Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Terrible performance with X-codr AEP (AEP overlay)

Featured Replies

I'm using XP12 Public (via Steam)

Anyone else having extreme performance drop when using X-Codr AEP package?
My CPU frame time is slowly increasing in the sim, while FPS drops to single digits.
CPU itself is running at 30%/core in Performance manager, so I have plenty of overhead.

This goes away if I disable the Custom scenery entry for "AEP_Overlays". But off course that's a major "USP" for the product itself so I'd rather have it enabled.

I also have all layers of Simheaven Europe enabled, so I wonder if these two addons do not play nice together?

X-Organizer shows no errors in my "custom scenery" layering.

EASA PPL SEPL + NQ / CB-IR in progress
MSFS24 | X-Plane 12 

 

I see something like that occasionally. Sim becomes unusable. When it happens I pull up the microprofiler window and see tons of VRAM processing activity. Hadn't ever correlated it w/ AEP though, so that's interesting. It's always temporary too. Lasts maybe a minute on my system then goes away.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Yes, I have lower FPS with AEP. Noticeable, but not extreme. Maybe 20%, but I have not tried without for some X-Plane versions. It is still worth it for me.

Maybe some other add-on that together with the AEP_Overlays leads to a problem?
Try a default aircraft – I had crashes with AEP+Airfoillabs King Air 350 for example. The AEP developer has been very helpful in getting that worked around. I think it is worth letting him know about your problem.

I run it and haven’t noticed any issues one way or another.

Runs good on my setup, but it would be nice if we had an easy way to disable vehicular traffic at the airports.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

                Two: AMD-9950X | One: AMD-7950X3D | Three: Asus TUF 4090s | Three: 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Three: Cosair 1300 P/S | Three: 990Pro 2TB NVME                    One: Eugenius ECS2512 - 2.5 GHz Switch | Three: Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three: 75" 4K UHDTVs | One: Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

  • Author
On 10/9/2026 at 2:59 PM, flightwusel said:

Maybe some other add-on that together with the AEP_Overlays leads to a problem

The issue is still present even when running default C172, I lose a large chunk of my frames.
As soon as I lift off and additional scenery is loaded into the sim, frame creep occurs, slowly suffocating CPU frame time performance.
Thanks for the replies, I will contact the author of the addon and try to find a cure.

EASA PPL SEPL + NQ / CB-IR in progress
MSFS24 | X-Plane 12 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.