September 20Sep 20 Hello Forum,I am totally lost about my sudden problem on 2024. I am completely new to this forum but old to this hobby.Since some weeks I got my new PC and one week ago I bought via Marketplace msfs 2024. Everything went perfect until today when I got an error. First it was during flying, later it was during taxing and finally this error came on the Start Menu with flickering screen on my monitor. Of course during all these I restarted my PC with the same results.The Error Message: Your application device has encountered a problem and the application will exitError: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (0x887a006)This error could be due to either of: a driver fault, an application bug, graphics card overheating, graphics card overclockingMy Rig: AMD Ryzen7 9850X3D 8-Core Processor, RTX 5080 and Windows 11 Home. Monitor: Alienware 32" OLED 4KI have done nothing to my system first because I am not a computer expert and second everything was running perfect!Thank you in advance of any helpPanos My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home
September 20Sep 20 Welcome to AVSIM. I did some research with AI and have found what I hope is the resolution for you.The DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG message essentially means your graphics card and Windows briefly stopped talking to each other for a split second during heavy asset loading, causing the sim to crash. The screen flickering you noticed on the main menu points directly to a known stability issue with the recent NVIDIA drivers and the built-in NVIDIA overlay tool.Since you mentioned you aren't a tech expert, here are two very easy, highly effective steps that have fixed this exact issue for other 5080 owners. They don't require messing around with deep system files:Step 1: Turn off the NVIDIA In-Game OverlayThere is a documented bug where the new NVIDIA software tries to draw its overlay menu over MSFS 2024 at 4K resolution, causing the 50-series cards to stall and crash at the main menu.Open the NVIDIA App on your PC.Click on the Settings icon (the small gear wheel).Look for In-Game Overlay (or NVIDIA Overlay) and toggle the switch to Off.Step 2: Perform a Clean Graphics Driver InstallationBecause you just got the PC recently, a background Windows update or initial setup might have left some corrupted driver fragments behind.Go to the official NVIDIA website and download the latest Game Ready Driver for your RTX 5080.Run the downloaded installer file.When it asks for your installation options, choose Custom (Advanced)instead of Express.On the next screen, make sure to check the box at the bottom that says Perform a clean installation. This safely wipes out old, glitchy configuration files before installing the fresh ones.Let it finish, restart your PC, and see if the flickering stops.Give those two a try first. They are the most direct solutions to the exact error you are seeing and should get you back in the air smoothly. Let us know how it goes!Best regards,Frank I9-13900kf - rtx4090 32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle Dell 43” 4K
September 21Sep 21 I would just add that in MSFS2024 don't go overboard and max out the graphics settings. Start with midway settings to achieve a stable sim then tweak. SpoilerSystem specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttleNow built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440pMark AldridgeMSFS2024 SU5.1 & P3D v5.3 HF2
September 21Sep 21 Author Hello Frank,Thank you so much for your reply, I tried both options with no result! Everytime during loading the game, exactly at the time where you see the pilot walking at that KLM Airbus, that Error: S_OK (0X0) pops up. The strange think is that my PC is new and MSFS 2024 was running for one week perfectly! It is so frustating!Panos My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home
September 21Sep 21 Author 1 hour ago, 787flyer said:I would just add that in MSFS2024 don't go overboard and max out the graphics settings. Start with midway settings to achieve a stable sim then tweak.I don't have the chance to enter MSFS 2024 as I wrote before that error appears during loading 2024 My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home
September 21Sep 21 3 hours ago, EDDVsim said:I don't have the chance to enter MSFS 2024 as I wrote before that error appears during loading 2024Note, you did mention "during flying" in your post above. SpoilerSystem specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttleNow built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440pMark AldridgeMSFS2024 SU5.1 & P3D v5.3 HF2
September 21Sep 21 Author @787flyer Yes you are absolutely right at the beginning it started 2 times during flying, that was yesterday and since then everytime i try to launch it there is that Error: S_OK (0X0) during loading exactly before "Start" appearsPanos My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home
September 21Sep 21 Panos,I was hoping we could get through this. You will probably need to enter a Zendesk ticket with Microsoft, who will probably have you do the following steps, so let’s have you do it first. IF you are so lucky as to get past the loading screen afterwards, go into the graphic configuration and roll back anything you may have changed to a different value. Open your Windows Start Menu, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, and right-click its icon.Select App Settings (or go to Windows Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > MSFS 2024 > Advanced Options).Scroll down until you see the Repair button. Click Repair (do not click Reset). This ensures no core game execution files are corrupted. I9-13900kf - rtx4090 32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle Dell 43” 4K
September 21Sep 21 Author Frank, I did that this with Repair, I made a fresh reinstall, i have the newest drivers, although the problem started with the old driver, simply I am just getting crazy here! I have Navigraph Charts, Navigraph Hub, SimBrief and Little Navmap all are recognising msfs2024 but.....I can't launch it!Panos My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home
September 21Sep 21 Well friend, I don’t have any fresh ideas. Option 1 would be opening a Zendesk ticket with Microsoft/Asobo. If you have access to an AI tool you could try to work through whatever it might suggest you could do. I wish you luck getting this going, as I am sure it is very frustrating. I9-13900kf - rtx4090 32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle Dell 43” 4K
September 21Sep 21 If you goto Windows Event Viewer are there any errors such as nvlddmkm errors after you loaded the latest Nvidia driver?If there are still signs of nvidia driver issues when starting msfs2024 you can try the following if your PC is in general OK, but msfs2024 is problematic.Nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings. Global settings tab > RestoreDo the same thing by going to the Programs tab and hit the Restore button.Goto your community folders and rename them so msfs2024 starts in its basic config without any addons being loaded.I would also clear the nvidia cache files and delete the rollingcache.ccc file. Use Google to find the locations of these files on your PC.Then and only then start the sim.If issue still persist, then I would consider using DDU to entirely remove all nvidia driver files and registry settings then choose an older nvidia driver to install. The nvidia clean install method as mentioned by Frank should do a complete removal however others here on the forum swear by DDU to remove corrupted graphics drivers.Report back what you are seeing with some detail of what the sim does and how far it gets when trying to start the sim. ... error messages, windows application event log errors etc.Wishing you luck. SpoilerSystem specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttleNow built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440pMark AldridgeMSFS2024 SU5.1 & P3D v5.3 HF2
September 21Sep 21 Author @FrankR409 and @787flyer Thank you both for your help, perhaps the problem is somewhere deeper.The Error S_OK (0x0) appears exactly when the loading is finishing and sometimes after,...... 1000 attempts, the game let me in and when inside the Main Menu the Globe starts flickering. That lasts some seconds where that error comes again!Panos My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home
September 21Sep 21 If you ignore the error, what happens? Does the sim continue to function or does it lock up? SpoilerSystem specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttleNow built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440pMark AldridgeMSFS2024 SU5.1 & P3D v5.3 HF2
September 21Sep 21 Author It locks up and it brings me back to Desktop. Now tell me that at the end, after so many attempts and stress, I have to reinstall my Windows! My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home
September 22Sep 22 What are your system specs? Win10Pro 22H2-19045.7184 IntelCorei7-3770K GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3 32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24 AsusRTX2070OC8GB 1TBCrucialMX500SSD 2 TB PNY CS900 (x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs LGBlueRayBurner RosewillChallengerTowerBlack CorsairRM750wPSU X56HOTAS TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo TrackIR5Pro 34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p TM2xMFDCougar OculusQuest2 InateckKU5211PCIe3.2 LTERIVERPCIeG2S4 TMobileHomeInternet5GMSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US Windows 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 - i7 14700F MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II RTX 5060ti OC 16GB 32GB DDR5 5600mhz 2TB MSI nVME 4TB Crucial nVME 4TB SPCC SATA SSD P-3 4TB SSD 650w Gold PSU Monitor LG 2560x1080p 34in
Create an account or sign in to comment