August 14Aug 14 Hi folks,KGOO is finally in final testing. I have been working on this one since May, when I started on the other Californian gold country airports. Progress was slow at first until I got the terraforming challenges solved.Not only is this a cool little airport, but it's one of the ones General Chuck Yeager regularly flew out of in the last 40 or so years of his life, as he lived near Grass Valley. Some of you might be familiar with blancolirio, the Youtuber and former AAL B777 pilot. He is also based at KGOO and his videos got me really enthused to do a proper version of the Cal-Fire base.Cal-Fire baseFBO area and Gen. Yeager memorialAlso fixed some of the usual issues, like incorrect taxiway names, incorrect lighting, and added industrial facilities on rwy 7 end, the fly-in community on rwy 25 end, and the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital landmark on rwy 7 approach.P.S. I have my pine trees downsized in FS because they are often too big, but the real KGOO has pretty much a wall of trees along the north runway periphery. In MSFS24 I don't have tree height modified, and the tree wall looks more like the actual KGOO, as it should Edited August 14Aug 14 by Nandengo12
August 14Aug 14 This looks amazing! The dev tools can really test your patience, so this is admirable work. Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 11Link to: VECTOR - Flight Generator
August 14Aug 14 Author 5 hours ago, toby23 said:This looks amazing! The dev tools can really test your patience, so this is admirable work.It gets easier with experience, but yes, still some hair-pulling moments. Worth it, to have charming airports the sim has been missing 😅
August 15Aug 15 Author Very pleased to say that final MSFS24 issues were resolved, and KGOO has been released(KGOO) Nevada County Airport, Grass Valley, CA - Airports for MSFS | Flightsim.to Edited August 15Aug 15 by Nandengo12
August 15Aug 15 Commercial Member Thanks for this! I live in N Calif and love the area around Grass Valley. Robert Abernathy
August 16Aug 16 Author 3 hours ago, Dragn said:Thanks for this! I live in N Calif and love the area around Grass Valley.My pleasure, enjoy!
August 16Aug 16 I just landed here this afternoon from TRK. A very nice airport. I'm a big fan of these plateau type of airports(And then I tookoff for PVF) | My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL | | Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |
August 16Aug 16 Author 29 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:I just landed here this afternoon from TRK. A very nice airport. I'm a big fan of these plateau type of airports(And then I tookoff for PVF)Very nice! I love that it's so close to TRK, TVL, OVE, SAC and the other gold country fields like Vincent's PVF and my O22. So much rich flying in this part of California...BTW do you have AI traffic off? When I was testing in 24 there were usually 12-15 or so AI planes parked on the ramp.
Create an account or sign in to comment