Sign in to follow this  
BoeingGuy

going back to FS9

hi alli have decided to go back to FS9, dont get my wrong, FSX is great and has alot of potential however i am getting fantastic performance with all sliders maxed in FS9 compared to FSX,on a scale of 1 to 10,10 being best, i would say performance wise i am getting 5/10 for FSX and 9/10 for FS9also there are so many addons out there for FS9 which as this product is a well established product,the only good / better things in FSX is the camera views, (which can be replicated using FSRecorder) the groundtextures are top notch compared to FS9.However using a quality airplane like PMDG 747 the peformance is alot better in FS9 than FSX,certainly FSX has alot of potential but i think its till 2 years ahead of its time for afforable computing to use and run smoothly.no more waiting over 3 minutes for FS to load with FS9 i only wait 5 secs!:(

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hi,I still fly both although I spend 70% of my time in FSX. The FSX VC gauge performance is far superior. I can't fly Flight One's Pilatus, or Capt Sims C130 from the VC in FS9. The gauges "step" up and down in all the FS9 planes with the exception of Real Air's. In any case have fun!!Bob..

yes Bob, i think its all a matter of personal taste, however i am a non fussy pilot and i only fly one plane for months, currently on the 747PMDG and i am more interested in IFR long haul, high altitude so i dont think will miss the cars on the roads too much!

Thanks for letting us know.

>Thanks for letting us know.:-lol:-lol:-lol

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest tmilton

Nice FS9 screenshot there. :(

Hey Clayton-Enjoy whatever sim turns you on-that is what is is about.As for "quality planes"-I don't even know or care what a PMDG is"- cause not my interest at all....I've got so many quality planes that are in my realm of flying I am often tempted to sell my Baron and just sim....and that is what it is all about!Good luck to you!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

bye, don't let the door hit you!iow, why should we care?

Guest DALTech_Ops

"bye, don't let the door hit you!"Wow, thats really nice talk. Could anyone, perhaps Mr. Allensworth, whom I know reads these boards, advise the rest of us why punks like Jwenting are continuesly permitted to post such trash? Trash that never lends anything positive to the threads. Just do a search for this clown and read some of the harassing garbage he routinely posts on this site. And by the way, just what is a "Flight 1 Certified Professional"???LOL, speaking of feeling important..............

lol yeah i knowand the thing is i never talked down FSX, i think its great flightsim i do enjoy it, but for me its another 2 years away, its my personal opinion,anyways hoping i wouldnt cop it expressing my opinion, but it has happened, sad.:(

Guest DALTech_Ops

>>and the thing is i never talked down FSX, i think its great flightsim i do enjoy it, but for me its another 2 years away, its my personal opinion<

>bye, don't let the door hit you!>>iow, why should we care? >Why do you have to be such a troll? Such comments don

>And by the way, just what is a "Flight 1 Certified>Professional"???Doesen't being CERTIFIED mean that you are insane? ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png