Sign in to follow this  
Guest anniesboy68

Rd4 Ground at arrival airport

Guest anniesboy68

Upon arrival at the destination airport "ground" says taxi to ramp or gate. Should it not say where????, ie gate number.

No. If you want it to say a specific gate, YOU have to enter that information in the options screen PRE-FLIGHT.Hope this helps.

. . . and using AFCAD you can "reserve" a gate at your destination before running FS by either giving it an impossibly small radius for AI to retain the order in the list or just removing it. Put it in your airport info list for your flight and then place it into the RC controller page preflight as noted.

Guest anniesboy68

Thanks for that!!!1AB68

Ron,Is AFCAD a purchased program?Where can I get it?I would like to try your suggestion.Regards,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

AFCAD is a free program, and it's author Lee Swordy, has done a wonderful job developing it.It can be downloaded from the Avsim library (current version is v2.21 I think).Subs

It is a good idea when modifying an AFCAD not to attempt to modify the stock layer. Save it as another for the same airport if only the stock layer exists.If on the open airport you have any other layers, remember that FS is limited (but not self limiting) to only one layer above stock avoiding confusion within the FS9 program systems. If you are modifying a layer above the stock, find out where it is (the AFCAD title bar will show almost the complete path) and make a safe copy away from any scenery folder first so you can go back.In FS9 I have a path "H:AFCAD2Sscenery" where I place any downloaded AFCADs (a file of type .bgl) and those I modify. It exists in the Scenery library list as AFCAD2s. Any time I add a new one or delete/move out of that folder FS9 reindexes on starting so I do not have to adjust the scenery library and restart for AFCAD file changes as you do for regular scenery additions.Just a caution for first time users.You can also put a bookmark in your browser to the .html help file in the AFCAD program folder. This way when needing information you do not have to start AFCAD first. There is some very intesting reading in that file and that is the AFCAD documentation.

Hi,Thanks "SUBS" for information on the AFCAD program.I will get it and give it a try.Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW