Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Want to delve into minor scenery design.

I have never had the oppurtunity to design or fiddle with the scenery in any FS version, except for using AFCAD to edit the parking, taxi and runways information for some smaller airports, thats all I know.However, at some airports to which I fly regularly it is starting to irritate me to no end that there are buildings where they should not be, and absolutely nothing where there should be something, like ramps, hangars and other buildings.I have been looking at scenery design programs, for example EZ-Scenery from Abacus. However I have a question regarding exclusions for the default buildings. Will a program like EZ-Scenery allow me to exclude the default scenery and then place my albeit newbie buildings in their place? Or is there something else I need to do first? I apologize if this has been asked before, I did search for the information but still remain a bit confused.Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Also are there tutorials available, for say EZ Scenery, or GMAX that would allow me to see the basics in design, and then placement into FS9?Thank you again guys for your help.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="4" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2][td width=500]Jason CYOO - Formerly MYNN[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][br /]

I would highly recommend starting with the topic at the top of this forum.scott s..

Hi Jason,EZ-Scenery does not make excludes for you, but ExcBuilder is a very easy tool to make these excludes for you. You can find it here in the file library.For EZ-Scenery I don't know if there are much tutorials, I guess the manuals should be enough to get you going (it is an object placer, not an object designer). GMax is more complex (but more powerful as well of course), there are a lot of tutorials for GMax. I would advice you to take a look at the FAQ mentioned above.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks guys. Yeah I saw the tutorial above and will take more time to read over the weekend.I was just being lazy and thought I would ask, hehe.Maybe I'll try a few things and post them here for some pointers.Thanks again.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="4" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2][td width=500]Jason CYOO - Formerly MYNN[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][br /]

Hi JasonWith the AFCAD, ExcBuilder and EZScenery combo you can do some amazingscenery work. Just don't get to frustrated and read the Docs that come with each application.FaxCap

Great Stuff!!I started with MYNN last night and excluded some really badly placed buildings with EXCBuilder, and it was much much easier than I thought. Thank you guys for the input on that one. I purchased EZ Scenery and am enjoying getting used to the interface. I have a question can you add BGL libaries from other software packages say like RWY 12 and so on?Guys thank you again for your input it has opened up a whole new world to me in FS.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="4" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2][td width=500]Jason CYOO - Formerly MYNN[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][br /]

Folks if your interested in all the comings and goings with regard to EZScenery, there is a forum called "Users Helping Users" which by default has become and EZScenery exchangem, since Abacus has failed to provide such. There are tons of new objects being provided and yes you can convert and use RWY 12 objects.Loginhttp://www.flightsim-bevs.com/smf_1-0-5/in...hp?action=loginForum on EZSceneryhttp://www.flightsim-bevs.com/smf_1-0-5/index.php?board=59.0Just try and keep up with the additions to EZScenery will require and extra rum and eggnog today...cheers. Hope your holiday period is fun adn healthy.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Great stuff!!I'll be there as soon as I can![hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="4" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2][td width=500]Jason CYOO - Formerly MYNN[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][br /]

Hi Jason,Yes, but you don't have to add them. EZ-Scenery scans your scenery folders and any valid library BGL is automatically added to the GUI. After that you can place these objects.Of course you need to be careful which libraries you use, as you can not distribute them all with your scenery. If you use a library from a commercial addon for example, the user would only see the object if he has that addon as well.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Yes this is correct and it can be somewhat difficult problem sorting out which is freeware and commercial.Another issue is that other than the object libraries provided by the developer Abacus, each library is added but there is no object identifier so you have to scroll though a sometimes lengthy list to find the object you want. However, the community of EZScenery users over on that BEV site are busy working through the issue and making libraries compatible with the software so that you can idenify the object by name. Matching up GUID #'s with a text description of each object.Completed works are being posted on to the AVSIM library of files. Of course they are only working through objects from generic libraries or those they have permission to use.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3