Sign in to follow this  
Bell417

Positive thread & TIPS for Dx10/SP2 - PART 2-

Moving back to the top - This should be a sticky...Chris Porter:-outta

>Many thanks for this post David.>>Happy Holidays>>Regards>>Ed Ward, Jr.You are welcome Ed :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Mark,Could you post a screen of this shimmering effect on water?With such a good machine, why don't you use highest settings for water?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

3) DirectX Go to SETUP folder (in FSX main folder), then sub-folder DX and activate DXSETUP.exe, which will seek and install the latest update for DirectX Brilliant post David, thanks. I am however having trouble finding the above .exe file. Is it on the DVD or on the FSX installation on my machine. If so, I can't find it on either.Cheers and thanks again,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

David,I have taken a few screenshots but you really cannot see it in a still frame. It does not matter which water setting I have it at to make this happen. I think it is caused by mipmaps. As for why I have the water turned down, I am not really a big fan of the water effects in DX9 so I have chosen a setting that looks best to me.Mark

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Chris,It should be under your main FSX directory as per below.C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSetupDXC: being HD you installed FSX to.CheersPhilMelb Australia

Has anyone else heard this?I sent an email to Wilco re their Airbus Vol 2 series about an update as the aircrafts textures don't show liveries, like many don't due to Direct X 10 preview issue.They have sent an email back to me overnight stating that"Microsoft has informed us that they are working on a patch to fix the texture problem due to the Acceleration Pack / FSX SP2 installation.More information will soon follow on our site."Anyone else heard this?Phil

>Hi Chris,>>It should be under your main FSX directory as per below.>>C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator>XSetupDX>>C: being HD you installed FSX to.>>Cheers>Phil>Melb AustraliaThanks Phil, much appreciated.Now I am concerned... I have neither the "Setup" folder nor can I see the "Preview DX10" checkbox in the Options/Graphics configuration screen. I have just done a complete re-install as per David Roch's instructions at the top of this thread.I am reasonably comfortable that my PC specs (see below) are within the requirements. Any ideas?With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32

Actually no, I haven't heard and quite frankly I would be surprised given the clear statements made by Phil Taylor recently.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Hi Chris,Well your Computer specs are fine. Direct X 10 comes with Vista if I recall right, not FSX.Try this.In the run box of Vista, e.g Start, runtype dxdiag and click runThat will tell you if Direct X 10 is installed.If not I suggest you do a Windows Update.Other than this, I can't see why it is not showing the preview option.CheersPhil

that is news to me, which should tell you something.I'd like to hear who at MS told them that.

It's a coup! That'll teach you to go on vacation :-lol Regards,Jim Karn

Yes that is the impression I got from Phil Taylor's Blog pages a few weeks ago, that any other devlopment of the FS series will be towards the next version. No more time will be spent by Aces of FSX after SP2.Maybe they have changed their minds.It would be great if they have, as I have quite a few payware programs that I cannot use with Direct X 10 preview and although people say turn it off, when one does that you loose frame rates, mine drop by 40 to 50 %So I don't see why I should suffer because devlopers could not get their act together and fix their prodcuts people have paid for and I even happy to pay a small upgrade fee, but a lot of them seem to be stubborn, I know of one devloper who Beta Tested SP2 acceleration on a XP systems, so he had no way of checking how it worked under Vista / Direct X 10 environment, which I thought was pretty slack.Well not all devopers are like this, at least My Traffic has and still are working on updating their textures to show correct with Direct X 10 preview.Phil

Thanks again Phil,I did as you suggested above and in the "System" window, it indicated that the DirectX version was DirectX10, so that seems OK.Mmmmm, I wonder why the DX10 Preview does not appear???Cheers and thanks again,Chris Porter:-outtaedit: spelling