Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Carenado C152 is out!

I just checked earlier and discovered that the purchase link was active for the Cessna 152. I bought it and have just loaded it. No announcements are shown on the site as of yet. Off to Fly!Bill G,KSAT

Guest essoblue

Excellent! Now I'll have to buy FSX to fly it. I will eventually but great news. I love the C152.

Great plane, I bought it as soon as it was released.Has a couple issues, but after emailing back and forth w/Carenado, it looks like, after last evening, everything will be fixed. No real biggies though, and none are any reason not to get it. A patch should follow.Put about 5-6 hours in the 152 over the weekend around British Columbia, and it is rock solid to fly. Really refreshing to get away from the autopilot and 'fly the plane' nicely low and slow, taking in the scenery.

Bob, I agree with al you said. It's awesomely real and clearly the best ever C152.I spent all yesterday afternoon flying it, which is a plus for me. I am normally a 'heavy' driver and although I fly all the aircraft from time to time I just couldn't stop flying this one. It's clearly a 'head and shoulders' above everything else and I thoroughly recommend anyone that's flown this bird in reality to buy it.Anyone that hasn't flown the real thing, this is as real as your going to get, literally! It is a joy to fly in every respect.Only get it if you have got plenty of time eh? ;) It's addictive, you have been warned :)

Dave Taylor gb.png

I have really been enjoying this aircraft! It is quite an honest model, and with my relatively outdated PC it is helpful on the frames. The only minor issue (personal) is that I do not really like glass reflections on any models, and have not yet found a way around this one. Perhaps they are embedded in the mdl. files. This may not be realistic having no reflections, but its what I like. I have the Beech T-34 Mentor and will repurchase it when it becomes truely FSX. Thanks Carenado for a job well done!Bill G, KSAT

The reflections are actually in the texture files. Easy to spot, but you might also lose tinting seeing how these are designed.

Guest davidvoogd

I love reflections myself, but I hate prop animations. It doesn't matter what addon, default or otherwise, I find the flickering dreadfully distracting and nothing like the real thing (I have about 40 hours in C172's, not much but enough to know they don't do that unless you're flying right into the sun at sunrise / sunset) so I just get rid of them all together.Both can just be edited out in the texture files generally. Get DXTbmp (just google it, get it from MW software or something like that, freeware) and edit the alpha to be all black and you are good to go. It would be nice if developers gave the options to us though, but its not that hard to do yourself.

Guest davidvoogd

As for the C152 itself - is there anything that sets it apart from other GA addons (other Carenado's, Aerosoft stuff, Dreamfleet Dakota) that makes it that much better or is it just a really good rendition of a 152?

Just purchased this bird last night. My initial impressions are very good! Very nice (IMHO) sound (not default), awesome model, and convincing flight dynamics. Hopefully, people will repaint this thing like crazy! Did a flight from my home airport (KRIC, Richmond, VA) to KOFP, Hanover County Municipal, and tried some stalls, slow flight, and steep turns in the practice area. It was the most realistic GA flight that I have done in a long while. I have about 150 real-world hours in Piper Cherokees and Archers, and although I've never flown in a 152, it felt just "right."Paul

C152, check.It'd be VERY nice if we could get a C180 or C185 with this kind of quality! Please?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Paul - I too flew around that area as well. I've been hopping back and forth between W96 (New Kent County) and KRIC. My brother and I are going to do an online flight together in separate 152s and fly from New Kent to Accomack tomorrow.The Carenado 152 is definitely the most enjoyable aircraft I've ever flown in FS. I can't wait to get home and fly it some more!-Matt

Matthew Maclauchlan

I'd like to add my voice to the crowd: Great airplane and a vivid reminder of my very first flying lesson out of Buttonville Airport in a battered old C152. :-)Carenado seems to be doing things right, these days !Great addition to my hangar..

Bert

"Carenado seems to be doing things right, these days !"Amen to that! Now, pair this bird up with FTX AU Blue (or Yellow, or Green), and you've got real magic. If I could only convince my wife to let me get the Matrox Triple Head 2 Go and two more monitors...Paul

Quick question.. Have you figured out how to turn off the NDB ID signal when a beacon is tuned on the ADF receiver?

Bert

>Carenado seems to be doing things right, these days !Agreed! Lots of atmosphere. Carendao was always very good at visuals, but now the flight model, the sounds and even the cockpit arrangements (pop-up window assignments, etc., which used to be a little awkward) have caught up. This one's a complete, "you-are-there" experience. Very enjoyable.I also like the fact that they're modeling aircraft I might actually be able to afford IRL. Old and battered is suddenly appealing to me. Can't imagine why...Alan