Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Phil Taylor has had enough! No Blogging or Posting

Hey Ron!I mean both! It was a simple forum tussle, God knows we all have had them. It is what it is and then time to move on. Methinks that in this case this is the straw that broke the Camel's back, but it didn't have to be that way.Regards!Mike T.

>>Paxx did his 'Batman Out' AFTER he was called a 3.5 year>old>>girl and how is that insulting or disrespectful to Phil>>As I see it Mike, the 3.5 yo reference was AFTER the "Batman>out" statement (page 3 - posts 21 and 22. I'd link to it but I>don't think that's really necessary).>>In this statement, what would you say is the ratio of 'give>and take'? I can pretty much guess that the answer is>heavily leant towards Phil 'taking' the insults before>giving any.Actually, there's a world of difference between calling someone a "3.5 year old girl" and calling their behavior that of a "3.5 year old girl."The first would be classified as an ad hominem; the latter is simply naming observed behavior.Quite honestly at this juncture the best thing that could happen would be to simply drop the matter entirely and allow some time to pass...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bernard:So, then in your opinion "Batman Out" was an insult to Phil that somehow warranted Paxx being called a girl?Maybe I'm naive and somewhere "Batman Out" is a horrific insult and I stand corrected. However, I do know that in the mainstream, being called a girl and not actually being on is kinda insulting across the board.I want Phil to continue interacting with the community also and hate to see him go, but not at any expense. No one is above anyone else (Tom A not included :-lol) therefore if you see them both as insulting then they are both wrong. Either way, that doesn't warrant Phil coming to THIS forum and making further insulting remarks...or can you justify that too because of what some people, who are now banned, did six months ago???Let's agree to disagree.Regards,Mike T.

Phil,I COULDN'T LOVE FSX ANY MORE THAN I DO. Thank you for all that you've done. I, for one, and I'm sure I speak for the MAJORITY, appreciate everything that you and your team have done. I can't wait to fly every day, and more on weekends. Thanks again. Don't give up because of a minority of users who probably always complain.

"I mean both! It was a simple forum tussle, God knows we all have had them. It is what it is and then time to move on."Precisely Mike:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I've been away for a while, and I should probably keep my mouth shut, but I feel like I have something to say here.Phil,Thank you for the interaction you have brought to the community. I don't need to tell you that, being at the lead of anything, no matter how good it is, you are going to run into idiots. The best way to continue to allow idiots to have an effect is to interact with them. The best way to get depressed is to listen to the words of idiots and people who, when they have nothing useful left to say, resort to personal attacks to quell their own anxiety and feelings of failure in themselves.Please, continue to blog, and continue to respond when you feel like it to people's questions. But you are under no obligation to respond to idiots, nor do you need to defend yourself or the product you work on against them. And there is no reason to repeat yourself. If people want to know something, there's always the search function.On a personal note, I'm happy with FSX, and I look forward to the future. Hopefully I'll find some time in the near future to return to the community. I must admit, however, when stopping in for the first time in quite a while and reading something like this right off, I wonder if I should bother.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>So, then in your opinion "Batman Out" was an insult to Phil>that somehow warranted Paxx being called a girl?>>Maybe I'm naive and somewhere "Batman Out" is a horrific>insult and I stand corrected.Hehe, maybe it is! ;)In all honesty Mike I see the deliberate provocation as the poignant issue here. I don't believe that Phil's post was particulaly insulting as he was using it in the context of 'your repeating yourself and sound like my daughter'. Let's be clear, he didn't call Paxx a 'girl' but for the sake of argument I agree that it could be seen as insulting to some.>I want Phil to continue interacting with the community also>and hate to see him go, but not at any expense. No one is>above anyone else (Tom A not included :-lol) therefore if you>see them both as insulting then they are both wrong. >>Either way, that doesn't warrant Phil coming to THIS forum and>making further insulting remarks...or can you justify that too>because of what some people, who are now banned, did six>months ago???>>Let's agree to disagree.>>Regards,>>Mike T. An insult is an insult, a provocation is a provocation. We are agreed that these are not the way civilised discourse should proceed.The point is that people see Phil as the public face of Flight Simulator, and when they need to vent - for whatever reason, they go after him. They forget he is not a machine and has feelings and gets stressed like the rest of us; the difference is whereas most of our flight sim time is spent 'out of hours', to get away from the daily grind, Phil's life in inextricably linked to it. He knows FSX is power hungry, he knows the vista screenies where a mistake, he knows you can never please everyone, yet he is constantly 'reminded' to put it politely of all this and more.:-beerchug

Bernard

Phil, please don't give up because of a few bad apples. These people are pot stirrers, they enjoy creating turmoil. When I check the AVSIM forums I always scan the threads for any posts or replies by PhilTaylor and read those first. That's because I place the greatest value on your posts above all others. We have experienced a renaissance of openness from Microsoft ACES over the last couple of years. Please stay active on the forums so that the community does not suffer another MSFS information "dark age".

Matthew S

this is inaccurate.here is the exact quote where it starts:"Paxx, we get that you are negative and dont see the entire value proposition here. Do you have to keep repeating it? Isnt once enough, or do you have to act like my 3.5 year old? I would hope that isnt the case here."no where was I personally insulting Paxx, I was calling his action of repeating his claim over and over ( regardless of the additional technical details I brought into the discussion not an outright dismissal as you claim. ) similar to how my 3.5 year old acts.no where did I mention gender, my 3.5 year old is a son.no where did I call Paxx himself a 3.5 year old.I called out his repeating his arguement ad nauseam as acting like a 3.5 year old.so I fail to see how that response was a personal insult. Is this not a mischaracterizing of what happened?.I have no problem with some one responding once on my thread with their point. I thought it was not too much to ask to not start repeating your argument to hijack the thread with negativity. Evidently I am wrong.

misquote:your quote "I quote, "3.5 year old daughter""is just plain wrong, as I pointed out in my other response.

your contention that at any time the in the discussion with Paxx that "he was called a 3.5 year old girl" is just plain wrong.the full quote makes it clear it is his action of repeating his claims that I am calling out.

nowhere did gender enter into it, and I clearly called out his actions of repeating his claim as "childish" and not the poster himself.

Guest zzmikezz

Phil,Please don't hang it up. You have a very big fan club, you could try just ignoring the flamers and snipers, as I was asked to do by FlightSim.com management.All serious users of FS, not just FSX, need to hear what you have to say on a wide variety of issues. You are the true source of authoritative technical information for most of us, we hate to see you go and we hope you'll reconsider.Those things said, it's really hard not to be passionate in defense of something you care deeply about. For the rest of us it's a hobby, but for you FS (and simulation in general) is, for at least the time being, now your life's work, just as the exec is Dave Cutler's life work.Please do reconsider.

What a shame that some of you have ran Phil off the web. You all should be proud of yourselves. One of the head guys for ACES and this is what you all do...amazing. Sorry to see you go Phil. Hope you come back to let us know how FS11 progresses.

Eric 

while I appreciate the support in this post and others, the "run off" part is not quite correct.I am not run off, I am just limiting my involvement to where I do not have to contend with the negativity. I will post on my blog, with no comments. And occasionally I will post elsewhere. But it will be a different approach. Information transmittal, yes. Dialog, no. I see no value from dialog. If you care to listen, fine. If you don't, fine. Don't expect back-forth like you have been getting. I am responding in this thread simply because what transpired on flightsim.com has been mis-represented, which is typical and a big part of why I am changing my approach.