Sign in to follow this  
Bell417

Positive thread & TIPS for Dx10/SP2 - PART 2-

>I dont feel this is a driver issue, as I have tried 4 Drivers>from Nvidia since SP2 accelation came out and none made any>difference and I have read AT DXT 10 card users report same>issue.Well, you will have read differently unless you stop reading now...I have an ATI Radeon 2400 Pro (one of the early DX10 budget releases) and have zero, zilch, nada, no problems with flickering runway/taxiway lines, bloom or other artifacts... :-kewl

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Phil,That's very interesting.Maybe that could help you:I have installed SP1 RC for more than two weeks now and I haven't notice any of the issues you are relating.I can say that the OS is much more stable and fast and seems to deal better with superfetch and swap.- Are you using 32 or 64 bits? (I use 64)- Which antivirus do you have? (AVG 7.5 registered)- Have you tried cleaning/repairing the system files with a program like TuneUp Utility 2007? (I use it quite often and I am very satisfied with the results)Best regards and Happy New Year :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Now that is the first I heard of that. Interesting.What about the progressive taxi arrows line ?If it's mainly or soley Nvidia, then what are they doing, I think they have released 4 if not 5 drivers since SP2 Accerlation came out and I personally cannot see much difference between them.They have just released a new Video Card I belieave, Called GTX Ultra or something. What is the point if drivers are no good.And how do they get to be WQL certified drivers by MS if they don't work with Drect X 10 fully, makes one wonder.ciaoPhil M

This question was asked in another thread so wanted to bring the answer here....> What aircraft do you have that are fully FSX compliant?---------------------------------------------------------------Let's define terminology for a moment.In the case of Eaglesoft....A. So called "True FSX Models" means FSX/SP1/SP2/DX10 Preview compliant.B. So called "Hybrid FSX Models" means FSX/SP1/SP2 compliant and white texture display under DX10 Preview.To repeat...the entire Eaglesoft FSX fleet is fully FSX compliant and fully SP1 and SP2 Compliant. Of the fleet of eight, four fall under category B above and four fall under Category A above.The four under category B are scheduled for rebuilds in 2008 and will then meet the DX10 Preview test.Meanwhile, the entire Eaglesoft fleet is being flown by satified users under FSX/SP1/SP2/DX9.0 We have completed updating our website FSX Catalogs, FSX Product Pages, and FSX Support forums with this same information so users may be aware of where we are currently.:-)Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi DavidI'm running Vista Ultuimate 32bit Build 6001Nortons 360No I have not tried any program like Tune up, back in early XP days Nortons used to have a prgram called System works, which would scan your susytem for errors including Registry errors etc.I gather Tune Up is kind of like that.I'll look into it.As one thing I am getting and I have tried 3 drivers from Nvidia from 163.75, 169.06 and the latest 169.25Is sometimes the whole screen goes black except for the message from Vista asking you confirm the operation.Also with FSX full screen mode, yesterday twice when I went out of full screen mode to do something on the web, when I tried to go back to full screen mode, it was strange, it was like half my screen was FSX.This has to be a driver issue I guess.CheersPhil Happy New Year

Here is an example of driver issues and FSX DX10 or whateverCheck out how part of screen is black, that is FSX, yes it's running, I still hear sound and ATC etc, it happened as I turned onto final. This is gettiing so annoyingI know it's a driver issue, as I got a little pop up message from task bar corner near time clock saying driver nvdrrr etc stopped working. OH Great! I tried to cpature message, but it does not stay showing long enough. I'll check my error reports and see if I can find what error message info it says.Come on Nvidia, talk to Aces and give us a driver that ruddy well works!

>Check out how part of screen is black, that is FSX, yes it's>running, I still hear sound and ATC etc, it happened as I>turned onto final. This is gettiing so annoyingI get the same at least once every two days.Forward details to Microsoft who keep replying it's a video problem !!Please update your driver !!!Used every driver they have issued, certified and beta !!!!Using Daves list for setup no tweaks in cfg.Tonight landed after a 2 hour flight, as I'm taxi into the apron FSXWindowed blue edge around my main screens completely black insideBut my touch screen was still working with FS Commander, so able to taxi in and shut down before the FSX crashed out completely...........Get that brassed off, go to Nvidia forum and find huge amount of people with same problems so feel much better..Trevg:-vuur

Trevor Golding

Hi Phil and Trevg,It's a fact now that 90% of the SP2 issues are coming from bad %!?%!! drivers and Nvidia doesn't seem to really care about FSX.You are probably aware of the problem with FRAPS/Dx10 that is now ok with the latest version.I had the same problems you are describing when using the old version.Anyway I hope you'll find a solution very soon and will at last enjoy FSX :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yeah I have found many posts at Nvidia forums about same issue or similar in other games. From what I can tell they are DX10 games.The issue then cannot I guess be DX10, but Nvidia drivers.I have contacted Nvidia, but don't hold much hope of an answer, as they have probably been contacted many, many times about same issues.What is FRAPS/DX10? Can't say I have heard of that issue.What driver version are you running David?ThanksPhil M

Hi Phil,The previous FRAPS version was causing issues with DX10 preview (CTDs, screen freeze etc...). The latest version of this powerfull tool fixes these issues:http://www.fraps.com/I use 169.25 which is far from being perfect but the best for now IMO for 8800xxx cards.

Best regards,
David Roch

One thing about nHancer: you day it's better to change the default settings and not make a new profile for FSX. But er... if I set the default settings like you do, there still is an FSX profile with completely different settings... and THAT one will be used when I start up FSX, right...? Or wrong...?

I have noticed that when changing the default settings it overrides FSX profile.But if it's not the case, just check the "Profile can be activated manually" box and you should be fine.

Best regards,
David Roch

Hi Guys, and happy new year!A special thanks to David for some super info in this thread. Plus the others who've added to it.I'm just looking a spot of clarification re the the clean FSX install...I've seen what appears to be conflicting advice about whether a defrag should or shouldn't be run between adding applications or addons?Can anything be gained by running O&O space defrag BETWEEN installing various applications?Many thanks

Hi PhilThanks for your kind words and Happy New Year to you too :--).Very frankly I don't believe that someone could claim that running O&O between various applications could be useful because there is no tool to measure the exact impact of defragmentation.Something is obvious IMHO:It never harms!But I would recommand defragmenting only after installing applications that change a big quantity of data like GEX, photosceneries like Megascenery, Service Packs, etc..From what I have read here and there, the most important thing is to defragment once a week regularely.Hope it helps.

Best regards,
David Roch