Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

LOL, another ATC bug!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok, you're flying a VFR flight plan and the airport is in IFR conditions... what should ATC be doing?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well assuming (since he said "this guy") that its an AI plane, the AI should flip the plane to IFR mode (since it autolands anyway) and let it land. Or the AI could divert it to another airport. A little testing and a few lines of code would have fixed yet another small bug that would have made FSX seem more like a quality product rather than yet another game that was rushed out the door to make the Christmas sales list.Since I'm speaking ill of FSX and that's not allowed here I'll add my disclamer that I actually like FSX and enjoy it more than any other version. I just wish it would have been tested better and continued to be patched rather than abandoned.Don

Guest SkullxBones

>I just wish it would have been tested>better and continued to be patched rather than abandoned.>>DonThis does not meet the business plan required to remain the richest man in the world.

I've seen this happen a couple of times. You are correct of course. ATC makes the appropriate response. The bug is that the AI airplane requesting permission to land keeps calling and keeps getting the same "refused" message endlessly. Regards,Thrakete

>>I just wish it would have been tested>>better and continued to be patched rather than abandoned.>>>>Don>>This does not meet the business plan required to remain the>richest man in the world.LOL!

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest JIMJAM

A few years ago runninning a earier version of mytraffic, there were controllers repeating over and over for a 172 to climb to 60000ft.I couldnt help to laugh.Now with FSX, I have controllers giving me landing clearance 100 miles out of some airports. Especially Atlanta.If you really want to confuse the ATC,try flying helicopters.

Second richest now i believe, but I forget who took first place. It was just a few weeks ago on one of the stock market tracking channels.Poor guy!Thrakete

Hi Don,"Well assuming (since he said "this guy") that its an AI plane, the AI should flip the plane to IFR mode (since it autolands anyway) and let it land."That's exactly how AI aircraft behave in FSX (and FS9); if weather conditions deteriorate all AI VFR flightplans will automatically be switched to IFR. I know because it's an annoying issue with AI choppers who happen to then fly IFR approach legs at 30kts ;-) Thus, I don't think the OP is talking about AI.I suppose what should happen is for ATC to divert the (AI) flightplan to an available VFR destination, if available. Hopefully, FSXI will provide more options and realism in that regard.Cheers, Holger

Yep, that is what's happening....He just kept asking to land lolzzzzzz!!ZZZZzzz !!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>Ok, you're flying a VFR flight plan and the airport is in IFR>conditions... what should ATC be doing?informing the nearest FSDO hehe!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Sounds reasonable-I guess I never wondered much about how ATC controls the AI aircraft.Something like this is amusing (or irritating depending upon my mood), and I have run into a lot of other ATC "issues" but actually I am constantly amazed that they came up with a system that accomplishes what this one does in a $70.00 game.Regards,Thrakete