Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

MSFS VoxATC status

Posted (edited)

I've been asked what the status of VoxATC is in another thread concerning a different ATC product.  @Tva

Now, I'm not going to flame a thread with information about Vox there, because that's not fair, but.. I will tell you here 🙂

Vox is in closed beta, and pretty advanced.

It injects its own AI a/c and controls them just like it does you.

It can inject and control both IFR and VFR traffic.

A search here will show a few older videos about it yes, showing some functionality, but to be honest, they don't show all its capabilities.

VoxATC preview. (Voice controlled ATC) - Page 2 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

VoxATC in beta - Performance demonstration - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

VoxATC VFR demo featuring the new FSR500 - Page 2 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Why is that? Well, we want it to be the best it can be.  But mostly because we leave the hype and publicity to others, and I'm going through a messy divorce so don't really have time to do amazing videos and all the editing required.  We'll showcase it fully when we're ready though.

Why is it taking so long?  There's a reason for that, it's bl**dy hard to provide a full Simulated ATC Environment [SATCE].  Ask Microsoft and Asobo, they haven't really updated anything since FSX, nearly 20 years ago.  We aren't prepared to throw something out there that doesn't meet our standards

-----------------------------

A few month ago, we expanded the beta team.  Here's some of the quotes from them...

"I've flown a 2 hour IFR flight tonight in the FBW A32nx,  ATC was excellent!!,  SID and STAR assigned properly according to weather and handovers along the way were brilliant."

"The flights I did were incredibly immersive. One of those things I didn't know I was missing until I tried it."

"I'm having so much fun with this,  it's awesome.  I'm currently flying various VFR Flights and getting great service and good results."

There is a discord server - https://discord.gg/p9Gmzpuv   We're happy to entertain questions or requests there as well as here 🙂

Here's a flightplan I've been recently testing

flightplan.png

Invitation to the beta group for whoever gives me the best and closest answer to explain what I might be testing using this?

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 6

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Invitation to the beta group for whoever gives me the best and closest answer to explain what I might be testing using this?

You are testing airspace transitions would be too easy I assume?

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I've been asked what the status of VoxATC is in another thread concerning a different ATC product.  @Tva

Now, I'm not going to flame a thread with information about Vox there, because that's not fair, but.. I will tell you here 🙂

Vox is in closed beta, and pretty advanced.

It injects its own AI a/c and controls them just like it does you.

It can inject and control both IFR and VFR traffic.

A search here will show a few older videos about it yes, showing some functionality, but to be honest, they don't show all its capabilities.

VoxATC preview. (Voice controlled ATC) - Page 2 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

VoxATC in beta - Performance demonstration - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

VoxATC VFR demo featuring the new FSR500 - Page 2 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Why is that? Well, we want it to be the best it can be.  But mostly because we leave the hype and publicity to others, and I'm going through a messy divorce so don't really have time to do amazing videos and all the editing required.  We'll showcase it fully when we're ready though.

Why is it taking so long?  There's a reason for that, it's bl**dy hard to provide a full Simulated ATC Environment [SATCE].  Ask Microsoft and Asobo, they haven't really updated anything since FSX, nearly 20 years ago.  We aren't prepared to throw something out there that doesn't meet our standards

A few month ago, we expanded the beta team.  Here's some of the quotes from them...

"I've flown a 2 hour IFR flight tonight in the FBW A32nx,  ATC was excellent!!,  SID and STAR assigned properly according to weather and handovers along the way were brilliant."

"The flights I did were incredibly immersive. One of those things I didn't know I was missing until I tried it."

"I'm having so much fun with this,  it's awesome.  I'm currently flying various VFR Flights and getting great service and good results."

There is a discord server - https://discord.gg/p9Gmzpuv   We're happy to entertain questions or requests there as well as here 🙂

Here's a flightplan I've been recently testing

flightplan.png

Presumably not an IFR route, so VFR flying transiting through various airspaces to test Basic and Traffic services combined with IFR traffic being injected and controlled at various airports/airspaces?

• Like 1

Significant clues in the image guys, none of what you've said could be wrong, but it isn't strictly speaking what I was looking at...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

10 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Significant clues in the image guys, none of what you've said could be wrong, but it isn't strictly speaking what I was looking at...

Vectoring around other traffic while on a VFR flight? Failed nav system and relying on ATC to guide you? Advisory of deviation if you stray from the planned path?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Aaah is it user/ATC defined locations? Those don't seem to be intersections....

G

Edited by Gazzareth
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Flightplan based on visual reference points

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Flightplan based on visual reference points

Identify the visual reference pointS please? 🙂

xaP1VAU.png

It is a flight through a military exercise area, portland exercise area

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rob0203 said:

It is a flight through a military exercise area, portland exercise area

Great idea! Yes it is, although I ignored the warning areas for the purposes of this flight.

xaP1VAU.png

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Identify the visual reference pointS please? 🙂

• Sandbanks spit, Poole
  • Anvil Point Lighthouse, Swanage
  • Cerne Giant, Cerne Abbas*

*Not a VRP on my, admittedly out-of-date, 1:500,000 paper aeronautical chart. (Neither are the remaining flight points on your flightplan).

spacer.png

Edited by F737MAX
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

44 minutes ago, F737MAX said:
  • Sandbanks spit, Poole
  • Anvil Point Lighthouse, Swanage
  • Cerne Giant, Cerne Abbas*

*Not a VRP on my, admittedly out-of-date, 1:500,000 paper aeronautical chart. (Neither are the remaining flight points on your flightplan).

spacer.png

Sandbanks certainly is, but Swanage and Cerne Abbas aren't VRPs

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin just a question of curiosity here. Under your name it says VoxATC user, in your signature it says VoxATC beta tester, but I often feel as you are speaking around here as if you are the actual primary dev of this project but it's not clear. Could you clarify your role in relation to VoxATC? Seems devs around here usually have a yellow highlight on their posts but you sure seem to know a lot about it and seem to act as an official spokesperson so just wondering. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

Kevin just a question of curiosity here. Under your name it says VoxATC user, in your signature it says VoxATC beta tester, but I often feel as you are speaking around here as if you are the actual primary dev of this project but it's not clear. Could you clarify your role in relation to VoxATC? Seems devs around here usually have a yellow highlight on their posts but you sure seem to know a lot about it and seem to act as an official spokesperson so just wondering. 

Sure, I am not the developer, I am a user and beta tester.  I set up the discord server and as a pilot I have not come across any atc app that comes as close to replicating a full ATC environment as Vox, hence my enthusiasm for it.  I merely reflect the developers info here, I dont have any financial or other interest, I'm just passionate about being able to have really full featured ATC in MSFS 😄

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Sure, I am not the developer, I am a user and beta tester.  I set up the discord server and as a pilot I have not come across any atc app that comes as close to replicating a full ATC environment as Vox, hence my enthusiasm for it.  I merely reflect the developers info here, I dont have any financial or other interest, I'm just passionate about being able to have really full featured ATC in MSFS 😄

Ah ok good to know, thanks. No hate or anything, it's good to have someone knowledgeable around here about various options and appreciate your willingness to share with us.

• Like 1