Sign in to follow this  
Guest _ak

The airbusses for FSX - nothing but hot air?

Guest abulaafia

Over a year ago there were three companies announcing small airbus a/c for FSX, including PMDG IIRC - now there is nothing but silence (which may be a good sign but I doubt it). No news though on http://www.airsimmer.com/ and the only convincing statement on the http://www.airlinerxp.com/ forums is "The airbus you are waiting for!" :) It was planned for 2Q 2007, now there is even talk of 2009 at the earliest (the year the next FS version is due. Isn't this all a bit of a joke? Meanwhile, fraudulent companies like Wilco, with no customer support, are selling their rubbish like hotcackes, giving add-ons a bad name. One hopes PMDG will come through at least, but they have a MD-11 and a 737 scheduled before the busses.What a disappointment! (end of frustration vent, back to flying my 767)

I don't know about Airsimmer, but I do know that the guys behind AirlinerXP (Dreamfleet, RealityXP and 'Vauchez') had some business and personal issues to deal with.SP2, getting exisiting aircraft updated etc, etc.As much as I have sympathy for them I think at this point they would be better closing the forum for a while rather than reporting nothing. Apparently they are not going to announce any further features or show any previews beecause last time they did the idea was stolen by a competitor.The lack of progress (or reports of it at least) has been disappointing to say the least.I'm sure it will raise the bar when it does fianlly make it to release. It's just when..................Glenn

>As much as I have sympathy for them I think at this point they>would be better closing the forum for a while rather than>reporting nothing. Apparently they are not going to announce>any further features or show any previews beecause last time>they did the idea was stolen by a competitor.What idea was that, Glenn?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Meanwhile, fraudulent companies like WilcoWhatever is your opinion/frustration about Wilco's products, please don't use this kind of assertion.Thanks

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>>Wilco, with no customer support>>untrue! support forum for all feelThere designed aircraft ->>http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27>Support forums for the 777, CRJ, Airbusses, etc. are all locked with a message to contact Wilco.As it is (and I've experienced it myself) Wilco will tell you to go to Feelthere for support because Feelthere made the products, and Feelthere will tell you to go to Wilco because the contract for Feelthere to supply support ran out and wasn't renewed.So neither will provide support, each blaming the other for the lack of it.

>blaming the other for the lack of it.if you have a challenge in how to use the feelThere designed aircraft you will get assistance in the link i posted.if an issue is found to be a bug on the 777, CRJ, CX or Abus it is to be reported using the support form so the required information is collected for the programmers to research the fault. this also means the programmers will only chase a fault as reported by a licensed owner of the product.This is neither 'no' or 'lack of' support.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I did exactly that, filled out the support form at Wilco's website, and got a reply to go to the Feelthere forums to get technical support.There I find a locked forum with a message to contact Wilco for technical support.Sounds like both companies sending you back and forth without actually providing support to me...

>One you will never learn about, Bill! ;)I honestly don't care one way or another, but such a blatant assertion reminds me of the recent NY Times article where only innuendo was made about a Pesidential candidate's past conduct, leaving any interpretation up to the uninformed reader......it's only hurtful and in no way helpful.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have great admiration for the work done by AirSimmer and AirlinerXP, and I do know the labor involved, the fact that these are hobby-type endeavors, and so forth......but I must say, I am mindful of the reality of a forums role in marketing (rightly or wrongly), but I would not even open a discussion forum until the product was just about out the door. But that's just my personal philosophy I suppose. :) Too much danger in opening it early, In my opin.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest DreamFleet

>>One you will never learn about, Bill! ;)>>I honestly don't care one way or another, but such a blatant>assertion reminds me of the recent NY Times article where only>innuendo was made about a Pesidential candidate's past>conduct, leaving any interpretation up to the uninformed>reader...>>...it's only hurtful and in no way helpful.I always love it when you make me :-lol :-lol:-lol:-lol, Bill!Your comment about the recent NY Times article is so irrelevant to this, but it was a nice try. Perhaps they should hire you as a writer. ;)Better yet, perhaps I should get you to refine what we are doing?Care to work with DF?I didn't think so.Ah... this business is so much fun!Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg