Sign in to follow this  
Bell417

Positive thread & TIPS for Dx10/SP2 - PART 2-

I got rid of them by setting my BufferPools to 110MB and locking my FPS at 15. I have also discovered a problem with my menu bar and the ATC box, sometimes when I open either of them, the texts are very unclear with same-colored, wide bars running vertically through the text. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help!

Hi David,I think I read somewhere through your posts or somewhere about the light bloom on DX10 Afct.Some DX10 Acft have what looks likea white blurr coming off them. is this a driver issue? or what.I am using Driver Nvidia 8800GTX Version 169.06Thanks Phil

Hi Phil,Yes I have reported this issue in PMDG forum because it's very visible with 747-400 liveries that have white predominant colours.I don't think it's a driver issue but the way ACES decided to render bloom effect to free up some ressources in SP2.I don't like this new effect, more fps friendly though.Here are 2 screens showing the differenceDX9 (I like those "flashes")http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7259/93229998ic3.jpgDX10 (white blurr on left engines and tail and no more "flashes")http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3553/10hr8.jpgHere we see this white halo with DX10:http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6094/2007...53531372ck6.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Rick Baldwin

David,Thanks very much for your post.Can you discuss how you arrived at the recommended settings in nhancer? There seem so many and I haven't the foggiest idea of what they mean.Also -- FYI Nvidia now has driver version 160.21 and it is WHQL certified. Highly recommended.-Rick

Hi, There is now Version 169.25 WHQL avaliable via Nvidia web site.160.21 I got the other day with Vista Update.On the matter of Vista, anyone here instal the SP1 RC ( I assume that means Release Candicate) as it is not a Beta, as it's past the Beta phase.I was game enough and something interesting has happened.Vista has changed how it allocates my ram, my Windows Experience System details is now showing 4gb of ram and hence my rating is now 5.1, before SP1 it only show 2.75ram avaliable. MS must of changed something. Interesting!Happy HolidaysPhil

Guest firehawk44

"Vista has changed how it allocates my ram, my Windows Experience System details is now showing 4gb of ram and hence my rating is now 5.1, before SP1 it only show 2.75ram avaliable. MS must of changed something. Interesting!"Good catch Phil! I downloaded and installed RC1 a week or two ago and I never noticed that. My performance rating remained at 5.8 though. I did notice a couple of constant application event errors stopped occurring such as "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot XX, function 0." Slowly but surely things are getting better!Best regards,Jim

Yes there is a real improvement on how Vista deals with memory with the SP1.Not official realease though but IMO much stable then RTM :--)SP1 RC download link:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest KaaCee

Hi David, Could you repost your "settings"? It seems the snapshots have expired. Thanks, and good post.Ken

One of the best FSX performance post I

Alexis Mefano

Best regards,
David Roch

You're welcome Alexis :--)I use O&O V.10 and perform a Complete/Access defrag weekly.Diskeeper 2008 is also a serious tool.They both have demo version

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest Darrener

Great info, I have one question though.I do not see the "Preview DirectX10" option on the options page???.I have downloaded sp1 & 2 (not using acceleration).Anybody know why I can't see it??.Steve EGCC

You need Vista and a DX10 capable video card in order to use the DX10 Preview.Regards,Jim Karn

I am using XP so no DX10. Only thing to add is that you probably don't need to check AA in FSX when using nHancer. Also, I have found that unless you turn off VSync you get a "wobbly" screen when panning the view.The only problem I seem to have is with some shimmering textures, particularly on the water with light. Not sure if this is an intentional water effect (2x Low). Any ideas ?8800GT card. E6850 OC'd to 4Ghz with water cooling.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000