Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orbx Global Forests not working? Bad in urban areas?

Featured Replies

Hello guys, i just bought Orbx Global Forests because i hoped it would have more realistically sized trees than Simheavens trees, which is way to big in general.

Turns out that for me, in the Copenhagen area, Global Forests has less density than even default X-plane and certainly less than Simheaven. Check out pics below:
Orbx:
Orbx.png


Simheaven:
Simheaven.png

I spent hours trying different settings in scenery_pack.ini, removing Simheaven completely etc. etc.
X-plane is a fresh install. I only have one plane addon apart from scenery addons.
Here is my scenery_pack.ini as of now. I actually want Simheaven to be above Global Forests because it looks better. As i said, i have tried a lot of different settings:
I

1000 Version

SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Airports - EGPR Barra/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Airports - KBTV Burlington/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Airports - KJRB Downtown Manhattan Heliport/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Airports - LSEZ Zermatt Heliport/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Airports - TFFJ St Barthelemy/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Airports - TNCS Juancho E Yrausquin/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Saint Louis/

SCENERY_PACK GLOBAL_AIRPORTS

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Airport Environment HD/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Europe-1-vfr/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Europe-2-regions/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Europe-3-details/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Europe-4-extras/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Europe-5-footprints/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Europe-6-scenery/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Europe-7-forests/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Europe-8-network/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_Vegetation_Library/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global_Forests_v2/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Berlin and Frankfurt/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Budapest/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Los Angeles/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Paris/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Portland/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Rio De Janeiro/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Salzburg/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - San Francisco/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Xroads/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/yAutoOrtho_Overlays/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_ao_eur/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_autoortho/


Does anyone know what could be wrong? Or is Orbx Global Forests simply not as good as they say? I am seriously considering trying to get a refund.

Thanks!
Best regards.

Here is a link to a solution in the x-plane forums that may help. Worked for me.

https://forums.x-plane.org/forums/topic/284716-global-forests-v2-and-simheaven-x-world/

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Thank you @johncott, that may end up being of good help for me too 👌

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

I just thought about yet another detail, before I decide to reinstall Orbx Central and push Global Forests into my Xp12 base install - will it be compatible with Map Enhancement Pro which I recently licensed Pro for yet another year?

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

On 7/15/2026 at 8:35 AM, jcomm said:

I just thought about yet another detail, before I decide to reinstall Orbx Central and push Global Forests into my Xp12 base install - will it be compatible with Map Enhancement Pro which I recently licensed Pro for yet another year?

id also like to know should I be using all three combined

map tool

global trees

sim hevaen

 
 
 
 
 
  913456
2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

id also like to know should I be using all three combined

map tool

global trees

sim hevaen

Haven't had the chance to try it yet :-//

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

id also like to know should I be using all three combined

map tool

global trees

sim hevaen

I use all three with great success.

First, don't use XPME Overlays- since you're using SimHeaven (these are the overlays you're using), you don't need the XPME overlays.

Second, be sure to disable the SimHeaven Forests 7 folder, since you're using Global Forests. (e.g., SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_xxxregion-7-forests/). Be sure that the Global Forests entry is below SimHeaven in the scenery_packs.ini.

@fich777,

THANK YOU! for your concise and very useful explanation! I just pinned it into my XP12 Scenery bookmarks !!!

🙏🙏🙏

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

Also... when installing Global Trees from the ORBX Central do you also install:

Orbx Libraries and SAM (Scenety Animation Manager) ?

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

15 hours ago, flch777 said:

I use all three with great success.

First, don't use XPME Overlays- since you're using SimHeaven (these are the overlays you're using), you don't need the XPME overlays.

Second, be sure to disable the SimHeaven Forests 7 folder, since you're using Global Forests. (e.g., SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_xxxregion-7-forests/). Be sure that the Global Forests entry is below SimHeaven in the scenery_packs.ini.

thanks for this. great help. My global forests was above Sim Heaven so thanks alot.

Can you explain -

15 hours ago, flch777 said:

First, don't use XPME Overlays- since you're using SimHeaven (these are the overlays you're using), you don't need the XPME overlays.

this is what I have set up

Screenshot-2026-07-18-161023.jpg

thanks again really appriecate it

Edited by fluffyflops

 
 
 
 
 
  913456
5 hours ago, jcomm said:

Also... when installing Global Trees from the ORBX Central do you also install:

Orbx Libraries and SAM (Scenety Animation Manager) ?

i have both the orbxs libs for xp11 and xp12 installed and use custom sam

 
 
 
 
 
  913456
1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

i have both the orbxs libs for xp11 and xp12 installed and use custom sam

Untick the “Road/Building Overlays”

25 minutes ago, flch777 said:

Untick the “Road/Building Overlays”

thank you very very very very much.

 
 
 
 
 
  913456
33 minutes ago, flch777 said:

Untick the “Road/Building Overlays”

Where?

In ORBX Central when I open Orx Libraries or Orbx Scenery Animation Manager I see no options to tick / untick ?

I also tried simhwaven europe + MEP + orbx globel trees. Disabled the forest components (area #7) of both Europe and Africa, enabled orbx trees, orbx global and libraries are bellow all simhwaven entries but I get a lot less convincing tree cover than I do at well known rw dense forest areas than when I do the opposite disabling orbx and enabling simhwaven 🥴

Edited by jcomm

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

9 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Where?

In ORBX Central when I open Orx Libraries or Orbx Scenery Animation Manager I see no options to tick / untick ?

he means in the google map tool i showed in my picture

 
 
 
 
 
  913456

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.