Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Steam refunds for MS Marketplace purchases

Do I have any chance of getting a refund from Steam from an MS Marketplace purchase? I have just purchased LIEO Olbia Costa Smeralda thinking that it was version 2 of this airport, but unfortunately it is version 1. A stupid mistake on my part, but now I am £10.49 out of pocket with the wrong version of the airport. I see that I can get version 2 via ORBx Central, but I need that ten quid back first!!

I have already submitted the refund request.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't think I've ever managed to get a refund from Steam direct but I always pay with Paypal and I've successfully got refunds from them for Steam purchases. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Posted (edited)

I've had dozens of refunds from Steam for products bought for other sims. But they were always bought directly from the Steam DLC pages.  The rule is usually that you need to not have used the product for more than 2 hours and 48 hours must not have passed since the purchase.

Not sure how it will work where the addon was bought from Marketplace. 

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Yeah, it could be tricky. I realised that it was the wrong version during the download process, so I have not used it. However, it has been installed to my Community folder, so I do not know if I will be able to prove that I have removed it.

What a stupid mistake :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Do I have any chance of getting a refund from Steam from an MS Marketplace purchase? I have just purchased LIEO Olbia Costa Smeralda thinking that it was version 2 of this airport, but unfortunately it is version 1. A stupid mistake on my part, but now I am £10.49 out of pocket with the wrong version of the airport. I see that I can get version 2 via ORBx Central, but I need that ten quid back first!!

I have already submitted the refund request.

Have you asked Microsoft?

Bert

They would probably laugh, and ask me to take my comedy act elsewhere.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

42 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

They would probably laugh, and ask me to take my comedy act elsewhere.

wont the thing update at some time in the mp, most sure do.

They are two separate products. I doubt that I would get an automatic upgrade to v2.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I had an issue in the past with an airport from MS Marketplace, the payment was done but download was not working, I did a ticket to Zendesk and then they gave me a confirmation that the download was indeed not done and with that I was instructed to contact Steam Support and then I got the refund.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Posted (edited)

Sadly, it is different in this case. The download was completed, and the airport was installed. With hindsight, I should have cancelled the download as soon as I realised the error. I have just received confirmation that I will not be getting a refund.

Happy Easter, everyone :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Sadly, it is different in this case. The download was completed, and the airport was installed. With hindsight, I should have cancelled the download as soon as I realised the error. I have just received confirmation that I will not be getting a refund.

Yes, that would have been OK I think. Happy Easter to you too! 

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

25 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That's really frustrating.   Oh well, we live and learn!

Bill

Posted (edited)

I have already uninstalled the airport, as using it when I know that there is a much better version available is not how I work. It was the last purchase that I was intending to make in the Easter sale, so it is frustrating that I wasted it. Oh, well.....time to start saving the pennies for the next sale :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have already uninstalled the airport, as using it when I know that there is a much better version available is not how I work. It was the last purchase that I was intending to make in the Easter sale, so it is frustrating that I wasted it. Oh, well.....time to start saving the pennies for the next sale :smile:

If it's any consolation, I spent £60 on sale airports in the Marketplace.. most of which are pretty poor!   At least £20 of that money's lost too 😄

• Upvote 1

Bill

Count me in this.

I've picked up a few bargains over the past few days and a few where I question my sanity 🤒😆

We probably had the most awful takeaway last night though so I never learn.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Howard