Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

My final B747-400 version V2.00 is uploaded to avsim !!...

Ansgar.Thank you for this fantastic news!I think this must be one of the best freeware offer ever at Avsim.Long flights with this bird must be a dream of flight every minute.I only wish that FU3 would show up again in stores, so that many moreflightsimmers can enjoy yours and the others fantastic work for thissimulator.Chris' next project with PC-Pilot magazine will also give many peopleheads up for FU3.More work is constantly done here and there for the UK-development, somany of the problems for long flights here will most likely be solved.As they say- "Rome was not build in one day".Once again, Many many thanks to you and your kind "Boeing helpers"for this huge addon.Best regards.Lars Peter.:-wave

Ansgar,To be honest, stalling seems to be a bigger problem in FU2 than it does in FU3. I was helping one of my young cousins fly the Arrow in FU2 a few days ago, and I had it approaching Napa County on a wonderful glideslope....but then I flared just before touchdown, and........STALL....bang, crash, wallop !That NEVER happens to me in FU3 ;-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Congratulations Ansgar! I look forward to trying this new plane out as soon as possible. I hope you've included the instructions for landing at Clare's Field. I remember I had problems landing there in a 747 one time.And as with Jon's glider, I will be critically checking the important cockpit items (coffee holder, sick bag etc), its flight performance (Clare's Field, snap-turns to look at scenery at 120 ft) and its ground handling characteristics (how easy is it to park in Glidernut's hangar, can I pass slow traffic on the taxiway), and finally its sound (is it loud and exciting while not disturbing the kids in the next room).And I am sure it will rate 380% easily. Your planes are amazing, and you are the man. (As we say in Australia. After being indoctrinated by the Americans.) I'm off to the Grand Canyon first up. Or maybe a gentle roll down the coast from Seattle to SF. In a thunderstorm. Many many millions of thanks.RobD.

Guest qvdg

Congratulations Ansgar on another superb product :-beerchug. Both you and Jon are a source of inspiration for beginners like me in the aircraft manufacturing game. You have set the standards very high and this is excellent for all of us in the FU3 community. Well done ! CheersQvdG PS. The polycount max are you still at 1900 or have you managed to exceed this perhaps by some trickery:-wave

Guest glidernut

Thank you Ansgar, I like the masheen gun sound of the stall, its much beter than just a warning light.Your old 747 may hav had a stall warning sound, but it didant cundjerup a vishion of the instrements and steering colem vibrating like mad like the maeen gun sound dus.Theres no mistaking what worning sound this is. The sound of the engins outside is about as dramatic as posibl, which is great, like RobD ses, its very loud and exciting andadds a lot to the realisum, but Im glad the engin sounds are toned down a bit in the cocpit,thay wont giv us a hedake on a long hall flight.This is the most complex aircraft ever dun for FU3.Having spent the last 3 munths in CockpitDesigner,you hav my admaration and respect on a job well dun.glidernut.:-wave

Guest Ansgar

Wooooow, unbelievable! I didn

Ansgar,I don't think that Mark tests these add-ons before they are included on the CD. I assume that he trusts me and the rest of the AVSIM FU3 community to "come up with the goods". He has already told me that we all know far more about FU3 than they do, which is why he asked me to write my articles in the first place :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Chris,you understand me wrong. I didn

OK Ansgar, I see your point. I will ask him about this in my next e-mail.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Rich Wren

This is what happens when I turn my back for a couple of days. :-) I don't think I can say "thank you" enough for this wonderful aircraft.Cheers,Rich.

Many thanks Ansgar!This plane is excellent, and I'll have great fun just reading the documentation, let alone flying it!Ian

Guest Quaxo

Hi Ansgar,Well, I just tried your 747 (27 Mb download... Ugh!)What can I say? The above comments say it all! Many thanks for this wonderful plane! :-)Only one question: I noticed that the engines sound increases in pitch when I bring the throttle from idle to 50%; then, from 50% to 100%, no matter how I set the throttle, the sound doesn't change. The thrust changes, but not the sound. Is it intended to be so, or am I having some problems with my computer?Cristian

Guest glidernut

Cristian,When I increases the throttle from 50% to 100%, the pitch gos upeven higher on my 747-400.Perhaps you got a duf copy ?I sergest you dounlowd another copy of the 747-400.I hope its not your computer!Ps, if by chnce, you or anyone els hapens to cum acros an engin soundin any FU3 aircraft that is suposed to increases in pitch with athrottle increases but dusant, then I want it.I hav a use for sutch a wav file.Cristian,s dojy wav file is no good to me bicous it increases in pitchfrom 0 to 50% of throttle.glidernut.