Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

F-86 Sabre coming 30th March from Shrike (Milviz)...

52 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Sometimes ducks can be lame.   

I shy away from products that present themselves as light. They hurt my self-esteem 😁 ! Seriously, this is what I like in a A2A-like product, not overly complicated but feeling true. I wonder what MV has blunted in the 86 to make it lite.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

29 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I shy away from products that present themselves as light. They hurt my self-esteem 😁 ! Seriously, this is what I like in a A2A-like product, not overly complicated but feeling true. I wonder what MV has blunted in the 86 to make it lite.

That is probably why I feel different about it - I have no self-esteem left to hurt!  :unsure:

But seriously, from what I have seen, expect a basic start up, and if you want to pull a circuit-breaker to disable the starboard double-sprocket flange-valve from the feedback cycle, it's not going to happen!  :laugh:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I think light products can be great.  I mean, I don't need a study level F86.  That's the kind of thing I'd mess around with here and there, and I think the light products fit that.  I really enjoy the depth of an A2A Comanche (my most flown plane by a wide margin), but I don't need every aircraft to be that. 

• Upvote 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Posted (edited)

The FSX version had what appeared to me to be plausible startup procedure from Cold and Dark. Here is the manual for the FSX version:

https://milviz.com/Online_products/Manuals/Milviz F86 User Guide.pdf

Its a mere 30 pages. I wouldn't call this study level but its seems too detailed to be labelled lite.

I always enjoyed flying this aircraft and I did RTFM and enjoyed starting out cold and dark at a parking spot.

I'll be disappointed if its not at least as complex as the FSX/P3D version.

Edited by FBW737
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FBW737 said:

Its a mere 30 pages. I wouldn't call this study level but its seems too detailed to be labelled lite.

MilViz released the USAF Pilot Flight manual iirc along with the 30 page user guide. The user guide was primarily to capture FSX specific items. I'd call it study level.

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

MilViz released the USAF Pilot Flight manual iirc along with the 30 page user guide. The user guide was primarily to capture FSX specific items. I'd call it study level.

Yeah your right. I do recall that now. I definitely didn't read the USAF Pilot Fight Manual.😁