Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Jetway issue - am I missing something?

Posted (edited)

Ok, I'm no jetway expert, but I'm guessing these jetways aren't supposed to be like this..... with a section missing?!

The odd thing is, I was having this issue a few days ago with two UK2000 airports.   This pic is Pyreegue UKBB Boryspil and the same thing.

Any clues what's going on here? ... or am I being dumb and they're meant to look like that? 😄

EDIT:   As per MidnightMusic's post below - I don't have or use GSX 👍

missing-jetways.png

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Do you use GSX? If you do you need to exclude them in the GSX configuration menu.

Lee

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

7 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Do you use GSX? If you do you need to exclude them in the GSX configuration menu.

Lee

Nope, don't use GSX 👍

Bill

Posted (edited)

This is a baseless idea, but do you have the UK2000 common library installed? Should show up in your content manager. (Unsure if other scenery devs can utilise it)

Edited by mikethe6th
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mikethe6th said:

This is a baseless idea, but do you have the UK2000 common library installed? Should show up in your content manager. (Unsure if other scenery devs can utilise it)

That's a good suggestion and I looked into that myself, when I first saw this issue with some UK2000 airports.  I do have it installed in MSFS.  There was also a copy of it at UK2000's website, which seemed a little newer, so I installed that too.

Pyreegue are a pretty high end scenery dev and I don't think use the UK2000 common library, but it's a possibility.   The 'broken' jetways at the UK2000 airports did look very similar!

Bill

Posted (edited)

I did not see your system resources, but if you are approaching limits -- like vram -- MSFS will begin removing objects in order to keep you within limits and one of the first thing it begins to remove are these kinds of additions at airport, like jetways, There was a good video on You Tube that showed this at different levels of constraint. I have had it happen to me when I push all my settings to Ultra and add all the options at an airport like EWR or JFK.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

I have some the same thing in some airports. I tried with GSX and without. I don't believe it VRAM limit problem. I have very 3rd party airports that very "heavy" quality/objects/traffic and they never have this issue. I personally believe it's 3rd party library that used something override some default object . In fact, some time ago I had pink texture runway issue. I couldn't figure out what it was a culprit for months. One day I was cleaning my community folder and by pure chance uninstalled one airports that appear to cause this trouble ! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Posted (edited)
I had an i7-9700f and an RTX2070, now a 7800x3d and an RTX4070S and still have this problem in the UKBB
Edited by romaf12008

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I have some the same thing in some airports. I tried with GSX and without.

GSX doesn't have anything to do with it, it's a known MSFS bug which has been known since it came out, we reported it to Asobo in 2022 before GSX was even released, they confirmed it to be reproducible on their end, but it has never been fixed.

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/some-longstanding-jetways-issues/4487

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1