Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should I be concerned witrh these GPU temps?

Featured Replies

Hello, so long story short, last year I noticed that my GPU temps were high after I came back from leaving 2024 running and the computer was off. When I checked the items while running game I noticed I was getting temps as high as 220F. At the time, I was able to resolve the issue somewhat by undervolting the GPU and enabling Radeon Chill, though I think they were still a little high. Anyways it’s been awhile since I last played the game and somehow my GPU settings got reset, and the temps were high again (up to 224F). I have tried setting up the GPU again to what I think are the correct settings and I do think temps are a little better, but I’m not sure if I can trust it to run without gaining temp as the flight progresses without constantly monitoring the temps. I have included a few pics below that show the current GPU temps when flying around KLAX after a few mins, in the PMDG 777, along with the GPU undervolt and fan curve settings.

Edit: I forgot to include in the pc specs.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500

GPU; Radeon RX 6600

16GB DDR4 Ram

2TB SSD

https://imgur.com/a/gL9HLQC

Thanks

Edited by jt233

Jason Thiers

110C / 230F is the maximum temperature limit before that GPU throttles itself. Have you cleaned out any dust accumulated in or on the GPU cooler?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

  • Author
On 8/20/2026 at 2:52 AM, stans said:

110C / 230F is the maximum temperature limit before that GPU throttles itself. Have you cleaned out any dust accumulated in or on the GPU cooler?

Thanks, there is a little dust on the front case fans but nothing on the GPU. Also, someone else suggested that I uaw HW Info to check my temps instead of HW Monitor, and when I did that, along with checking the temps in the GPU software, they were lower. I think the other program was falsely reporting higher temps. Also, I took my PC to a repair shop last year when I had the issue with it shutting off because it happened again later and I couldn't turn on the PC, and they had to replace the motherboard. I thought that maybe the temps were too high and caused damage to the MB, but maybe the issue was unrelated.

Edited by jt233

Jason Thiers

40 minutes ago, jt233 said:

Thanks, there is a little dust on the front case fans but nothing on the GPU. Also, someone else suggested that I uaw HW Info to check my temps instead of HW Monitor, and when I did that, along with checking the temps in the GPU software, they were lower. I think the other program was falsely reporting higher temps. Also, I took my PC to a repair shop last year when I had the issue with it shutting off because it happened again later and I couldn't turn on the PC, and they had to replace the motherboard. I thought that maybe the temps were too high and caused damage to the MB, but maybe the issue was unrelated.

When I had the RX 6600, I used this tutorial with satisfactory results. It helped a lot in my case.

Freshly retired after 41 unforgettable years on the Boeing 747. The flying days may be behind me, but the memories never will be. Now I have the privilege of sharing those experiences—and continuing to learn alongside the next generation of pilots—in the Level D simulator. Aviation has a way of keeping us all pilots, no matter how many hours we've logged.

  • Author
29 minutes ago, LRBS said:

When I had the RX 6600, I used this tutorial with satisfactory results. It helped a lot in my case.

Hello, I have linked a few screenshots to show the issue. As you can see, these are the current temps I get when loaded at KLAX. They are a lot lower than what the other program was showing before. Also, I included a pic to show the resource usage in MSFS. I also get an error in MSFS about high GPU memory exceeding the limits, which I didn't get before, but when I check Task Manager, the GPU only shows 50 percent usage, which seems low for MSFS.

https://imgur.com/a/I1DmYFV

Thanks.

Edited by jt233

Jason Thiers

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.