Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mace

I just uninstalled FS9

I spose I'm in the FSX purist group now hahaI realized the visual difference between FS9 and X is night and day. I may reinstall FS9 only so I can play on VATSIM (until SB4 is released) - I wish I could use FSX but that FSInn crashes my game for FSX.Plus I freed up about 20 GB's of HDD space woohoo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HelloIt took me a while tooBut the thing is, by using FSX SP2 native addons only, i am gettin way better performance than i ever did in FS9.FS9 portovers are a big performance killer on my machine, so i will not use them.

If you avoid loading flight plans, or saved games that contain a loaded flight plan, from the main UI, FSInn should be fairly stable.ie, click on Fly Now to load the sim, and THEN create/load your flight plan. (also make sure you are offline). By following those guidelines, I haven't had an FSInn crash in months...

I still have FS9 installed, but don't fly it anymore.The only time I use FS9 is when I need to test a gauge that won't work in FSX, to see what it's supposed to look like. Also I use FS9 to look at old scenery objects--sometimes this helps me make a new object for FSX. (with all the new FSX visual features added, of course)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT