Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MSFS 2024 Error during flying or start

Featured Replies

13 hours ago, EDDVsim said:

It locks up and it brings me back to Desktop.

Now tell me that at the end, after so many attempts and stress, I have to reinstall my Windows!

Don't do that do the following...

Run the following commands (w/admin rights) and when all completed successfully and without error/s. In the following order:

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

RESTART computer as the last step.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.7184 IntelCorei7-3770K GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3 32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24 AsusRTX2070OC8GB 1TBCrucialMX500SSD 2 TB PNY CS900 (x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs LGBlueRayBurner RosewillChallengerTowerBlack CorsairRM750wPSU X56HOTAS TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo TrackIR5Pro 34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p TM2xMFDCougar OculusQuest2 InateckKU5211PCIe3.2 LTERIVERPCIeG2S4 TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US Windows 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 - i7 14700F MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II RTX 5060ti OC 16GB 32GB DDR5 5600mhz 2TB MSI nVME 4TB Crucial nVME 4TB SPCC SATA SSD P-3 4TB SSD  650w Gold PSU Monitor LG 2560x1080p 34in

  • Author

Hi,

Windows 11 Home

NVIDIA Driver the newest 616.92

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core Processor

RAM 64 GB, SSD 4TB, GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080

Monitor Alienware Dell 4K OLED 32"

Mind you I am not a computer expert and I am very careful about my steps. Your help and thank you so much for this, is very deep into computing, at least for me and I have a kind of fear that I don't want to do something worse. Till now I did a complete clean, I want to believe, reinstallation of 2024, new Drivers, deleting Caches and the problem persists. Sometimes I am able to enter the Main Menu but I see the Globe flickering, I go even further to choose an airport to fly and then I see the whole screen with horizontal lines. Of course at that point I press escape and back to Desktop. When I try again to load msfs 2024 then that error (Error C_OK (0X0)) comes exactly the time when loading is ready and before I click on "Start"

At first I though that I had a combination of errors, with my monitor too, but no, everywhere else my monitor functions perfectly. It's funny and sad I have a relative expensive system and I can't play msfs 2024!

Panos

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home

Disable XMP/EXPO: Turn off Extreme Memory Profiles in your BIOS. Then retest.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.7184 IntelCorei7-3770K GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3 32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24 AsusRTX2070OC8GB 1TBCrucialMX500SSD 2 TB PNY CS900 (x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs LGBlueRayBurner RosewillChallengerTowerBlack CorsairRM750wPSU X56HOTAS TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo TrackIR5Pro 34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p TM2xMFDCougar OculusQuest2 InateckKU5211PCIe3.2 LTERIVERPCIeG2S4 TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US Windows 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 - i7 14700F MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II RTX 5060ti OC 16GB 32GB DDR5 5600mhz 2TB MSI nVME 4TB Crucial nVME 4TB SPCC SATA SSD P-3 4TB SSD  650w Gold PSU Monitor LG 2560x1080p 34in

  • Author

@udidwht Disabling XMP/EXPO, I am not an expert and correct me if I am wrong, will slow my PC and this is the very last thing I want to do. I have relative a High End system and I don't want to run like a 10 year old machine. I even hope if with the upcoming SU7 will solve this mess. Well, hope dies last.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home

14 hours ago, EDDVsim said:

@udidwht Disabling XMP/EXPO, I am not an expert and correct me if I am wrong, will slow my PC and this is the very last thing I want to do. I have relative a High End system and I don't want to run like a 10 year old machine. I even hope if with the upcoming SU7 will solve this mess. Well, hope dies last.

Nothing wrong with disabling and testing. If it resolves the issue than you know where to continue from there.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.7184 IntelCorei7-3770K GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3 32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24 AsusRTX2070OC8GB 1TBCrucialMX500SSD 2 TB PNY CS900 (x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs LGBlueRayBurner RosewillChallengerTowerBlack CorsairRM750wPSU X56HOTAS TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo TrackIR5Pro 34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p TM2xMFDCougar OculusQuest2 InateckKU5211PCIe3.2 LTERIVERPCIeG2S4 TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US Windows 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 - i7 14700F MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II RTX 5060ti OC 16GB 32GB DDR5 5600mhz 2TB MSI nVME 4TB Crucial nVME 4TB SPCC SATA SSD P-3 4TB SSD  650w Gold PSU Monitor LG 2560x1080p 34in

  • Author

@udidwht you are right but as mentioned before that I am not an expert and fiddling with the BIOS makes me feel cranky. I am even sceptical about this cleaning NVIDIA Driver with DDU and that is because I have to run it on a Safe Mode!

Everything I've done so far is with the help of AI and it seems now that the options are narrowed to these above. I did a bit of a search in msfs 2024 official forums and I am surprised that this error exists from 2023, at least that was the year it was posted and there is no a standard solution

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home

If it is new then who did you buy it from? I f a company has supplied it and there is a fault with the components or the way it is set up then they should fix it.

You don't mention what spec your psu is. You have a very powerful system that will need a lot of clean power to run. What wattage and more importantly brand is your psu.

MSFS is renowned for showing any fault with RAM. Again you say 64 GB RAM but you don't give its specs or brand or what speed it is now running at. If there is any fault with any of the ram chips or it has been run overclocked then msfs will throw errors. It is relatively easier to do some checks on ram if you know what you doing. For example with 64 GB you probably have 2x32. If so you could pull one bank and see if the problem persists and then swap to the other and test again. It may just be one of your ram sticks has a fault. Whoever built it may have put cheaper spec ram and overclocked it.\

  • Author
2 hours ago, bailout said:

If it is new then who did you buy it from? I f a company has supplied it and there is a fault with the components or the way it is set up then they should fix it.

You don't mention what spec your psu is. You have a very powerful system that will need a lot of clean power to run. What wattage and more importantly brand is your psu.

MSFS is renowned for showing any fault with RAM. Again you say 64 GB RAM but you don't give its specs or brand or what speed it is now running at. If there is any fault with any of the ram chips or it has been run overclocked then msfs will throw errors. It is relatively easier to do some checks on ram if you know what you doing. For example with 64 GB you probably have 2x32. If so you could pull one bank and see if the problem persists and then swap to the other and test again. It may just be one of your ram sticks has a fault. Whoever built it may have put cheaper spec ram and overclocked it.\

This is the first time I hear that my PC components might be responsible for this S_OK (0X0) error! My PC runs perfectly outside msfs 2024, if there was a problem with components I would see it elsewhere too, for example in videos or in pictures or even on other demanding games

Since I get this error I Googled it and this is what search say:

"No, this is highly unlikely to be a problem with your PC components. Your hardware—the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, the Dell Alienware AW3225QF (a top-tier 4K OLED monitor), and Windows 11 Home—represents absolute peak performance.

The s_ok (0x0) error combined with a flickering globe and sudden crashes to desktop (CTD) is a known software and driver compatibility issue between MSFS 2024, recent NVIDIA drivers, and G-Sync/VRR settings at high resolutions. Ironically, in programming, S_OK means "success" or "everything is fine," but Windows is misinterpreting a graphics driver timing hitch as a crash (often tied to a hidden DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error)"

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home

7 hours ago, EDDVsim said:

My PC runs perfectly outside msfs 2024, if there was a problem with components I would see it elsewhere too, for example in videos or in pictures or even on other demanding games

Not necessarily. The power supply in my system went bad and MSFS was the only program that had any issues. MSFS indeed will show hardware faults that other programs will not, as it stresses PC's more than most programs out there.

7 hours ago, EDDVsim said:

The s_ok (0x0) error combined with a flickering globe and sudden crashes to desktop (CTD) is a known software and driver compatibility issue between MSFS 2024, recent NVIDIA drivers, and G-Sync/VRR settings at high resolutions.

If it's so well known, then certainly AI has the solution and is not just hallucinating based on what a few people wrote in threads like these?

Not trying to be snarky, but all the troubleshooting steps in this thread are valid and would help to narrow down the issue. This could be caused by a driver or other software issue, but it could also be caused by faulty hardware or a BIOS setting that doesn't work with your combination of hardware. But sorting through driver issues is going to require using DDU, a Windows issue requires running the DISM and SFC commands to ensure there is no system corruption, and hardware/BIOS issues will require more in depth stress testing and a willingness to test different settings in the BIOS. If you're not comfortable with some of these steps, it's probably best to reach out to your computer vendor and lean on them to troubleshoot.

There is no magic required in running the PC in safe mode. A 2 year old could do it. Once done a reboot is all that is required to go out of safe mode. Same applies to BIOS.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.7184 IntelCorei7-3770K GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3 32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24 AsusRTX2070OC8GB 1TBCrucialMX500SSD 2 TB PNY CS900 (x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs LGBlueRayBurner RosewillChallengerTowerBlack CorsairRM750wPSU X56HOTAS TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo TrackIR5Pro 34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p TM2xMFDCougar OculusQuest2 InateckKU5211PCIe3.2 LTERIVERPCIeG2S4 TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US Windows 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 - i7 14700F MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II RTX 5060ti OC 16GB 32GB DDR5 5600mhz 2TB MSI nVME 4TB Crucial nVME 4TB SPCC SATA SSD P-3 4TB SSD  650w Gold PSU Monitor LG 2560x1080p 34in

  • Author
8 hours ago, udidwht said:

There is no magic required in running the PC in safe mode. A 2 year old could do it. Once done a reboot is all that is required to go out of safe mode. Same applies to BIOS.

I don't know what a 2 year old can do, pressing a certain key for the BIOS window to appear I suppose is easy. From that point on, the figures that has to be changed insided that BIOS window , allow me to be honest, is for me tricky just exactly what I wrote from the beginning of this thread that Im am not an expert! Simple as this.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080, RAM 64GB, SSD 4T, Microsoft Windows 11 Home

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.