Sign in to follow this  
tup61

AIG for Europe question

Posted (edited)

I am giving the 'new' AIG a try. I only fly in Europe and so I clicked on the Europe quick install button. This gives me 107 simobjects, 49 flightplans and no traffic (with FSHud) apart from 3 planes somewhere in the sky. I probably need to download a LOT more European flightplans but I wonder if there is a list somewhere that tells me which ones to download for Europe only...? I have no clue...

I don't want to download the entire world because that will only make the MSFS loading times longer. I really only need 'everything' that flies in Europe.

And btw the Global quick load preset: does that contain everything or is that for flightplans that cover the entire world (the big companies)?

The 'new' installer is a lot better than the old one but I am still a bit confused... 😉 

Edited by tup61

I installed 3 or 4 extra Norwegian companies and am flying in Norway now with a bit more traffic. If anyone has a list of every company that visits Norway.... TIA!

(Does AIG do GA now too...?)

25 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I installed 3 or 4 extra Norwegian companies and am flying in Norway now with a bit more traffic. If anyone has a list of every company that visits Norway.... TIA!

(Does AIG do GA now too...?)

1) If you mean GA = biz jets: Yes, for a long time. If you mean GA = light props etc.: Yes, those have recently and are still being added with the new "Dynamic flightplans". They will grow over time.

2) As for airlines in Norway: Not sure if google can help you out here, but you can search for an airport in AIG Manager via the ICAO code and see what airlines have flightplans going there and then download those. Start with the biggest airport (ENGM, ENBR etc.) and go from there until you're happy. You probably even get 95% by only downloading those at ENGM.

3) As for Europe: No idea, I've downloaded every single airline in AIG and am fine for whereever I fly now. Not sure if that affects startup times. Not a big problem for me anyway. Much better than manually downloading every time I fly in a different place.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

there is a slight «error» in your thinking if I may say: if you only install European Airlines you will still miss a lot, e.g. all airlines visiting Europe but having their origin outside Europe. All airlines from North America and Asia. Quiet some: AA, Delta, United, Air Canada, Qatar, Etihad, Emirates, Singapore just to name few. You will miss a lot of heavies on international airports using this approach.

• Like 4

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

you can search for an airport in AIG Manager via the ICAO code and see what airlines have flightplans going there and then download those. Start with the biggest airport (ENGM, ENBR etc.) and go from there until you're happy. You probably even get 95% by only downloading those at ENGM.

Great tip! I already noticed that list of companies for an airport but presumed that list showed the already installed ones. Seems that's not correct and it shows ALL available companies?

7 minutes ago, AnkH said:

if you only install European Airlines you will still miss a lot, e.g. all airlines visiting Europe but having their origin outside Europe.

I did think if that but presumed AIG was clever enough to include companies that visit Europe. Apperantly I was wrong... I will see if the previous tip solves this too.

4 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Great tip! I already noticed that list of companies for an airport but presumed that list showed the already installed ones. Seems that's not correct and it shows ALL available companies?

Yes, all that have flightplans for that airport (i.e. that go to this airport or from this airport at least once in a week).

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yes, all that have flightplans for that airport (i.e. that go to this airport or from this airport at least once in a week).

Bummer, that doesn't work. As I already thought it only shows the plans you have installed. Just checked KLAX and only got 15 European companies... Pity.

Perhaps I should install everything anyway...

BTW Anything specific I need to do for those Dynamic GA flights?

2 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Bummer, that doesn't work. As I already thought it only shows the plans you have installed. Just checked KLAX and only got 15 European companies... Pity.

Perhaps I should install everything anyway...

BTW Anything specific I need to do for those Dynamic GA flights?

Oh, sorry for the misinformation in that case. You might check flightradar24 for the airlines going into ENGM instead.

And no, Dynamic FPs get installed automatically if you install the appropriate GA "airlines" (which are not airlines in this case).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Also regarding load times. Assuming that you are installing traffic on to the reasonably modern SSD and PC, the difference is still going to be fairly minimal. I have about 90% of the airlines installed from AIG and the initial load time of the sim is maybe 40-50 seconds longer than with all of my AI aircraft removed. Considering what it brings to the sim, 45 seconds is nothing. 

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Posted (edited)

what i do is  google   iaco  airlines it  will list all the  airlines  that  will fly into  that airport,  than i just  download  those 

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

For GA I use a modified traffic.bgl from which airliners have been removed. These are inserted by default MSFS in addition to AIG. I believe that bgl can be found on flightsim.to.
It will be some time until there is sufficient GA in AIG to populate the skies. Too bad there isn't a GA traffic generator like there was for FSX which creates believable GA traffic.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

38 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

what i do is  google   iaco  airlines it  will list all the  airlines  that  will fly into  that airport,  than i just  download  those 

Nice tip! However, I plan to do it the other way around, I think. I have installed everything from AIG 100% and I noticed that when I search for an airport in the AIG manager it shows all the airlines that visit that specific airport. It only shows the installed ones but since I have 100% installed I will see all visitors.

So the coming weeks I will
1. make a list of my most visited airports and then
2. look them up in the AIG manager and
3. compile a list of the airlines that visit my most frequently used airports and then
4. I will delete all airlines (AIG flightplans) that are not on my list.

So I start with absolutely everything and hope to end with only those airlines/flightplans I usually use. (Not too bad if I miss out on one or two.) That will save me some loading time.

@tup61 i had done the little Excel list available in this thread that showed what to download for specific countries / airports -> https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=37228.0

It's not been updated since end of january of 2023 so some data might be slightly inacurate but for most airlines it should be fairly ok. I might even update the list with the latest data if people are interested (that would require me to download the latest FP which is maybe something not really recommended atm with some downloads being unavailable (see other thread about ukrainian/russian AI site).

Oh well probably not much help because it's not exactly what you were looking for and it's a bit older 🙈, but i mention it just in case you want to have a look 🍻

Posted (edited)

@tup61

I started with a full set (took a while waiting for some servers to become available)  and then reduced it to what I considered useful for Europe & Asia

Deleted nearly all the US Corporate, Military and Government flightplans (they are predominatly US based)

The Full set has 1631 flightplans - reduced set has 870 flightplans

If you really want to get down and dirty  - there is a very useful tool 'AI Companion' available on the AIG forums

You can dig through the errors list and remove airlines that have no paints and or models (Clue - no one seems to have modelled russian aircraft)

Finally I keep a compressed backup so I never have to do a full download again.

Edited by TonyD

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

1 hour ago, Bad_T said:

Oh well probably not much help because it's not exactly what you were looking for and it's a bit older 🙈, but i mention it just in case you want to have a look 🍻

Wow, that's bloody brilliant! 🙂 Thanks for that! The lists per country are longer than I expected so you just saved me a ton of work! It still will be quite a task to delete the flightsplan I do NOT need (in fact... perhaps it's easier to start over again and select everything I DO need and install it once more) but yeah, this is great!

34 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Deleted nearly all the US Corporate, Military and Government flightplans (they are predominatly US based)

Any idea how I can easily find (and DESTROY) those...?

35 minutes ago, TonyD said:

The Full set has 1631 flightplans - reduced set has 870 flightplans

Sounds good! And that's including Asia! So I might save even more space. Not that it's about the space for me: I am doing this mainy for the loading times. The less flightplans in my Community folder, the quicker MSFS will load.

And yes, I will certainly create a compressed backup when I am done. Tested a small part yesterday already and it shrunk to almost 10% so... that's cool! I don't really care for updates etc.: I just want a complete set for Europe and don't mind using it for years to come.