September 6Sep 6 1 hour ago, vbazillio said:I know. Did Beta test it. Just a matter of time. And also I prefer flying in US with MSFS+SI than in France that I can do in real ;)Oh, believe me I did. I see barely no progress. And even the v3 of french voice - supposely talking with a French accent - is totally out of reality. They took sample from current SI french users and applied it to ATC voices. It looks like 1st grade english french student. Awfull ;)When you say looks is that what the UI is showing or is the whole body of work 1st grade level. I know they are always looking to improve did you submit a ticket?
September 6Sep 6 55 minutes ago, TheFalXon said:When you say looks is that what the UI is showing or is the whole body of work 1st grade levelSorry didn't get what you mean. The User Interface ? The voices when flying in France with english phraseology is almost ridiculous. I stopped my flight after few minutes. As if the controller discover English few minutes before his shift. The french phraseology is not realistic. (For the record, I'm only flying VFR in small airplane.) Vincent B. Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.
September 6Sep 6 Edited September 6Sep 6 by JetClipperJR 13600KF - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - UW1440p GSync - USB DAC/Amp - 2TB NVMe+2TB SSD - Windows 11 - Gladiator NXT EVO - 1 Gbps Fiber - MSFS 2024
September 6Sep 6 SI is far ahead of the competitors at this point IMO at least for GA. I use it pretty much every flight and couldn't imagine not using it at this point. Most of the time it's excellent, both VFR and IFR. Does it have hiccups occasionally? Of course. But on the whole, it's FAR better than anything else I've tried for the type of flying I do.I'm not sure how anyone who's actually used it, can hate on it at this point...other than just being upset about the monthly sub. For me, I'm more than happy and satisfied paying the subscription. It's constantly being updated and they're constantly adding useful features.
September 6Sep 6 7 hours ago, tttocs said:TLDR - Say Intentions AI is waay better for a GA pilot like me than I expected. It's not perfect, but it is pretty danged good and a lot of fun.Ok you have my attention. That being said, I'm so far unimpressed with their discord support. I had asked if I could activate my free week trial that was promised to me at FSExpo. They wrote down my email cause the wifi in that building sucked. But no one ever got back to me. When I reached out via a support ticket (a few weeks ago) on their discord they immediately locked it. Not a good first impression.So I'm kinda undecicded if I want to do the trial. I'd really prefer the week over the one day or whatever. 1 day is not enough time.The other issue is... I just don't use ATC that much... mostly because default sucks LOL. BATC is hit and miss - because of that I rarely use it either. I just don't think I need ATC for 20 bucks a month. I already know a lot of how aircraft make their way through USA airspace (and that's mostly where I fly), so I just try to add that realism to my flights if I'm attempting a "real" flight.EDIT: Someone from SI reached out to me (after reading this post lol - interesting how that works) - and they activated a 1 week trial. So thanks to the lurkers from SI and I'll give it a shot! Edited September 7Sep 7 by ryanbatc | My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL | | Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |
September 7Sep 7 Author 1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:The other issue is... I just don't use ATC that much... mostly because default sucks LOL. BATC is hit and miss - because of that I rarely use it either. I just don't think I need ATC for 20 bucks a month. I already know a lot of how aircraft make their way through USA airspace (and that's mostly where I fly), so I just try to add that realism to my flights if I'm attempting a "real" flight.Similarly, I've not previously used any of the available apps because I know what should happen and I've been flying listening to my personal inner controller. I've mostly been satisfied with that compared with the significant compromises of existing packages, particularly for a GA pilot. And keep in mind, we come from different perspectives - yours as controller and pilot, mine as pilot. Because of that, the inconsistencies (and there are some) may bother you more than they do me. As previously noted however, what got me headed in this direction was the potential to actually see reasonable GA traffic, especially at smaller airports and that's no small thing. Like you I fly mostly in North America and, at least so far, the ATC parts from a North American perspective and somewhat flawed though they may be, have been good enough to be engaging and immersive. And, yes, that has been a bit of a surprise. You may well fall on the other side of the equation as the faults may bother you more. But so far, I'm liking it.BTW, I agree that the 1 day trial just isn't sufficient. But for $19 I was willing to try it for a month. The jury is definitely still out on what will happen after that month has passed, but so far the enjoyment has significantly out-weighed the negatives. Perhaps that's just because it's a new toy, and YMMV, especially given your skill set.Will be interested to hear you thoughts.Scott
September 7Sep 7 Can AI do ATC calls and replies on my behalf? Edited September 7Sep 7 by sd_flyer Life time flight sim enthusiast, current airplane owner 172P (past C182F). FAA CP/IR ASEL/AMEL, FI ASELMy System: AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D , MSI X870 GAMING PLUS, 64G RAM, ASUS RTX5090, 4T SSDPut my hands on (pic/dual/given)7GCAA, 8KCAB, BE24, BE76, BE35-C33, BE35, C150, C152, C172B/N/P/R/SP, 182F, M20E,M20C, M20J, AT6(SNJ4), PA28-140,PA28-151, PA28-161,PA28-181,PA28RT-201,PA28R-180/201T, PA24-250, PA32-300R, PA44, AC114, YAK-18T, YAK-52, SR22
September 7Sep 7 1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:Can AI do ATC calls and replies on my behalf?You can assign an AI copilot to handle the radios. I tend to handle my own radios for GA flights, but with airliners I use the copilot starting right before takeoff. It’s really handy for longer flights where I step away from my pc. Gary i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR
September 7Sep 7 6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:So I'm kinda undecicded if I want to do the trialJust knowing you from Avsim, I bet you won't like it.I don't think you don't need better immersive features. And most importantly, you have a too sharp knowledge of the real world North America ATC environment that you'll find discrepancy and approximations every 5 minutes or so. I tend to believe that Say Intentions requires to accept gaps with reality and at the same time - with immersive voices and real time interactions - creates a feeling of the same reality. Vincent B. Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.
September 7Sep 7 Can I ask please, can you interact (talk to ATC) with Say Intentions via ‘drop down’ phrase options like the existing default MSFS ATC system or do you have to physically talk to interact with ATC? For a few reasons, I’m wanting to avoid having to physically talk into the PC (MSFS). Noted the earlier post about AI copilot doing the rtf which may work for me but I only fly light GA which normally don’t have a copilot helping. What’s really drawing my attention to SI is the injection of more GA traffic, and I think the default ATC system really is not good..(apart from the concept of dropdown phraseologies).Thanks
September 7Sep 7 Sorry, I lost interest when I read it's $19 a month! Edited September 7Sep 7 by Rocky_53 HowardMSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX4090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, LG Ultragear 48"4K, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One YokeMy FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776
September 7Sep 7 6 hours ago, vbazillio said:Just knowing you from Avsim, I bet you won't like it.I don't think you don't need better immersive features. And most importantly, you have a too sharp knowledge of the real world North America ATC environment that you'll find discrepancy and approximations every 5 minutes or so. I tend to believe that Say Intentions requires to accept gaps with reality and at the same time - with immersive voices and real time interactions - creates a feeling of the same reality.Maybe...but I'm not looking for everything to be perfect. With BATC, sometimes it's totally believable. And other times it's awful. (I haven't tried in about a month so I'm probably due for an update and to give it a shot again 😂).I'm mostly looking for atc that's gets me from point to point in a reasonable manner. If it puts me 500 ft agl 20 miles from the field, that's NOT reasonable. If it keeps up at 10000ft, 20 miles out that's also NOT reasonable (doable maybe irl but very bad service). If I'm doing an instrument approach and it's giving me a 90 degree intercept, it's NOT reasonable. And finally BATC needs a way to handle ifr cancellation airborne or on the ground for non towered airports.I will be checking out all of this stuff on SI. | My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL | | Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |
September 7Sep 7 Author 6 hours ago, Johnwag said:Can I ask please, can you interact (talk to ATC) with Say Intentions via ‘drop down’ phrase options like the existing default MSFS ATC system or do you have to physically talk to interact with ATC? For a few reasons, I’m wanting to avoid having to physically talk into the PC (MSFS).Much of the point of SI is in being able to interact live with ATC using voice in open ended conversations. As you've noted, you can assign a copilot to handle comms, but that may not suit you for GA use - though while not generally the norm in smaller planes, it's also not unrealistic. Even in light GA aircraft, two pilots flying together will often handle comms this way. You can interact with ATC by typing your comms rather than using voice in the SI app, but because this is not a scripted application, drop downs with canned responses wouldn't really work.Scott Edited September 7Sep 7 by tttocs
September 7Sep 7 Author 14 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:I will be checking out all of this stuff on SI.Excellent! Glad you'll at least be giving it a shot. So far, vectors and descents have been good for me, but I haven't really thrown a super difficult situation at it yet.Scott
September 7Sep 7 Author Meant to add... Be aware that the default starting setting for GA traffic is 2 on a scale of 1-11. If you're interested in GA traffic as I believe you are, you'll want to bump that up quite a bit. Haven't settled on the right setting yet. I want noticeable traffic, but I don't want - first nice Saturday in two months at the busy GA airport and I can't even find a break to take off - levels.Scott
Create an account or sign in to comment