Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

PA-38 Tomahawk (MSFS) | Product Overview | Just Flight

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I only know those exists as I had a look over the manual yesterday :)

As JetCat mentioned earlier I definitely like the sophisticated modelling of things like the Garmin radios, looking forward to getting a chance to fly this when I finish work

Now just need to persuade JF to add the open source KLN90 as a GPS option :)

I think this is just the cockpit wear and tear which I actually like the look of and not the glass but I'll report back.  

Edit - Nope, it's the glass as well as the interior. I'd like clean glass with a worn interior so I'll try and work out which files are which. Or I could just live with circles, albeit 8K circles. 

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

10 minutes ago, mac44 said:

might get it - do you know if it will come to the market place today or just their website?

They have said it should be on the Marketplace today. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

10 minutes ago, mac44 said:

might get it - do you know if it will come to the market place today or just their website?

Due to the MS / Asobo screening process and update cycle, the marketplace is normally a few weeks behind unfortunately.  They are looking to speed it up.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Duplicate deleted.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

They have said it should be on the Marketplace today. 

Really?  That will be a first then.  Maybe they are doing it the other way around and releasing on Just Flight when they know it will be going on the marketplace.

I prefer JF anyway.  We get the loyalty points for the same price!  :biggrin:

From the official blurb - We anticipate being clear for a release by around 11am (UK time) tomorrow morning and then the Marketplace release should follow much later in the day.

• Like 1

How does it spin? 😜

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

How does it spin? 😜

From the horses mouth (Product Page)

-B

The Tomahawk has a real-world reputation for being very susceptible to entering spins. We have included this behaviour in this simulation of the Tomahawk,

To enter a spin, reach a safe altitude and reduce the throttle to idle. Pitch the nose up to bleed off airspeed until the stall warning horn sounds. Just before the stall occurs, apply full left rudder to enter the spin. Once established in the spin, release pressure on all controls and the aircraft will remain in a spin until pilot input is applied. 

To exit a spin, apply a rudder input opposite to the direction of the spin and push the nose down. Reduce the throttle to idle and once the aicraft exits the spin, pull the nose up gently to return to straight and level flight. Trty not to exceed the aircraft’s VNE (never exceed speed) or G-limits when pulling out of the dive. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, btacon said:

To exit a spin, apply a rudder input opposite to the direction of the spin and push the nose down. Reduce the throttle to idle and once the aicraft exits the spin, pull the nose up gently to return to straight and level flight. Trty not to exceed the aircraft’s VNE (never exceed speed) or G-limits when pulling out of the dive

Excellent! I inadvertently entered several spins in the 146 on the last flight, when trying to do a custom start in mid-air. Could not recover, scary as word not allowed!

Ive got everything set to realistic in terms of damage, so overstressing the airframe will end the flight…

I think it was mentioned in the latest JF video that the ceiling altitude is 13,000ft? So… Innsbruck to Milan? 😁

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

2 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

I think this is just the cockpit wear and tear which I actually like the look of and not the glass but I'll report back.  

Edit - Nope, it's the glass as well as the interior. I'd like clean glass with a worn interior so I'll try and work out which files are which. Or I could just live with circles, albeit 8K circles. 

Where is the option for a clean or used panel and/or glass ?

It appears the plane "blows up" if you open the storm window in flight.

I thought we'd got past that idiocy in anything not made by Carenado 😞

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I wonder if Ryan will get this ...............................

https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000140435-paintkit

I hope so! His liveries are top notch 👌🏻

4 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

It appears the plane "blows up" if you open the storm window in flight.

I thought we'd got past that idiocy in anything not made by Carenado 😞

I think this has more to do with how MSFS handles “overstressing” the aircraft.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think this has more to do with how MSFS handles “overstressing” the aircraft.

yes, but 3rd party devs have been fixing it since at least the P.149

7 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Where is the option for a clean or used panel and/or glass ?

In the Documents folder there is another folder - 'Cockpit' 

Also see P7 of the Operations Manual