Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Update on Fulcrum

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Huh! He said I could have it. 😒

‘Chinny reckon’, to use an old UK term.😄

batman-chin-rub.gif

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

18 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

‘Chinny reckon’, to use an old UK term.😄

Must be very, very old. I've never heard that one. Must be a Northern thing. 😉

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Must be very, very old. I've never heard that one. Must be a Northern thing. 😉

Very old if the history is correct. I've only ever heard it on old kids' shows and comedies. I'm more from the 'really believe' generation (whilst stroking an imaginary goatee).😁

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

6 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Very old if the history is correct. I've only ever heard it on old kids' shows and comedies. I'm more from the 'really believe' generation (whilst stroking an imaginary goatee).😁

Back in the olden days at school, "Chinny chin chin" used to be a common retort to liars and exaggeraters

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Hi Chris,

thank you for your very honest words. Sometimes fate strikes hard and then all bad things happen at once. It really needs courage and most people in your situation would give up. Great to see you did not.
I am really rooting for you, not just because you are creating wonderful flightsimhardware, but you are a very nice and honest guy. You just wanted to share your passion for flightsimming with us and what happend was not your intention. I belive in you and in Fulcrum and wish you all the best for the future. Good things sometimes needs patience and time. 😉

I am so happy with my Fulcrum Yoke, was one of the best invenstments i made in over 30 years of flightsimming.
I loved your throttle since you announced it with kickstarter. Was a nobrainer to order it. 🙂

Looking forward,
kind regards

Chris (from Austria) 😄

• Upvote 4

Great to hear you are coming back, Chris. Thanks for the honesty and enthusiasm.Your product (especially the throttle) is mostly needed for the market. Good luck with everything!

How's it all shaping up Chris? However it's going, stay loose. 😉

I spoke to Chris on 9th May and he’s taking delivery of all the necessary components. The last ones to arrive are coming from China but Chris is going to resolder all the joints as their skills are not great.

The reason he doesn’t often post is because of his job with many hours spent on the road. Good progress is being made. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wasn't giving him a 'hurry up', just a 'hang in there'. Resoldering joint!? Blimey!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I spoke to Chris on 9th May and he’s taking delivery of all the necessary components. The last ones to arrive are coming from China but Chris is going to resolder all the joints as their skills are not great.

The reason he doesn’t often post is because of his job with many hours spent on the road. Good progress is being made. 👍

Ray, Thanks for the update, much appreciated and helpful. One of my less than a year old Saitek TQs is already starting to have some problems, so I'm really looking forward to the Fulcrum TQ!

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I wasn't giving him a 'hurry up', just a 'hang in there'. Resoldering joint!? Blimey!

Apparently the quality of the soldering from China is dreadful. It shows his devotion to producing a top quality unit. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for the continued support guys.
The re-soldering is on the sensor boards. They are a mass produced part and in general they ok, but in early batches we found failures due to poor soldering. Since then I reflow all the sensor connectors and individually test them all. It saves time in the long run and ensures they won’t fail once in use. They are the same sensors used in the yoke so are proven.

Chris

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

Thanks for the continued support guys.
The re-soldering is on the sensor boards. They are a mass produced part and in general they ok, but in early batches we found failures due to poor soldering. Since then I reflow all the sensor connectors and individually test them all. It saves time in the long run and ensures they won’t fail once in use. They are the same sensors used in the yoke so are proven.

Chris

Chris -- thanks for your devotion to producing a high quality product!

Al