Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Phil Taylor has had enough! No Blogging or Posting

OK, who or what exactly PO'd Phil T. enough to the point where he's turned-off most of the comms channels due to bashing? I just received an e-mail copy of his latest blog whereby he indicates he's had enough!"Phil Taylor has made a new post: Last Post, here and on most if not all forum boards.for some time, I am tired of myself and the product being trashed regularly in the community.for all the children who have to repeat their complaints over and over again to feel good, as compared to adults who voice their complaint once and move on - enjoy the silence and kick on some other dog for a while.posted at: http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2008...um-boards.aspx"Too bad this comms channel is going to be nothing but static now! :-fume

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

There is something wrong! His blog is still posting his last blog as the "Holy FPS Batman" and the above link comes back empty. Could someone have hacked his blog? It doesn't look like it's from him! (I hope)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That link doesn't work for me and I can't find anything like it on Phil Taylor's blog.

Hey Tom,Yea, now I see that the link doesn't work either! But, the mail-list server copy that I recevied looked like all the other blog notices I received and I checked the internal header info and there was nothing suspicious.I wonder if he changed his mind after kicking-back with a cold-one or something. Let's hope...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Well based on his blog posts and the one here, I don't see anything that should have sparked that kind of reaction, so if he did post this, it must have came out of posts from another forum. (Unless he deleted the offending post(s) in his blog!)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You gotta wonder if MS actually gained anything with their 'open door' policy that came with FSX.Did it translate into increased revenue and sales?Frankly, replying to endless emails and forum threads can easily eat up gobs and gobs of time (trust me on this :-) ), and this is time that could easily be better spent developing. I'm surprised Phil is able to find the time to have such an open door.-Bryan

Guest Teddie

I don't blame him. I've seen a few personal attacks on him from angry simmers (not on this forum). Even in blogs where he is being as helpful as possible.If the link doesn't work anymore, perhaps he was venting and cooled down and removed it.I've worked a bit in the computer gaming field -- criticism is criticism, but sometimes end users who are not completely pleased can really be hurtful.

Well hopefully he's changed his mind (if that is what happened.) I just got his latest blog e-mail a few minutes ago. At the bottom of this blog though, I now see "Anonymous Comments are disabled." Was that enabled before yesterday? Maybe the "cold-one" worked last night...EDIT (moments later): I just signed into MSDN to see any comments appended to this new blog and now I read, "New Comments to this post are disabled." So he does appear to have changed his ways to some degree..."Phil Taylor has made a new post: FSX Tip-Flight UI: User cannot interact with panels/views after loading saved flight in fullscreen (Vista, DX10, multi-mon, dual monitor).When loading a flight (saved in windowed mode with open panels/views) in fullscreen mode, the opened panels appear but the user cannot interact with them. Even closing and re-opening them does not enable them. Going in and out of windowed mode does not fix the problem either. The user will need to go into windowed mode, re-load the flight, and then go back into fullscreen mode to break out of this.posted at: http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2008...l-monitor.aspx"

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I don't think so. Now you can't read any comments on any of his posts, not even after signing into MSDN (at least the few other posts I checked anyway). Same text, "Comments disabled."

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Nick_N

I think we all give the guy some slack... There has been a lot of negative posting going on when all he wants to do is share information. A lot of "beating a dead horse" stuffIf he would prefer his blog be left to announcements/sharing and without opinionated slag comments, in other words a professional environment, I can understand that. He is a professional and although he may not be able to maintain order outside of his environment, he sure as heck has the right to do it within his own. People forget all to easy that he was not around for the primary design of the product and instead of understanding and realizing what he has managed to accomplish with what he walked into, they slag what ever they can in every opportunity they can, and that

Oh I agree, Nick! I'm still greatful for his blogs. There have certainly been many of FS versions without any public comms at all. Not disappointed or surprised about closing comments on his blogs. I was mearly still trying to figure out if the "I'm done" e-mail was accurate or not and the change in his blog settings leads me to beleive he has changed his mind to some degree.I do hope he still drops by here every once in a while.The door is always open Phil! Come'on in, sit a spell!

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>I don't think so. Now you can't read any comments on any of>his posts, not even after signing into MSDN (at least the few>other posts I checked anyway). Same text, "Comments>disabled."Hasn't it been like that for a while now? I'm sure I've seen the "Comments disabled" message before on his blog.

Guest SkullxBones

If there really is a change in policy regarding open exchanges, there is always the possibility that someone higher up the food chain at MS could have quashed it, not Phil.