Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

FSLTL or AIG?

FSLTL.  Its installer is great, easy to config the number of static and live traffic as well as its other controls and quite frankly out of its 2000 liveries I'd be hard pressed to name 50.

• Upvote 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

The guys at FSLTL simply refuse to make 1440 textures available as an option and I have no idea why.

Yeah.

I don't get this either.

• Like 2

Chris Howard

AIG.

Easy to use and way more variety. New and updated aircraft models releasing frequently, plus not to mention the work Kai does to continually improve AIM and AI traffic in a bugged MSFS.

But AFAIK you can run both together to get the results you want, unless you don’t use live traffic like me, where AIG is far superior. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

42 minutes ago, Noel said:

FSLTL.  Its installer is great, easy to config the number of static and live traffic as well as its other controls and quite frankly out of its 2000 liveries I'd be hard pressed to name 50.

Yeah, I don't understand how liveries are missing for so many people, where are they flying Transylvania? 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

AIG always. Much more liveries and my biggest reason, the special liveries. Take Southwest AIG has all special liveries. And Kaii is always improving the programs. Downloader is working perfect now, and you can simply choose the texture size. I use it for live traffic.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Combination FSLTL and AIG with PSXT

No AI package will fix the hideous 3 point take-offs and landings prevalent with this version of MSFS.  

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

So the answer to the OP question, so far, is that its down to personal taste and preference. 😁

I’ve taken a long break from AIG. Then I recently re-installed it and was surprised how much better the UI is, both in the manager and the controller.

FSLTL is still easier to install, but AIG is closing in with its “one-click” concept. And it has far more models and flight plans. And I find the TC UI way better than FSLTL. 

Not sure about performance though, but I like the 0-100% slider in AIG-TC. I once tested it at 100% at KJFK - not recommended! The mainthread has never suffered as much… 

That’s a very unfair comparison to FSLTL though as I’ve been using max 30 IFR and max 30 parked aircraft. With AIG at 100% I had 300+ AI in the vicinity…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

As I see it, both FSLTL and AIG cater, mainly, to the commercial airlines crowd. Large airports which means that we are flying an airliner. I have to wonder how many of us actually get the time to hang around in an external view and ogle the traffic around us even to the point of focusing on decals on the AI models.
Personally, I have too much going on in the flight deck prepping the flight to meet my slot time so 1440p textures and 4000 models instead of "only" 2000 means very little to me.
I'm happy with FSLTL and the convenience it offers.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

47 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, I don't understand how liveries are missing for so many people, where are they flying Transylvania? 😉

Some people like to discover the world in a flight simulator that has the entire world as content. And by the way Transylvania has 8 million inhabitants and is part of a big european country (Romania), so you could have definitely come up with a much more exotic place to prove your point. To which I'd then respond "The more exotic, the more interesting to fly in".

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I prefer AIG because the number of liveries/airlines and aircraft 

Edited by Tuskin38

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

As I see it, both FSLTL and AIG cater, mainly, to the commercial airlines crowd. Large airports which means that we are flying an airliner. I have to wonder how many of us actually get the time to hang around in an external view and ogle the traffic around us even to the point of focusing on decals on the AI models.

Sometimes I just plane watch.

it was easier in FSX/P3D as it had an option to switch your camera to follow an AI aircraft.

You can technically still do that in dev mode, but there’s no label on the menu telling you what the aircraft/sim object is.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Hey, you shouldn't underestimate Transylvania, it's a hidden gem! 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, edemeijer said:

I am only wondering if I miss any models when having the FSLTL base package not installed

The only model that FSLTL adds that isn't included with AIG is the MD11. 

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS