem equivalent in scope or organization- larger companies and corporations have vastly more resources and often more experience with estimation, project management, and execution. I just want to make a point that you can and often do follow 'due dates' in software development. Some in the sim community that look only at development here may get the wrong idea.

The biggest enemy of release dates that I've seen from the outside as a simmer is scope creep. Countless times you see a dev has decided to add a bunch of new features that were never originally planned for. Go figure- if you decide to do 3x as much work as originally planned, it takes at least that much longer to get your product to market. A handful of devs are doing a pretty good job of handling this and seem to follow a 'Minimum Viable Product' goal with numerous iterations following release. Lately, Flysimware is doing a fantastic job with this with the Learjet 35A. FSS seems to be attempting to do this with their E-Jets but I think the difficult bits of their project are giving them more trouble than they anticipated. 'Early Access' or 'Minimum Viable Product' is often a controversial concept within the sim community but it is a very regular thing in my career and usually makes more people happier sooner as long as the developers hold up their end of the bargain.

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Who the word not allowed is complaining.  Only you. I never complained.  I asked a simple question that was answered.  What is your problem. Maybe you should the a walk.

Sorry but you are the one that said that the developer lied and you are waiting for an explanation from the developer with a delay. Never got one and now upset. I have no problem with a developer taking their time in finishing a product. Its not the end  of the world when they miss a missed date promise on a release.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

42 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Sorry but you are the one that said that the developer lied and you are waiting for an explanation from the developer with a delay. Never got one and now upset. I have no problem with a developer taking their time in finishing a product. Its not the end  of the world when they miss a missed date promise on a release.

No idea where you got that from. Never said they lied. Never said I was waiting for an explanation.

I am fine with the developer. They are fine with me. Only people on this board reading stuff that is not there just to make a fuss.

Ron