Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Jerky head movement with Track IR

Hi Stu,Did you solve this problem?A friend of mine "upgraded" from SP1 to SP2 and he now has the same problem. Before SP2 everything was fine. I guess maybe it is caused by SP2, did you try uninstalling it?
My TrackIR 4 works fine with SP2 so it is not SP2 per se, it may well be a more general installation issue. Some users have had other problems with SP2 and reverted to SP1 but I have never read of anyone reverting for TrackIR reasons. I have had a few issues with TrackIR but I now run it at "above normal" priority and set its affinity to CPU0 (I have FSX running in CPU1) although I don't really know if the CPU affinity setting helps that much it more like a belt and braces approach. I have had a rare occurence of TrackIR failing in mid flight which means ending and rstarting the TrackIR process but it has always been smooth whilst working.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

My TrackIR 4 works fine with SP2 so it is not SP2 per se, it may well be a more general installation issue. Some users have had other problems with SP2 and reverted to SP1 but I have never read of anyone reverting for TrackIR reasons. I have had a few issues with TrackIR but I now run it at "above normal" priority and set its affinity to CPU0 (I have FSX running in CPU1) although I don't really know if the CPU affinity setting helps that much it more like a belt and braces approach. I have had a rare occurence of TrackIR failing in mid flight which means ending and rstarting the TrackIR process but it has always been smooth whilst working.
Thanks guys.I did find that by adjusting the "Light Filtering" slider that I get much more smoother and reliable operation. I assume that some of this relates to the ambient lighting, my FSX PC is co-located in a home office where ambient lighting always exists either in the form of room lighting or natural light from windows.Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Stuart,Did you ever get this issue resolved? I just installed TrackIR Pro and am having the same issue. Thanks for any help, the thread just seemed to stop so I'm not sure if you got it resplved or not.Thanks, Bruce.
Bruce,I never did get it resolved 100%, but I found by setting smoothing to no higher than 30 and disabling light filtering, it is better. I always try the new drivers as they come out in the hope it is fixed, but no joy so far. It's not that bad that I can't live with it though.Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.