Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

FSLTL or AIG?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, History said:

Aerosoft's Simple Traffic is not that good, but not bad at all. It is relatively easier in the fps and it accomodates just fine if we're flying mostly VFR / GA. By setting 22-25% AI traffic, it justly populates airports with acceptable realism and performance.

Fake liveries on fake aircraft types operating to/from unrealistic destinations? Better than default maybe I suppose, but why pay for something so substandard when FSLTL is just as easy to install and free when you want proper simple traffic.  ST shouldn't even be in the same category.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

14 hours ago, RobJC said:

Okay I was wrong. AIG models and flight plans + FSLTL Injection is pretty good. The movement is much better than using FSLTL for everything. The quality of the models is also very good .My previous install of AIG must have been hosed. 

Keep an eye out in the next few days for some more, brand new, high quality models... 😏

• Like 2

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

5 minutes ago, pommy80 said:

Keep an eye out in the next few days for some more, brand new, high quality models... 😏

747 ???!

Posted (edited)

Overflying EGLL with AIG set to 50%, AutoFPS active and FPS locked to 65. Didn't notice any decrease in performance - FPS steady and smooth at 65. I'm running AIGround+AIFlow by the way. 

VI6KgJ5.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

11 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

747 ???!

no 😉 Previews of what wiull come have been posted on our forum already^^

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RobJC said:

A lot more variety with AIG and the models look excellent. Plus the planes don't all leave the gate at once so it feels a bit more natural. I like it.  

yep  that's  what  i found  using  fsltl  is  that they always  leave  at the  same  time,  and  if  your  unlucky  you  could be  stuck  behind  10  aircraft  before  you  can enter  the  runway

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

yep  that's  what  i found  using  fsltl  is  that they always  leave  at the  same  time,  and  if  your  unlucky  you  could be  stuck  behind  10  aircraft  before  you  can enter  the  runway

AIGround and AIFlow (flightsim.to) will fix that, for whatever traffic injector you use. Highly recommended.

19 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

747 ???!

The 747 models were all updated a few months ago. The new ones are the AIG 787's.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

35 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

The 747 models were all updated a few months ago. The new ones are the AIG 787's.

But they are still not PBR. The 747s I mean. At least the -400/-F is not, still looks bland compared to the other shiny and crisp models.

48 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

But they are still not PBR. The 747s I mean.

747 have gotten PBR. Sure you are updated?

5 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

747 have gotten PBR. Sure you are updated?

I think so, files in the FAIB 747 folders are from 30th of december 2023 and march 2024. How can I quickly check if I'm hallucinating? PBR will reflect light at night and non-PBR won't, correct?

inside the FAIB 747 SImObjects is a oci.____ directory inside of it there should be some xxx_c.dds.png files

35 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

inside the FAIB 747 SImObjects is a oci.____ directory inside of it there should be some xxx_c.dds.png files

oci.alpha and oci.lmrfromalpha are empty, in oci.texture__744f there are two FAIB_B7474F_GE_C.PNG.DDS files. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Sadly AIG TC crashed yet another time, sometime on approach to EGLL. This has happened intermittently lately, making me inclined to return to FSLTL. I really like the AIG TC interface though...

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”