Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

What a Performance Upgrade!

Update: I have been flying with the Fenix A320, LOD 150, Render = 120 (4127x1727) with FG on and FPS locked at 60 FPS and it has been SOOO smooth! Very happy so far. 

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

54 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Update: I have been flying with the Fenix A320, LOD 150, Render = 120 (4127x1727) with FG on and FPS locked at 60 FPS and it has been SOOO smooth! Very happy so far. 

What are you using to lock the FPS, RTSS? And do you have VSync On or Off?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

21 minutes ago, Alvega said:

What are you using to lock the FPS, RTSS? And do you have VSync On or Off?

RTSS and VSYNC off. 

• Like 1

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

8 hours ago, eslader said:

A quick Google search indicates otherwise

A quick Google search has absolutely ZERO to do with my own personal experience with MY hardware. Have a nice day 😊

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

For me with 3 screens: FG off is not good (poor performance). FG on is glorious!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

47 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

A quick Google search has absolutely ZERO to do with my own personal experience with MY hardware. Have a nice day 😊

Obviously, but claiming it is "not a common problem" because you, personally, have not encountered it comes across as, at best, confusion over how statistics work.

2 hours ago, eslader said:

Obviously, but claiming it is "not a common problem" because you, personally, have not encountered it comes across as, at best, confusion over how statistics work.

Okay, fair point. My intent was to emphasis that I have a good, 3 year combined history using those two chips and have not encountered said audio problem, so a fair sample size. Also, across the board of other 7800X3D and 5800X3D users here on these forums, this was the first time I had ever heard of it being an issue, so another reason why I posted what I did. But, a common problem? Possibly, just not in my experience. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I suspect it has something to do with the motherboard it's on as well, though the chip is a factor (which I determined because the headphones worked fine with the 2700X, and then started dropping out when I put the 5800X3d on the same motherboard without changing anything else). But I've seen some reports that the problem goes away on certain motherboards with a firmware update. It's definitely not something that will hit everyone - I only mentioned it because I pulled my hair out for months and went through 3 different wireless headsets before I finally started finding people correlating the interference to the chip.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eslader said:

I suspect it has something to do with the motherboard it's on as well, though the chip is a factor (which I determined because the headphones worked fine with the 2700X, and then started dropping out when I put the 5800X3d on the same motherboard without changing anything else). But I've seen some reports that the problem goes away on certain motherboards with a firmware update. It's definitely not something that will hit everyone - I only mentioned it because I pulled my hair out for months and went through 3 different wireless headsets before I finally started finding people correlating the interference to the chip.

I can definitely appreciate how much of a PITA that had to be to troubleshoot. Those kinds of issues are frustrating to say the least. It makes sense that it happens with some motherboards and not others. There is such a spread of variety when it comes to hardware in the PC world, even within the same platform, that it's a wonder we don't experience even more weird problems than we do. All that said, I do find the 7800X3D such a remarkable stable and good platform for gamin and flight simming. I don't use my flight sim PC for productivity tasks, so the 7800X3D is perfect for my use at this point. At least you were able to nail down the cause of your audio issues, because that would eventually lead to mass hair pulling for me...lol.

• Like 1

Almost a month in and I am loving this new rig! Here is a little video with my specs and settings. 

1 hour ago, iFlySimX said:

Almost a month in and I am loving this new rig!

Me too!  After a couple of weeks of 'getting to know 7800x3D' and getting everything setup and a few issues ironed out I'm very happy with the outcome.  I still have some issues w/ FG-related graphic aberration but it's variable and often it's fine.  Fortunately the native rate is high enough so that I never need to go below 40fps native in the most demanding scenarios and usually it's higher than that.   Right now I almost never see a single stutter from gate to gate, render scale is at 155 which adds along with higher TLOD levels unparalleled sharpness.  My only disappointment is that the motherboard simply won't reboot on its own if there is a BIOS setting that isn't working and/or it takes forever to reboot, hard to say which sometimes.  Whereas all motherboards in the past 15y for me would reboot and take you to the BIOS to make a change, of course.  This motherboard made me either hit the jumpers to clear the BIOS but sometimes I had to pull the RTX4090 just to get to the BIOS battery to remove it as that is the only action that would get me to a viable POST.  It's an MSI Pro 650P Wifi, and my prior board for 9900K was also MSI but it had no problem with this issue.  It's stable now, temps are fine and have yet to have a single CTD.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, Noel said:

Me too!  After a couple of weeks of 'getting to know 7800x3D' and getting everything setup and a few issues ironed out I'm very happy with the outcome.  I still have some issues w/ FG-related graphic aberration but it's variable and often it's fine.  Fortunately the native rate is high enough so that I never need to go below 40fps native in the most demanding scenarios and usually it's higher than that.   Right now I almost never see a single stutter from gate to gate, render scale is at 155 which adds along with higher TLOD levels unparalleled sharpness.  My only disappointment is that the motherboard simply won't reboot on its own if there is a BIOS setting that isn't working and/or it takes forever to reboot, hard to say which sometimes.  Whereas all motherboards in the past 15y for me would reboot and take you to the BIOS to make a change, of course.  This motherboard made me either hit the jumpers to clear the BIOS but sometimes I had to pull the RTX4090 just to get to the BIOS battery to remove it as that is the only action that would get me to a viable POST.  It's an MSI Pro 650P Wifi, and my prior board for 9900K was also MSI but it had no problem with this issue.  It's stable now, temps are fine and have yet to have a single CTD.

Have you updated the Bios to the latest AGESA version? the longer boot times are due to AM5 motherboards doing memory training if you change som major settings in Bios, but they goes way faster with the latest version, but my motherboard also does memory training from time to time without me changing anything.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

9 hours ago, Noel said:

Same here, I do get some weird ghosting/jitters with TAA & FG. Other than that, locked at 60fps with the Fenix and smooth 99% of the time.

6 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Have you updated the Bios to the latest AGESA version? the longer boot times are due to AM5 motherboards doing memory training if you change som major settings in Bios, but they goes way faster with the latest version, but my motherboard also does memory training from time to time without me changing anything.

That must be what's happening.  I did update the latest BIOS from MSI, is there another source? Never heard of AGESA version but again latest from US MSI site. I've found that any change to any setting in the BIOS does that slow start thing which is new coming from Intel for me.  So is your idea if any change is made just plan on it taking a while to reboot?  Boot time is fine now...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

34 minutes ago, Noel said:

That must be what's happening.  I did update the latest BIOS from MSI, is there another source? Never heard of AGESA version but again latest from US MSI site. I've found that any change to any setting in the BIOS does that slow start thing which is new coming from Intel for me.  So is your idea if any change is made just plan on it taking a while to reboot?  Boot time is fine now...

AGESA is the AMD Bios, maybe MSI have another name for it, but if you have the latest it should be fine.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |