Sign in to follow this  
Darcy

Anyone found a solution for the stuttering/pause in 4.01?

I love this program but I had to go back to 4.0 so the stutterin/pausing would go away. I have tried the things suggested in other posts but was wondering if someone had success in stopping the pausing that happens just before someone speaks?Seems funny to me that 4.0 works without stuttering and the update stutters. Oh well just checking and like I said I love flying with Radar Contact!ThanksDarcy Coutts

I agree.....I too had to go back to 4.0...Too much hesitation between communications......But, like you, I enjoy RC, that I continue to use it in it's original format...Paul

I guess I have the same problem. Haven't noticed any stuttering but the delay between communications is way too long. For example, when told to contact Center, I get yelled at because it takes too long to make the call. It usually takes 30 to 40 seconds for the required responses to start. Takes over a minute to get ATIS. I uninstalled the whole program and reinstalled ver. 4.00 only. Worked fine. Installed 4.01 and the delay is back. I too will have to just use 4.00 and not 4.01 unless a fix is found for this.Jim

I wonder how many there is like us? Anyways just did another flight on 4.0 and I couldn't go back to FS ATC.

Guest glennt

I had to roll back too. I was going to post to see if JD had come upwith a solution or if it is possible to get the other enhancements in the update without the voice "stiching". So we can have the best of both worlds.Glenn Thomson

Hi Darcy and all,I conducted a survey amongst the RC beta testers and from the responses I had there were no obvious pointers as to why some experienced the problem and others didn't.The only clear indication was that those running RC4 via WideFS (i.e. on a separate PC to FS) didn't suffer the problem. If any of you have a spare PC with sound capability that might be an option. A modest PC will run RC4 quite happily.I have noticed that amongst those who reported the problem there were more Athlon users than Pentium ones. Whether the Athlon can handle multi-tasking as well as a Pentium with Hyperthreading is open to debate.So for now I'm sorry I can't thrown more light on the problem. Speaking personally I haven't experienced it so it's hard to gauge how annoying it is.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Dutch64

Ok, maybe only a few users have this problem, maybe though a lot do have this but simply don't post here for one or another reason.Till now i thought at least the RC team would be working on a patch to get rid of the stutters (and/or delays as described above) but it seems nothing is happening? So, basically the people who experience the stutters and delays won't ever be able to upgrade to a new patch/update?I think the statement that maybe a pentium with hyperthreading can handle this better than an Athlon and leave it there is too easy.Any powerful processor should be able to handle the workload, it also works fine in version 4.0, right?. There must have been a change in the routine to create the wavs which causes this... Maybe it's an idea to release some beta patches to people who experience these problems to see where the problem exactly is and from there work on?Don't get me wrong, i love the program and use it every day but i would like to upgrade too without having to buy an intel ;)Cheers,Martin

Just for the record I am running a Pentium 2.0 Audigy 2. Frame rates are fine. I too just want to help because this program is that good!

Hi Martin,Radar Contact is programmed by one person - John Decker. He is aware of the problems some are having and he will probably add to this discussion.The stutters have come about as a result of a single change in the way the wavs are gathered and played. In 4.0 each wav to be played is located and then played. So for "Speedbird 1234" there are 5 seeks and five wavs played. Many who bought v4.0 complained that speech was not fluid so John looked at a way of speeding things up and making speech more fluid.So with v4.01 he now looks at what wavs he needs to play and gathers them all in a single action. Having gathered them he then strings them together and adds a variable amount of 'silence' between each wav depending on the slider position selected for that 'voice'. Five wavs gathered - one action to play them. On paper, far more efficient and during testing no-one on the team reported any problems. In fact, quite the opposite. many of us felt the voices were much better.Herein lies the problem. If the action of gathering the wavs is causing a pause before an instructon is played I don't know how that can be eliminated. I'm not a VB programmer so I can't say what's possible and what's not.The way the wavs are retrieved with v4.01 is far more efficient but relies perhaps on enough system resources to retrive them quickly enough. For those of you with a single PC try locking your frame rates at 30 or 25 and see if it makes a difference. If it does then it's clear that if you give the system a fighting chance it will help RC4.<>To release a beta patch we would have to design a different system of retrieving the wavs. I don't know if that's possible. We'll discuss it amongst us and see what's possible.I'm sorry I can't give you better news but rest assured we are aware of your frustrations and will do what we can to make things better.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Me got those problem of stuttering/pause, My system PIV 2Gig ram 6800GTI hypertrading enable I have even install on a fresh winxp FS activesky LDS767 RC4 with the last update v4.01.When i ask to ground for delivery it take's a while before the answer,and when I fly for stuttering problem I got sovently reproach for not respecting altitude end so on, with the last version there are also some CDT wich i don't think other addon cause it.hope this contribute.Fabrizio

To let you know: I have frame rate locked at 22 and still got the stutters. This is a good discussion and I hope it helps out in the long run.Thanks

I get the stuttering too, even while just cruising. :(How do you roll back to version 4.0?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest pellelil

I suggest that you try to disable HT (Hyperthreading) and see if that changes anything.In my sparetime I play-around with sythesizers and samplers (both hardware and software) and the on PC I use for that purpuse I have disabled HT since I otherwiser experience studders when I have too many software- synthesizers/samplers/effects going on at the same time.I am not sure if this will fix anything with RC4 (since I am myself running RC4 on a separate PC, and have never had any studder-problems with RC4), but I think it will be worth a try, and I would like to hear your findings.Also see perhaps if you can setup you Anti-virus system to exclude the RC4 folder from its realtime protection scans. Some AV-products introduce a lot of overhead while scanning files and RC4 relies on lots of wav-files.http://jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

Guest Dutch64

Hi Ray, thanks for the explanation about how the wavs are 'compiled' in the new version. Btw, i don't have the problem of the delays but the freezes and stutters instead. Well, i will keep on experimenting too like trying different hard disks etc. My framerates are locked already because i think it's a good thing to do anyhow and i always disable antivirus, firewalls etc during fs9 sessions. It might have to do with the write caching maybe...Thanks and i hope one of us can find a solution (other than using another pc etc ;) )Martin

I must say that Ive upgraded with the patch and dont have any problems at all that are described above. I find it really improves the fluidity of the voices and I no longer have the gaps inbetween words.I am running on a single pc with dual monitors. Processor is AMD64 4000XP.Graham