Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Marketplace: "Buy and Download" vs "Buy"

What is the difference between the two?

I have been avoiding the Marketplace but decided to jump in again to buy Cockspur's Mustang. At a hard-to-resist price of U$9.99, which is 63% off the regular price of $26.99, I figure it's worth it since Cockspur is still updating the aircraft (by the way the sale ends April 11 tomorrow my time).

I bought selecting "Buy and Download".  Got the screen caps to prove that I paid for it but I'm not able to download the plane. I hope it's just that the servers are being overloaded?  Most of all, I am hoping this will be a hassle-free purchase and I don't have to deal with tech support. I'll try again later. I guess Marketplace hasn't changed that much. It's probably still best to avoid purchasing there as much as possible if other better options are available.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Does the product show up as purchased in your content manager under the uninstalled tab ? If it has, then it won't be an issue downloading whenever you feel like, but if it hasn't, then you need to open a ticked with msfs support. I read somewhere else, can't recall where exactly, that if it doesn't show up as purchased, you can click on buy, but when cancel/close the window when it redirects you to the external page.

On a personal note, I've yet to have any issues purchasing from the store, but I usually use the buy option, and download it later as download speeds are terrible.

1 minute ago, arkob145 said:

Does the product show up as purchased in your content manager under the uninstalled tab ?

No. And I also searched for Cockspur to be sure I didn't miss it and the Content Manager couldn't detect any either.  It's sounding like I'm ending up with the "Buy" option even though I selected the "Buy and Download" option. 

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

23 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Content Manager couldn't detect any eithe

Might as well open a ticket with support then. While MSFS as sim is great, there a lot of things that can be improved on microsoft's part.

• Like 1

I'll give it time. IF I have to open a ticket, since I have MSFS on Steam, do I go to Steam or Microsoft support? Thanks in advance.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I do believe that is the most likely issue. MSFS cannot complete your purchase using the method you have set up to pay. There's somewhere to set that up manually in the Store version, it's called Wallet in the  Seam version. Marketplace should do the automatically, with prompts. But automatic often doesn't work, or works and then in a few weeks quits working. Every few months I have to redo this:

Marketplace stuck in a loop while purchasing, never completes, open steam wallet and re-select how I pay for things (reset it to my Paypal credentials).  And then go back to MSFS marketplace and purchases now worked perfectly again.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Have you confirmed via your bank / cc that the payment was taken?

I bought two airports on Marketplace today and both went through smoothly.  I always select "Buy and Downloade" because I always want the product I've just bought right away!   Never understood the point of the "Buy" only option.

If the product is not showing up when you search for it in the content manager, it sounds like the payment has not gone through.   Where this has happened to me in the past, I found if I exited MSFS and rebooted my PC, then relaunched MSFS, the 'pending' order had disappeared and I was able to buy.    It's happened 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years and I've (thankfully) never needed to contant Zendesk about it.

Good luck getting it sorted out!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Other problems buying messages say: For steam make sure the steam overlay is  turned on in settings. Make sure to boot up MSFS not in administrator mode. Log out and back in of your gamer tag (top right hand corner inside MSFS).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Never understood the point of the "Buy" only option.

"This thing is on sale and I'm on a metered connection. I'll buy it now, and download it when I have more data available."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, eslader said:

"This thing is on sale and I'm on a metered connection. I'll buy it now, and download it when I have more data available."

Or "I'll buy it now but I have to make some space on my near-full drive" 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I recently purchased the Mustang Jet with no problems and downloaded it OK.

Personally I have never had a problem with the marketplace. Have purchased a few aircraft from them.

I am on Steam, if that makes any difference.

14 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

What is the difference between the two?

I have been avoiding the Marketplace but decided to jump in again to buy Cockspur's Mustang. At a hard-to-resist price of U$9.99, which is 63% off the regular price of $26.99, I figure it's worth it since Cockspur is still updating the aircraft (by the way the sale ends April 11 tomorrow my time).

I bought selecting "Buy and Download".  Got the screen caps to prove that I paid for it but I'm not able to download the plane. I hope it's just that the servers are being overloaded?  Most of all, I am hoping this will be a hassle-free purchase and I don't have to deal with tech support. I'll try again later. I guess Marketplace hasn't changed that much. It's probably still best to avoid purchasing there as much as possible if other better options are available.

If it's on the marketplace, that is the best place to purchase the item.  It is a worry-free purchase. It is not clear to me why anyone would want to avoid the marketplace.

14 hours ago, arkob145 said:

Does the product show up as purchased in your content manager under the uninstalled tab ? If it has, then it won't be an issue downloading whenever you feel like, but if it hasn't, then you need to open a ticked with msfs support. I read somewhere else, can't recall where exactly, that if it doesn't show up as purchased, you can click on buy, but when cancel/close the window when it redirects you to the external page.

On a personal note, I've yet to have any issues purchasing from the store, but I usually use the buy option, and download it later as download speeds are terrible.

I have purchased many products on the marketplace with buy and download, without issue.

14 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

I'll give it time. IF I have to open a ticket, since I have MSFS on Steam, do I go to Steam or Microsoft support? Thanks in advance.

I go through the MS Store, so not sure how Steam matters.  Note that it took a couple of days for the ticket to be addressed, so it wouldn't hurt to get one out there.  They handled the issue easily, but it took them awhile to get to it. 

Do you have the option to buy anything else?  I know when I had my issue, the "buy" option was removed from everything.  It was like my account was stuck in a pending transaction. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF