Sign in to follow this  
pbearsailor

Cockpit gauge that allows you to browse internet while flying

Guest pookie

Hi ... I'm looking for an add-on that I thought I noticed a while ago (zears ago?) that was supposed to be part of the kneeboard which allowed the pilot to browse the web while in flight. Anyone know where I can find this add-on ... AND ... make it work for FSX?

I think the gauge you are looking for was a free gauge made by HiFi simulation. I do not know if it works with fsx. Try it and see! keith:-beerchug

>Hi ... I'm looking for an add-on that I thought I noticed a>while ago (zears ago?) that was supposed to be part of the>kneeboard which allowed the pilot to browse the web while in>flight. Anyone know where I can find this add-on ... AND ...>make it work for FSX?I just purchased an "In Cabin Browser" that will work in both FS9 and FSX from simMarket.com. At 6.99 Euros ($10.33) it isn't a huge investment... ;)"InCabin Browser: Surf the Internet, read the html help on how to use the GPS while you are actually using it, watch the latest YouTube Flight Sim video, or read pdf files or other useful file formats to pass the time on that 2 hour flight. All from within the comfort of your FSX or FS9 airplane cabin!"http://www.gapalp.com/products.html

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hm, it is nice, however it's meant to be used in windowed mode, which spoils the whole idea, really... You can use it in fullscreen mode, but at the cost of fps. And who wants to lose a single fps after tweaking for a few months? I certainly don't. Besides that: I expected or hoped for a 3D laptop in the VC with internet on it: not such a simple floating window that looks even worse than the kneeboard. Pity, the idea was nice.

I really like InCabin Browser. Cool to do some browsing on a long flight and it's also great for viewing PDF approach charts or manuals. Easy to hide, too, and that's nice for me in the approach environment.cheers,steve :)