Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Flight1's Mustang is coming!

>As for myself if an addon costs more than a full fledged PC game,>I aint buying it. So..I guess, You wouldn't be buying this either!Thats so nice to know. Really! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I would say Reality Xp are professional and the Flight Ontario team is quite experienced....The making of the cockpit /instruments was quite easy as I made them from photographs.It was however, extremely tedious and time consuming. I don't think inexperience played much of a role at all. Also not my first project-did one for fs2000, xplane. It was the largest in scope though.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I just came home from a trip to the market and noticed that a bunch of cherries that I coud have eaten in one sitting (I Luv cherries) were $11.00!!!I've been enjoying my F1 Cessna Conquest for over 3 years. Where is the value?ThanksJim Allen

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

"If the trend starts becoming where payware aircraft start costing an average of over $50 a pop then I'm srry to that sadly my aircraft payware days will be over, and ultimately my FS days as well, as I only like to fly payware aircraft."ChrisFrom time to time folks feel the need to express their personal financial choke points with regard to costs associated with their Flight Simulation hobby. This happens whether the question is hardware or commercial addon pricepoints.We often wonder if people realize how those posts leave the impression that they are "cheapskates" or "lowballers":-)While we all love a "bargain" and low pricepoints, it's not healthy to this hobby for folks to post their own personal chokepoints as if their income level is the only standard we all must utilize.The reality is that this hobby consists of users from all income spectrums and that is a primary factor in the expansion and growth of the hobby. Price increases continue to be a "fact of life" in every hobby one can name and yet commercial FS developers are expected to deliver to the lower income spectrum at whatever they "think" a product is worth.At some point, low end users are going to have to "step up to the plate" if they wish to have the best FS experience ever.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>"If the trend starts becoming where payware aircraft start>costing an average of over $50 a pop then I'm srry to that>sadly my aircraft payware days will be over, and ultimately my>FS days as well, as I only like to fly payware aircraft.">Chris>>From time to time folks feel the need to express their>personal financial choke points with regard to costs>associated with their Flight Simulation hobby. >This happens whether the question is hardware or commercial>addon pricepoints.>>We often wonder if people realize how those posts leave the>impression that they are "cheapskates" or "lowballers":-)>>While we all love a "bargain" and low pricepoints, it's not>healthy to this hobby for folks to post their own personal>chokepoints as if their income level is the only standard we>all must utilize.>>The reality is that this hobby consists of users from all>income spectrums and that is a primary factor in the expansion>and growth of the hobby. >>Price increases continue to be a "fact of life" in every hobby>one can name and yet commercial FS developers are expected to>deliver to the lower income spectrum at whatever they "think">a product is worth.>>At some point, low end users are going to have to "step up to>the plate" if they wish to have the best FS experience>ever.:-)>>>>>>>The average cost of a PC game has been around $50 for as long as I have been PC gaming..4+ years. During the same period pc hardware has goteen cheaper in terms of what you get for your money. It seems that the fact of life price increases you speak of is exclusive to this hobby!WE sometimes wonder if developers are just being greedy. Take whatever impression you want.. Its not about wether or not I can afford to shell out $50 for an addon, but rather what is reasonable. BTW I've run accross a few homeless people on the streets who have implied that I am a cheapskate, just as you have right after I just handed em a buck!I gotta say that for someone hard at work making aircraft addons for FSX you sure do post here alot. Chris

>>As for myself if an addon costs more than a full fledged PC>game,>>I aint buying it. >>So..I guess, You wouldn't be buying this either!>>Thats so nice to know. Really! Thanks for keeping us in the>loop!>>:)Your welcome, congrats on putting 2&2 together! Which door would you like 1,2 or 3?

>WE sometimes wonder if developers are just being greedy.Please speak for YOUR-self only.You constantly keep referring to "games" - when you talk about games then $50 seems like a typical price. Those games sell in millions of copies. Please be informed that there is a lot of software out there that sell for a lot more than $50, these are not "games". If you take for example ELITE simulation software and take their basic Cessna 172 then prices are close to $500, add to this a couple grand for decent yoke/rudders they normally require, the actual PC is extra. If you have this "game" mentality no wonder a $90 aircraft add-on makes no sense. Don't buy it, not only a huge waste of $$ for you there is a good chance you could get no utility out of it because of its complexities.I would not only argue that the MSFS developers are not greedy but that the prices they charge are very low for what they (often) offer. Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest PPSFA

I don't know who 'WE' is, but I buy quality, no matter what the price. If it works, I spend money, if it doesn't, it goes in the trash bin, simple economics :-)Jay (PPS@HQ)Community Managerhttps://fighterace.ketsujin.comCOMM SEL/MEL INST

Commercial developers have long held prices to the bone in order to accomodate low end users but the fact of the matter is that low end users do not make up the majority of flight sim enthusiast.If it were not for medium to high end users commercial developers would have to fold their tents. In essence the medium and high end users are carrying the dead weight of those who are too tight to pay a fair price for quality and complexity.Again, there is no healthy industry that relies on low end users only. As this cottage industry grows and becomes more healthy we expect to hear much less from those moaning about their personal finacial situations.An example: I started snow skiing and golfing on a "budget". As my skill level and enjoyment factor increased it was a natural transition to upgrade equipment and attend better resorts. After all it was my hobby:-)At no time did I ever expect to see the equipment manufactures/vendors or resort owners cut their prices to suit my "budget"The same is true when it comes to real world aviation. Others here who own or rent real aircraft are taken aback at the "poor me" attitude displayed by many flight sim enthusiasts.I can say that my own path to the PPL and my monthly flying club membership/fuel costs have not been a picnic. At no time did I ever expect to see the flight club/line guy, or CF1 cut their prices to suit my "budget":-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'd gladly buy a faithful rendition of my plane for the cost of a 1 hour flight-or 4x what is quoted as reasonable above....after all think of all the $$ I could save practicing on the sim with near complete realism for many hours vs. that 1 hour :-lolhttp://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>As for myself if an addon costs more than a full fledged PC>game, >I aint buying it. PC games takes years to develop and>production costs are higher. 3rd party payware aircraft takes>months. I'm all for supporting 3pd's however I'm not rich>enough to be charitable either.>I don't buy from developers with "months" of experience. I buy from developers with many years of experience and talent.In reality, some of these "add on" people have more experience with flight simulation design and programming than the PC game designers themselves. We pay for the experience and fidelity of the product. It's called getting as realistic as possible, and it's severe hard work and research! Since it's already been explained that addons don't sell in the millions.............the cost per unit will be higher. L.Adamson

Exactly Geof. I'm not trying to offend those who have lower incomes. We've held prices as low as possible as have other vendors. The reason is that we want everyone to be able to participate as much as possible.:-)It just seems that some low end users have a habit of posting their own chokepoints as if that were the only standard for other users and 3PDs.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I gotta say that for someone hard at work making aircraft>addons for FSX you sure do post here alot. That's what dedicated, hard working empolyees are for... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Commercial developers have long held prices to the bone in>order to accomodate low end users but the fact of the matter>is that low end users do not make up the majority of flight>sim enthusiast.>>If it were not for medium to high end users commercial>developers would have to fold their tents. In essence the>medium and high end users are carrying the dead weight of>those who are too tight to pay a fair price for quality and>complexity.>>Again, there is no healthy industry that relies on low end>users only. As this cottage industry grows and becomes more>healthy we expect to hear much less from those moaning about>their personal finacial situations.>>An example: I started snow skiing and golfing on a "budget".>As my skill level and enjoyment factor increased it was a>natural transition to upgrade equipment and attend better>resorts. After all it was my hobby:-)>At no time did I ever expect to see the equipment>manufactures/vendors or resort owners cut their prices to suit>my "budget">>The same is true when it comes to real world aviation. Others>here who own or rent real aircraft are taken aback at the>"poor me" attitude displayed by many flight sim enthusiasts.>I can say that my own path to the PPL and my monthly flying>club membership/fuel costs have not been a picnic. >At no time did I ever expect to see the flight club/line guy,>or CF1 cut their prices to suit my "budget":-)> A list of all my low end addons as you have so eliquently put it:Flight1 PC-12Flight1 Cessna172Flight1/coolsky Super 80LDS 767FSD Piper SaratogaWilco Citation XWilco A400MA columbia 400 made by some companyAussim Glassair IIIGEXASXFEXUTXCloud9 US landclassScenery tech US landclassFS genesis MeshMegascenery HawaiiMegascenery SoCalMegascenery Las VegasSaitek Yoke & Rudder Pedals"Moaning about their personal financial situations"Again you insult me and my budget, and presume to know what my budget is. The fact is you dont! You have quite the nack for taking other peoples words and distorting them to suit your needs. You also have a nack for spewing out alot over cyberspace,and resorting to these elequent insults when one doesnt agree with your views! (much practice I presume) The truth is I could buy the PMDG747 anytime I want to or any other addon in that price range. I just simply refuse to, and to pay such a price for a single add-on is simply rediculous, in my view, no matter what your budget!My copy of FSX: $50. I feel guilty, and would have gladly paid more considering the price of some addons. Perhaps Microsoft should start charging 3pd's for making addons for their product? Then we will see who's moaning about their financial situations!Chris

> I just simply refuse to, and>to pay such a price for a single add-on is simply rediculous,>in my view, no matter what your budget!>In other words, if a King School Garmin 1000 simulation runs at about $249.00; and an FS "single add-on" included a Garmin 1000 that could easily be used for training purposes.............it would still be simply rediculous?Actually, it would be a fantastic deal. Just as with real aircraft, sometimes the instruments cost more than the plane.L.Adamson