Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Ran AIG AI Manager this Morning and...

SO I ran the AIG AI Manager this morning to just run some updates for flightplans etc. and it removed ALL of my flightplans and AI aircraft installed! OMG! I had a TON of airlines installed. All gone.

And now the AI manager is acting very strange - it will not download any plans?

BE CAREFUL and back up your aircraft in the AIG folder before opening that manager again!

Now I'm not sure what I can do to get them back 😞

• Like 1

Same here, did it yesterday evening, all gone...!`Dont run AIM!!!

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

3 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Same here, did it yesterday evening, all gone...!`Dont run AIM!!!

Adding in @Kaiii3 for visibility.

logs would be helpfull to track this issues down 😉

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Did you check if all the files are still in 'Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta'?

I had that two or three times since I use AIM, very annoying, especially when having a full install. Good reminder to run my backup again these days.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks, logs seem to have been deleted and started a new log or overwrites it - so at least the program "reset" itself. I restarted my PC after work today then opened the AIG program. It prompted to install an update (which it did not do earlier) then it recognized that I didn't have the aircraft files anymore and is currently downloading 1,018 of them 🤪

Could be worse stuff in life I suppose! 

Just be sure to backup once in a while - lesson learned.

5 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

logs would be helpfull to track this issues down 😉

So, any word from AIG?. It's a known issue?. Still going on?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

One of the flightplan downloads stalled at 0% - meanwhile I came back here and noticed a PM, a very kind soul shared their backup with me! Thank you so much to the person who did that!

• Like 1

I too wish to express my gratefulness for the backup files sent to me by message, AVSIM never ceases to amaze me with the number of simmers willing to help each other.

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

9 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

I didn't have the aircraft files anymore and is currently downloading 1,018 of them 🤪

After further investigation this morning, it appears that AIM "could" have created an additional Airplane file into my Community folder. I certainly did not create that file myself since my OCI folder was always on a separate drive and linked to my MSFS Community through AddonLinker (from day 1 two years ago), so this is impossible, yet it was here hence a conflict having two OCI and no traffic at all in MSFS.

Furthermore, when I moved that "new" Airplane file to my original OCI Airplane folder, nothing was overwritten meaning that those aircraft were not the same as the one of my original Airplane OCI folder, so clearly something went wrong with AIM during the update process. 

@KERNEL32 May i suggest you check this as well to see if my issue is similar to yours and then we could inform @Kaiii3 accordingly?

In addition, the Simobjects and Models Update buttons relain red whatever I do.

At least now I do have my AI traffic back to the fullest.

Bernard

I run AIG Manager most days to check on updates.  Ran it again this morning and the application updated and restarted.  I was informed of both model and flightplan updates being available so ran both.

The model update went through a scan with the blue progress bar then eventually said 'done' but the red Update Models was still showing.  Ran it a few times but the same result.

I went into the options and selected VerifySetup.  It did a scan than asked me if Id like to auto repair, which I did.  A number of liveries were then installed.  Update Model still showed in red so I restarted AIG Manager and all seems fine.  

I have a full AIG install with 1624 F;ightplans and 303 Simobjects.  Running version 1.2.3.2 of AIG Manager.  Will open the sim now and see if it injects ok

• Like 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

3 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

@KERNEL32 May i suggest you check this as well to see if my issue is similar to yours and then we could inform @Kaiii3 accordingly?

Hi @Bernard Ducret, I apologize but my old brain is not quite understanding what you're asking me to check for. I also need to explain that all of my aircraft were removed by the program and from what I can see no new folders were created (but I also have a default community folder install which appears to be a difference to your install). I have since reinstalled all flight plans and aircraft, so I'm all set now; everything is working again!

• Like 1

@KERNEL32 Let me try to explain what happen as clearly as my (old) brain allows... My MSFS is on my C drive, and AIM with OCI is on my E drive. It is linked to my Community folder via Addon-Linker (and it has been so for the past two years with no issue)

Yesterday I updated the Models and the Flightplans in AIM. The flight plans were correctly updated and the red button became green.

Models were shown in red too, so I run update, at the end of the process it said "Done", but the button remained red. When I started MSFS, I had no traffic at all at EGLL... I then checked my Community folder and saw a new OCI SimObjects folder in it containing a few airplanes (which was never there before since I am linking my OCI from my E drive to the Community folder with Addon-Linker).

So I moved the content of this "new" OCI-SimObjects folder from the Community folder into my original OCI-SimObjects folder on my E drive. Problem solved, evidently the double OCI folder was the issue.

I thought that perhaps, the same happened to you and your OCI-SimObjects folder was still intact but you had another rogue OCI-SimObjects folder in your Community folder? In which case AIM would have created it.

Bernard

22 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

I thought that perhaps, the same happened to you and your OCI-SimObjects folder was still intact but you had another rogue OCI-SimObjects folder in your Community folder? In which case AIM would have created it.

Oh okay I see now, thank you for explaining in detail! But unfortunately no, there were no other folders within that community folder. When the AIG program deleted all my aircraft, it was done during the "verify setup" process. I know this because I actually had the folder open in another window in file explorer, and watched the files "disappear" as the program worked through the progress bar. I was like "what!?". Checked the recycle bin and anywhere else I could think of and they were just gone.

There were three aircraft that remained and did NOT get deleted if this helps anyone diagnose this bug. The aircraft that remained after pressing the "verify setup" button were "AIGAIM_DFAI_C525B_CitationJetCJ3", "AIGAIM_DFAI_C550_CitationII" and "AIGAIM_RFSL_CRJ-900_OW". I was able to verify this as those folder dates were older than all of the ones I just installed and I knew that a few folders remained.

• Like 1