September 11Sep 11 Recently reinstalled both 2020 & 2024 after a Win11 problem and required a reinstall of Winn11 also.I'm in Canada but marketplace thinks I am in the USA and gives prices in US$ and will not recognize payment method installed with the XBOX Microsoft which it always has before.Any ideas how to get 2020 & 2024 to believe I am in Canada?
September 11Sep 11 Deleted Edited September 11Sep 11 by St Mawgan 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2 - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base
September 11Sep 11 I love Canada so I won’t go where I wanted to go with this!Step 1: Update the Windows 11 RegionClick the Start menu and open Settings (or press Windows Key + I).Select Time & language from the left sidebar.Click on Language & region on the right side.Look for the Region section, and change the Country or region dropdown menu from United States to Canada. [1, 2]Step 2: Clear the Microsoft Store CacheSometimes Windows caches the older regional storefront, so it needs to be forcefully refreshed: [1]Close Microsoft Flight Simulator and the Microsoft Store entirely.Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.A blank Command Prompt window will appear for a few seconds and then close automatically, which launches a clean instance of the Microsoft Store.[1, 2]Step 3: Align Xbox & Microsoft Account ProfilesIf the problem persists, double-check that the online account settings weren't accidentally altered: [1]Log into the online Microsoft Account Profile page and verify that the country under your personal info states Canada.Open the Xbox App on Windows, log out of your profile, and log back in to force it to sync up with the freshly updated Windows 11 regional settings. [1, 2, 3] I9-13900kf - rtx4090 32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle Dell 43” 4K
September 11Sep 11 1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:Pay 50% tax on it?Sorry, couldn't resist 😁Sorry ... not funny. Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)
September 11Sep 11 1 minute ago, JRMurray said:Sorry ... not funny.You want me to delete it? 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2 - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base
September 11Sep 11 1 minute ago, St Mawgan said:You want me to delete it?No. I abhor censorship.Please just understand that most, if not all, Canadians, are very sensitive about what we perceive to be repeated unjustified threats to our sovereignty. The trade war is no joking matter for us.That's all that I'll say, as I wouldn't want this thread to be locked down due to wandering off-topic into the political realm. Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)
September 11Sep 11 And to the rest of the world, believe me it is so absurd and ridiculous that it is laughable. 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2 - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base
September 11Sep 11 Author 10 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:You want me to delete it?No worries. I chuckled.
September 11Sep 11 Author 1 hour ago, FrankR409 said:I love Canada so I won’t go where I wanted to go with this!Step 1: Update the Windows 11 RegionClick the Start menu and open Settings (or press Windows Key + I).Select Time & language from the left sidebar.Click on Language & region on the right side.Look for the Region section, and change the Country or region dropdown menu from United States to Canada. [1, 2]Step 2: Clear the Microsoft Store CacheSometimes Windows caches the older regional storefront, so it needs to be forcefully refreshed: [1]Close Microsoft Flight Simulator and the Microsoft Store entirely.Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.A blank Command Prompt window will appear for a few seconds and then close automatically, which launches a clean instance of the Microsoft Store.[1, 2]Step 3: Align Xbox & Microsoft Account ProfilesIf the problem persists, double-check that the online account settings weren't accidentally altered: [1]Log into the online Microsoft Account Profile page and verify that the country under your personal info states Canada.Open the Xbox App on Windows, log out of your profile, and log back in to force it to sync up with the freshly updated Windows 11 regional settings. [1, 2, 3]Thank you. This worked. I never would have thought of it
Create an account or sign in to comment