Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Say Intentions AI from a GA perspective - Warning, long!

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Make sure to report those issues in the Discord.

I'll pass. Didn't enjoy posting my real world feedback and being met with a hot headed CEO lol.

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • vbazillio
    vbazillio

    [Mode Humor=ON] I told you! [Mode Humor=OFF] [Mode Humor=ON] Get ready to press the Report Button on every flight [Mode Humor=OFF]

  • FakeWayne
    FakeWayne

    SI is far ahead of the competitors at this point IMO at least for GA. I use it pretty much every flight and couldn't imagine not using it at this point. Most of the time it's excellent, both VFR and

  • ryanbatc
    ryanbatc

    Ok you have my attention. That being said, I'm so far unimpressed with their discord support. I had asked if I could activate my free week trial that was promised to me at FSExpo. They wrote down my e

  • Author
1 minute ago, ryanbatc said:

I imagine you're flying in mountain areas? I stick to local areas or mostly flat places. Wonder if it's something to do with terrain prediction hehe?

I do favor the US inter-mountain west where I spent most of my adult (and flying) life, but I fly all over the US and Canada these days, including a lot of flights in and out of my new home in Florida which is about as flat as it gets, so it's a mix.

Scott

It gave me a semi-weird old school clearance today. I think for that flight to PWM 2 days ago, ATC actually told me "N12345 turn right heading 055 when able direct Portland" Which is unusual for RNAV equipped aircraft of today. Today I'm flying from ICT to MCI and it told me something similar "N12345 turn left heading 060 direct EMP when able"

The only time I say that in real life as a controller is if I'm working an aircraft with VOR only - I'd say "N12345 fly heading 060, when able direct EMP" Because they may not be in range of the navaid. Those days are extremely rare. I work in rural areas and even in the sticks everyone has GPS or FMS. The number of times I've said that language in the last decade I can easily count on one hand.

99% of the time I say "N12345 cleared direct EMP" or "turn left/right direct EMP"

Maybe I'll revisit my decision and add some feedback. The App already knows your equipment suffix from SimBrief so it should be "easy" to code newer phraseology for VOR vs FMS/GPS etc.

What did impress me today was that I had some storms ahead along my route and I asked for "ten right for building storms" and it gave me a new heading 10 to the right hehe. Like I said, this app is better than BATC but I really would love some touchups for the approach phase - I'd like it to be consistently good during IAP's before I pay 20 a month ( I think its slightly cheaper if you pay annually). They got me on this crazy wide vector for the ILS 19L - I've been on this heading for about 6 minutes so far. And they brought me down super low super early @tttocs The app must have some geometry it needs to bring planes to before starting regular vectors. I wasn't on a STAR just on the airway from EMP to MCI. Finally as I posted this they sent me northbound for a downwind!

Im still like 40 miles out here (from the airport... more like 60 if you count vectors for the ILS 19L). I could easily be in the teens and have ample time to descend

626N_SI_ICT_MCI3

Edited by ryanbatc

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

  • Author
1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

t gave me a semi-weird old school clearance today. I think for that flight to PWM 2 days ago, ATC actually told me "N12345 turn right heading 055 when able direct Portland" Which is unusual for RNAV equipped aircraft of today. Today I'm flying from ICT to MCI and it told me something similar "N12345 turn left heading 060 direct EMP when able"

Yep, that's what I get pretty much every time. And yes, I've often wondered why I don't just get direct xxx rather than a vector and direct xxx when able.

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Maybe I'll revisit my decision and add some feedback. The App already knows your equipment suffix from SimBrief so it should be "easy" to code newer phraseology for VOR vs FMS/GPS etc.

Have you used the in-app reporting feature? That's what I use rather than trying to hash things out on Discord. Several advantages here, including the fact that your flight details are logged so they can be reviewed. You can submit one of two ways - ask for a response, or simply log the issue and not request a response ticket be opened. I do the latter, and will continue to do things this way unless I truly run into an issue which keeps me from flying and requires some sort of response.

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Im still like 40 miles out here (from the airport... more like 60 if you count vectors for the ILS 19L). I could easily be in the teens and have ample time to descend

Yep, that sounds more like my typical experience.

Scott

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.