Thursday at 02:11 PM3 days What did I do. I had my Flight sim set with all my key board / mouse preferences all set up. Took considerable time to achieve that. Then it reverted back to basic all my preferences disappeared. Did I hit a button I should not have ? Can I get it back to what I had ? help please.
Thursday at 02:32 PM3 days Just a reminder that in MSFS2024, you can use this procedure to back up your control configuration as an .xml file and save it wherever you like:1. Launch the simulator and go to Settings -> Controls.2. Select the Keyboard (or any other peripheral).3. Click the gear icon next to the custom profile name.4. Select Export to save a clean .xml file directly to a folder of your choice (e.g., your Desktop), ready to be kept as a backup or shared.Here is the procedure for importing the saved .xml file into MSFS2024if needed:1. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 and go to Settings → Controls.2. Select the Keyboard from the list of peripherals on the left.3. Navigate to the correct category at the bottom (e.g., General Controls or Airplane Controls).4. Create an empty/duplicate profile (if necessary): The import option often requires an active, editable profile to already exist. If you only see the "Default" profile (which cannot be overwritten), click the gear icon next to the current profile name and select Duplicate to create an editable copy.5. Click the gear icon next to the profile again and select Import.6. A Windows dialog box will open: browse your folders, select the configuration .xml file you wish to load, and click Open.7. The simulator will load the controls, and you will see the new imported profile name appear in the game. Remember to save before exiting.
Thursday at 02:55 PM3 days I find FSUIPC7 (paid version) a highly reliable alternative to MSFS 2024 control management (or MobiFlight free). You can also use the MSFS FAQ for controller profile management.Some things to be aware of with the native MSFS 2024 control profiles: Bug (still) where assignments don't always save when doing control changes in flight vs. escaping to the control screen. If you run MSFS 2024 from two different computers and you change control assignments on the computer that doesn't have the physical controllers attached, you can wipe out all the assignments (when using the same account). Sometimes the controls screen will not load anything when switching between control devices (work around is to click on another device and then return) ... also just very slow at displaying "All" filter ... the more controllers you have the worse it gets.Asobo did "try" to make it better but it still has much more work for it to be a reliable UI that is intuitive to a user. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. - Carl Sagan
Thursday at 04:30 PM3 days I got tired of MS2024 wiping out my setting during a mandatory update so I installed FSUIPC7 (payware) and have my controls setup that way. I haven't had any control setting issues ever since. Just have to make sure you don't have any dual assignments setup within MS2024. Edited Thursday at 04:31 PM3 days by Mike_CFII_MEL Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings Two: AMD-9950X | One: AMD-7950X3D | Three: Asus TUF 4090s | Three: 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Three: Cosair 1300 P/S | Three: 990Pro 2TB NVME One: Eugenius ECS2512 - 2.5 GHz Switch | Three: Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three: 75" 4K UHDTVs | One: Boeing 737NG Flight Deck
Thursday at 05:10 PM3 days 36 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:I got tired of MS2024 wiping out my setting during a mandatory update so I installed FSUIPC7 (payware) and have my controls setup that way. I haven't had any control setting issues ever since. Just have to make sure you don't have any dual assignments setup within MS2024.Another one of my pet peeves is when 2024 keep resetting my graphics settings to default Xbox console settings. Even though I don't play on a console. Why do 2024 insist on changing graphic settings anyway? Bill McIntyre Asus StrixB650E-F Gamer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Corsair Titanium DDR5 64GB, Samsung 990 PRO-4TB M.2, (4) 2TB SSD's, Corsair H1150i liquid cooler, RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, (2) LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case. MSFS 2024, WIN11 Pro x64
Create an account or sign in to comment