Sign in to follow this  
FSXCYYZEGLL

P3D NT.dll crash

Jon,

That Execujet plan has no available aircraft hence why all entries in AIFP3 are shown in red. In that case you can’t substitute another aircraft. I’d open AIG AI Manager and delete that plan. Make sure you include associated texture files.

This type of problem is quite common with Corporate Plans.

Having deleted it start Ai Companion and run another check. It should have disappeared. One down, several to go. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If, like me, you like 'clean' data in your AIG setup open Ai Companion and select Stats. Choose the Global stats tab.

Over on the right is a pie chart showing the ratio of Domestic and International flights. If you have an 'Unknown' percentage that suggests there are flights to airports unknown to Ai Companion. You can see how many airlines are affected by scrolling down the Airports section - bottom left of that screen. The higher up you have an "unknown" entry the greater the number of missing airports.

koala has provided a feature to add these airports. But first you need to identify those missing airports.

Select Flight Finder and without making any selections press Search. After a short delay all flights will be listed. In the column From Country move your cursor to the right of the wording. A drop-down arrow will appear. Click it and a dialogue box appears. Select "Blanks" and hit Close. All flights with no country listed will be shown. These are the ones that are missing the airport. To add it ...

Select Options - Custom Airports DB tab. Select Add New Airport. A dialogue box appears. Type the ICAO and hit Search. Hopefully the fields will be entered. If so, choose OK. That airport is now added to the database and those flights shown as having an unknown country will disappear.

If no airport is found you can add it manually using info on Wikipedia in an internet search. It's probably a newly opened airport.

Your target is to get Domestic and International flights only and no Unknowns.

Alternatively you can replace your user_database.txt in C:\Program Data\AI_Companion\data folder with the one I provided on the AIG forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray a question.

The BGL files we want to modify are NOT the ones in OCI-Configuration right?

Cause I seem to have messed up my folder locations so gotta start from scratch :(.

Jon.

20 minutes ago, FSXCYYZEGLL said:

Ray a question.

The BGL files we want to modify are NOT the ones in OCI-Configuration right?

Cause I seem to have messed up my folder locations so gotta start from scratch :(.

Jon.

Jon,

Unless you’ve made changes since posting the images on the previous page everything should still be okay.

Start Ai Companion and if it finds flights everything would appear to be okay.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray.

The one issue that was occurring was I used the OCI configuration for the BGL report. But when removing flightplans from AIG manager it made no difference to the BGL report. As it effects the files outside OCI configuration apparently. But I changed that around so now it's based on the files outside OCI config.

Jon.

Sorry Jon, I’m not following you. There is a fixed structure to the AIG installation which must not be tampered with. There’s a readme in the parent folder advising as much.

All your installed aircraft, flight plans and textures are in that structure.

13 minutes ago, FSXCYYZEGLL said:

But when removing flightplans from AIG manager it made no difference to the BGL report.

Are you saying the Execujet plan you deleted in AIG AI Manager is still showing in AI Companion - BGL Report as an error?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Does Ai companion have to be running every time you fly, so that it can gather the info?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Ian, not for data cleansing. But if you want to know what other aircraft are in your 80nm bubble then yes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray.

I rechecked the readme and yes for some reason I had messed up the file locations that Ai companion was reading. Now it seems to be working fine so all's good.

Are you saying the Execujet plan you deleted in AIG AI Manager is still showing in AI Companion - BGL Report as an error?

It was till I changed the location that AI Companion was reading.

Jon.

26 minutes ago, FSXCYYZEGLL said:

It was till I changed the location that AI Companion was reading.

AIC needs the location of the BGL files and the Simobjects folder where the aircraft are stored.

If you enter those and AIC accepts them all is well.

I have no errors in AIC BGL Report. I also get no errors or CTDs in P3D. It’s not a coincidence.

How are you getting on resolving the errors? Roughly how many are there?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

AIC needs the location of the BGL files and the Simobjects folder where the aircraft are stored.

If you enter those and AIC accepts them all is well.

I have no errors in AIC BGL Report. I also get no errors or CTDs in P3D. It’s not a coincidence.

How are you getting on resolving the errors? Roughly how many are there?

Yeah somehow the locations got messed up badly. A screenshot may help.

In my files I've got 2 sets of files with simobjects and traffic files. There's the general in AIG itself, and then an OCI-Configuration that has a second set. My OCI was deleting files in the AIG folder but NOT in the OCI-Config, inversely the simulator seems to use OCI-Companion as the folder for the addon. And my AI Companion was using the OCI-Companion file as a the source. So for the moment what I've done is put AI companion to use the simobjects and traffic files in the AIG folder for the moment. And will try and figure it out from there.

iPmTgdb.png

dHnAHnP.png

As the to the number of errors. I haven't counted but it looks to be around at least 100-200 errors. Most of them don't even fly to heathrow, but ofc just flying around London and then the sim trying to render it may be a cause of a crash as well I assume?

Jon.

Edited by FSXCYYZEGLL

Jon, it looks like you’ve installed AIG inside your P3D structure. Is that correct?

If so, I would urge you to start again and install to a location such as C\AIG. It’s best that way. If you have a second drive then D:\AIG is also fine.

I can also see it’s installed to your OneDrive folder. Again, that’s not ideal as it’s hosted on the cloud rather than your physical computer.

If you start AI Manager there’s an option to uninstall AIG on the main screen near the bottom. Given the number of errors AIC has detected starting afresh is your best option.

Install AIG as recommended above and install just a handful of airlines. British Airways plus a few other major airlines. Then check with AI Companion. Major airlines are likely to be clean, smaller airlines less so.

Once you’ve added a few test P3D and see if the CTDs have stopped. Then it’s just a case of adding a few plans at a time and checking their integrity. Mass imports might sound attractive but it doesn’t guarantee clean data.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Jon, it looks like you’ve installed AIG inside your P3D structure. Is that correct?

If so, I would urge you to start again and install to a location such as C\AIG. It’s best that way. If you have a second drive then D:\AIG is also fine.

I can also see it’s installed to your OneDrive folder. Again, that’s not ideal as it’s hosted on the cloud rather than your physical computer.

If you start AI Manager there’s an option to uninstall AIG on the main screen near the bottom. Given the number of errors AIC has detected starting afresh is your best option.

Install AIG as recommended above and install just a handful of airlines. British Airways plus a few other major airlines. Then check with AI Companion. Major airlines are likely to be clean, smaller airlines less so.

Once you’ve added a few test P3D and see if the CTDs have stopped. Then it’s just a case of adding a few plans at a time and checking their integrity. Mass imports might sound attractive but it doesn’t guarantee clean data.

It's not inside my P3D structure. And my onedrive has been disconnected, but desktop is by default in Onedrive unfortunately :(. 

However I do agree that uninstalling is the best course of action. There's a lot of issues and it'd honestly be faster. Plus I really don't care much for business jets.

Jon.

• Like 1

Reinstall complete. Got rid of the missing paint/model errors. First successful takeoff from Heathrow without crashing in two weeks. YAY!

Will do some further testing but looking good thus far. And now all the traffic AI have working nav and beacon lights (they didn't before).

Jon.

Jon, excellent. Remember each time you add flight plans from AIG run BGL Report in Ai Companion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather