Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

VNLK, Lukla

Got an email announcing the new Aerosoft Lukla, and went to check out the default version as I know it's one of MS' hand crafted airports. The Aerosoft version looks very much like just a few minor animations added on to the default, so for now I'll stick with the default. Probably not for ever - I'm a sucker for the likes of a few cattle wandering around the perimeter etc - but I'll probably wait for a sale.

Meanwhile, here's some shots as a sort of balance for my recent KNQX post!

Parked up in the Cockspur Phenom (another sale item recently). No idea if this would be a feasible aircraft for this place, and frankly my dear, I don't give a dumb. Weather not looking good, but makes for some fine views.
vybyFoj.jpg

EioLbKo.jpg

Definitely a candidate for the "beam me up" approach. It's be great to beam in for maybe 10 minutes or so, just to experience the place, but actually travelling there? Gotta be crazy.
lQbL0NV.jpg

These buildings and this weather make me think of a really depressing 1950s school environment here in the UK. Sort of like a mountainous version of Southend. Great to be able to see this sort of thing in the sim though. The wonders of MSFS again.
Gcqnwmu.jpg

cxHAkqg.jpg

MZiz0D3.jpg

And the view looking back down from those hills
y1O1uhJ.jpg

And this looks like a grey mess, but if you look on a big screen the light on those distant peaks is rather magnificent (IMO)
KB8LGo3.jpg

The beginnings of a break in the weather in the distance
bnTCIHD.jpg

IOzAYg4.jpg

oQVKENR.jpg

IJm0CFO.jpg

Any sign of a frozen Julie Andrews?
L4HFKLn.jpg

7dCHPjV.jpg

YrBDgsC.jpg

Hey, if it keeps improving I might be able to get out of here
9DGl57A.jpg

sQyO6VB.jpg

Not generally a fan of mountains (same with islands), but trying to spend more time exploring such places. In both cases, I enjoy them more up close, like in this set.

• Like 7

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Really great shots!

• Like 1

You've really got the knack for putting us in a location, even if just for a few minutes. I've viewed probably hundreds of screens of Lukla over the years (in multiple sims) but never experienced it quite like this. And the lighting in that last shot is truly stunning.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Beautys Andy, this is a fantastic winter scenery did also some flights from there - you have to be a good pilot, landing is not easy on Lukla..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Great looking set and ambience, Andy. I had flown AS Lukla in FSX a lot, but this here in MSFS looks so much better...low-level resolution wise...

[Been to VNKT once, but never could make it to VNLK. It was before they renamed "Lukla" Airport to "Tenzing-Hillary" Airport...]

• Like 1

Very good shots again Andy but this is not the "Lukla screenshot wheather", must be nice and colorful...🙂 don't take it serious....🙃

• Like 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

On 4/20/2024 at 11:57 AM, Todd2 said:

Really great shots!

Cheers Todd!

On 4/20/2024 at 3:46 PM, John F said:

You've really got the knack for putting us in a location, even if just for a few minutes. I've viewed probably hundreds of screens of Lukla over the years (in multiple sims) but never experienced it quite like this. And the lighting in that last shot is truly stunning.

Thanks John! I really enjoy getting down to ground level and poking around. This is the first sim where that's been a serious option, and it's how I spend most of my sim time. I doubt I spend more than maybe 5% of my time actually flying in any session. Sometimes I might force myself to stay in the cockpit for maybe 30 - 40 minutes while I record a flight, but then I'll probably spend many hours over the course of a couple of days exploring the environment via the replay.

On 4/20/2024 at 5:44 PM, pmplayer said:

Beautys Andy, this is a fantastic winter scenery did also some flights from there - you have to be a good pilot, landing is not easy on Lukla..

cheers 😉

Cheers PMP! Truth be told, I'm not sure I've ever even tried to land here. Start parked and look around, maybe take off, maybe not. From the air, I don't find mountains interesting so I tend not to hang around them much. Partly because even MSFS seems to have trouble with vertical faces. Maybe 2024 will improve that aspect.

On 4/21/2024 at 10:54 AM, P_7878 said:

Great looking set and ambience, Andy. I had flown AS Lukla in FSX a lot, but this here in MSFS looks so much better...low-level resolution wise...

Cheers P_7878! This is pretty good for a built in airport - I think MS/Asobo do good stuff with their hand crafted stuff.

17 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Very good shots again Andy but this is not the "Lukla screenshot wheather", must be nice and colorful...🙂 don't take it serious....🙃

Cheers Andreas, and my system defaults to sunny skies but I like a bit of gloom on occasion!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

The MSFS ambient lighting in these photos is Academy Award-winning stuff 😲

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]