Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

April 11, 2024 MSFS Development Update

16 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

but I'm sure those who haven't been in the beta are excited to see how the sim performs.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the Black Square Dukes which is being held up by SU15. I'll take any new improvements to the sim but there is nothing from the coming update that I am looking forward to except for its release.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Agreed.  I have been banging the drum just as loudly as anyone else Marc, and in fact I have sent them a question on the DX11 and DX12 tiling issues for the next twitch developer session around the middle of the month I believe.

I don't expect it to be answered.  I expect Jayne will be told to filter it out or told not to ask it.  You can call me cynical if you like, but my attitude is only formed from previous experience - what else can I do?  :unsure:

The thing I don't understand is why there is not more noise generated about it from users.  Graphical aberrations in a sim that prides itself on graphics should be a major thing, yet it doesn't seem to bother a lot of people.  Strange.
Although I do note they tend to be the kind of simmers that moan if the taxi light switch doesn't make the right kind of click!  :laugh:  It is a fact that I will never understand everybody, so at my age, I give up now.

PS.  I saw it talked about on a scenery developers discord thread.  They are fed up with people moaning about the bleed through on their sceneries in DX12, so they have approached Asobo over it.
Maybe if a developer complains (rather than a paying customer :rolleyes:) then something will get done about it.

Yeah the Horizon Line issue didn't get on everyone's annoyance, yet it was (still is) there for every single user so I was surprised if didn't get as many votes as it got before Asobo finally did tweak it somewhat, thankfully it should be eradicated in MSFS2024.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Agreed.  I have been banging the drum just as loudly as anyone else Marc, and in fact I have sent them a question on the DX11 and DX12 tiling issues for the next twitch developer session around the middle of the month I believe.

I don't expect it to be answered.  I expect Jayne will be told to filter it out or told not to ask it.  You can call me cynical if you like, but my attitude is only formed from previous experience - what else can I do?  :unsure:

The thing I don't understand is why there is not more noise generated about it from users.  Graphical aberrations in a sim that prides itself on graphics should be a major thing, yet it doesn't seem to bother a lot of people.  Strange.
Although I do note they tend to be the kind of simmers that moan if the taxi light switch doesn't make the right kind of click!  :laugh:  It is a fact that I will never understand everybody, so at my age, I give up now.

PS.  I saw it talked about on a scenery developers discord thread.  They are fed up with people moaning about the bleed through on their sceneries in DX12, so they have approached Asobo over it.
Maybe if a developer complains (rather than a paying customer :rolleyes:) then something will get done about it.

Yeah the Horizon Line issue didn't get on everyone's annoyance, yet it was (still is) there for every single user so I was surprised if didn't get as many votes as it got before Asobo finally did tweak it somewhat, thankfully it should be eradicated in MSFS2024.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Could it be that people are reluctant to be vocal about issues on their forum due to the way it's being moderated? Just a wild guess - I've pretty much stopped using the forum.

In a nutshell yes!

7 hours ago, Dillon said:

I don't know why.😳  It's better to push this update back as far as they feel necessary versus breaking everyone's sim like they did in the past.  I don't get this gotta have it now and then complain features in the sim is broken attitude.🥴  It's like people at the airport mad their flight is delayed for a technical problem and/or weather.  Would they rather go up and crash losing their lives or wait until all issues/circumstances are resolved?😶

I agree.

I'm just looking forward to the Dukes and these won't release till the SU15 comes out. Selfish? Naw. Serious about this? Naw.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

17 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Why do you re-post this stuff here????

A waste of time. Anyone using MSFS2020 should know a development update is posted every Thursday.

You could just say "Thank you" or, I don't know, maybe just ignore the thread if you're not interested?

• Like 8

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Btw which city is that in the 747 image? It looks like the Toronto CN tower, but... And what about the Ferris wheel? Are those PG-buildings?

4 hours ago, polosim said:

Seattle, WA ( Apparently).

3 hours ago, BrianW said:

I'm not sure where it is, but It doesn't look like Seattle. 

Definitely not the Space Needle, so not Seattle. Towers like that are common in Germany and Japan in particular.

Edit: Just looked at the poster's Twitter account - Located in Japan. The Tower looks like the Tokyo Skytree, so that would make it Tokyo Haneda (RJTT). And the Giant Sky Wheel would be the Ferris wheel.

Edited by 109Sqn
  • Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

Edit: Just looked at the poster's Twitter account - Located in Japan. The Tower looks like the Tokyo Skytree, so that would make it Tokyo Haneda (RJTT). And the Giant Sky Wheel would be the Ferris wheel.

Good detective work, I had the same thoughts with the TV towers but didn't look much further. I just knew it wasn't Seattle from my 20 years of flying the Seattle skies.

Brian W

KPAE

Just call me C-130 Poirot😉

• Like 1

The first Beta (2) had a few issues (Feb. 14) . The next Beta (4) resolved those for me (Feb. 22). Personally I think the beta was solid and releasable ever since. I haven't seen a thing broken since Feb. 22.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

28 minutes ago, Fielder said:

The first Beta (2) had a few issues (Feb. 14) . The next Beta (4) resolved those for me (Feb. 22). Personally I think the beta was solid and releasable ever since. I haven't seen a thing broken since Feb. 22.

Agree! I had a lot of CTDs initially, but once that was resolved, the sim has never been more stable. Performance is excellent 👌🏻

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”