Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AirframeDB: a new free aircraft reference for MSFS

Featured Replies

21 hours ago, JonathanC said:

Thanks. Yes, you’ll see it grow, I’ll add this in. Some things are updating right now :)

Would you consider allowing some of us to add to the list - with a Publishing approval by you before it goes live?

  • Author
  • Commercial Member
23 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Would you consider allowing some of us to add to the list - with a Publishing approval by you before it goes live?

Yeah, that’s something I’ve thought of as well. Provide a way for the community to grow it, let people bring in new devs and so on.

It’s early days and I wanted to launch with a fairly simple MVP with a simple value prop (sorry for the corp speak, old habits etc). If it gets traction (early indications are positive!) then there’s lots more I can do with it.

Keep the ideas coming, I feel like this is something that the community can shape together.

9800X3d, 4090, 64 GB DDR5 6000 RAM, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + Framegen

I'm the developer of FFB-Bridge. https://ffb-bridge.com. Been on these forums as JonathanC for many years, so decided not to change that as you all know me!

This is great imo.

There is a site that usually has a current list of addons but your site is better cause it has real pics, stats and informative links.

If there's an easy way to add to your "Search" variables... I'd add ICAO and/or FAA aircraft type designators. For example, I searched C172 and a Skyhawk came up. But then I searched AEST, which is the FAA and ICAO type for Piper Aerostar, and nothing showed up, even though I saw the A2A Aerostar on a different page.

IMO, type designator is important because you would file a flight plan using this information (vatsim, pilot edge, simbrief, batc, SI etc).

Here's the ICAO's site

https://www.icao.int/operational-safety/doc-8643-aircraft-type-designators/search

Edit: And here's that site listing MSFS addons

https://msfsaddons.com/2026/04/11/our-updated-list-of-aircraft-currently-available-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Edited by ryanbatc

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

  • Author
  • Commercial Member
3 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

This is great imo.

There is a site that usually has a current list of addons but your site is better cause it has real pics, stats and informative links.

If there's an easy way to add to your "Search" variables... I'd add ICAO and/or FAA aircraft type designators. For example, I searched C172 and a Skyhawk came up. But then I searched AEST, which is the FAA and ICAO type for Piper Aerostar, and nothing showed up, even though I saw the A2A Aerostar on a different page.

IMO, type designator is important because you would file a flight plan using this information (vatsim, pilot edge, simbrief, batc, SI etc).

Here's the ICAO's site

https://www.icao.int/operational-safety/doc-8643-aircraft-type-designators/search

Edit: And here's that site listing MSFS addons

https://msfsaddons.com/2026/04/11/our-updated-list-of-aircraft-currently-available-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Oh yeah, I missed that! I’ll add it in. Thanks.

And yeah I’ve used MSFS addons and it’s great, but different focus. The sites are complementary in fact, MSFS addons is the place to go for latest addon (planes scenery and everything) info and news.

AirframeDB is trying, as you see, to pull in real world info, real world pilot reports, real world manufacturer info, along with all the sim stuff.

In fact, there’s a lot more data in the database, but I’m keeping it simple on the public front end. that technical data is actually what I used with FFB-Bridge, and I’ll expose more as time goes on.

Things like custom lvars and datarefs, custom trim stuff that some third party planes do .. stuff that only developers interested in interfacing with the plan care about. There’s really no one place to find this.

Keep the suggestions coming, great ideas

Edited by JonathanC

9800X3d, 4090, 64 GB DDR5 6000 RAM, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + Framegen

I'm the developer of FFB-Bridge. https://ffb-bridge.com. Been on these forums as JonathanC for many years, so decided not to change that as you all know me!

  • Author
  • Commercial Member
3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I'd add ICAO and/or FAA aircraft type designators

This should now be working. Give it a test.

9800X3d, 4090, 64 GB DDR5 6000 RAM, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + Framegen

I'm the developer of FFB-Bridge. https://ffb-bridge.com. Been on these forums as JonathanC for many years, so decided not to change that as you all know me!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.