Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmilton

Phil Taylor Must Stay

After reading about Phil's decision to limit his communication with the community I am for one dissapointed in his decision to do so. To show him that we want him to keep open talks lets show him our support by replying to this thread with a hear hear! Maybe then he will see that more people appreciate him than he thinks. Phil, one thing that I like about FSX is that we are (were) able to get info straight from the big guy and I want to keep that line of comunication open. Please dont let a few idiots spoil that for the majority of the FSX community. So I'll start it off.Hear Hear! :-beerchug

Jim Wenham

Guest United

I will join in the effot, BUT.........I've never ever understood the anger and vitriol that, what amounts to is a simple computer game/simulation, MSFS has caused over the months and years. It's called "Get A Life PEOPLE". Leave poor Phil alone. Be glad that he is out there at all to help us enjoy our hobby, but that is ALL it is! A hobby, not your family or your health or god knows what else! Geezuz! Randy Jura, KPDX:-(

Hear Hear. Anybody who has been in Phil's position understands EXACTLY where he is coming from.

Guest firehawk44

Hear Hear!Jim

Well said. Let's hope he will reconsider.Regards,Jim Karn

Why are we so focused on what Phil will ("must") do?Seems like maybe we ought to focus on why he is giving up. In various places he has invested a lot of time & effort into becoming involved in the community only to be attacked for various reasons that frankly are no fault of his. So often people realize too late what they have done...good luck with the damage control!

This thread is not about damage control its about showing support and showing that there are more people who actually appreciate his work than not. If your in post a reply of support if not dont post on this thread.

Jim Wenham

I support Phil Taylors participation. I only hope he realizes it's difficult to control all individuals and what they say in public forums. He should simply ignore what irks him. and talk to folks who does not disrespect him or ACES.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Ok, let me clarify...I fully support Phil. I'm sorry things have come to this. My post was (and is) meant to try and get people to think about why we are in a thread like this to begin with so that in the future we don't have to have discussions like this.As to the OP's intents...Hear Hear!

Guest NoobPilot

Hear, hear!

Guest zzmikezz

Phil,Please see my post #57 in the other thread here on Avsim, and please see my post in the FSX forum on FlightSim.As was noted by the OP of this thread, you have a very large fan club that depends on you for authoritative information. Please don't let the detractors interfere with your generous sharing of time with the rest of us.

Guest thx1137

He is staying. He is just limiting the amount of garbage he has to put up with by a minority that think he owes them never ending support for a computer game. Though that is only part of it I expect. The lack of respect many people show on others on the internet is breathtaking.So now he is in read-only mode. We can still make requests of ACES though just not him personally so for us the only real difference is the 'feel good' aspect of being able to chat with one of the FS gods :-)Steven.