Sign in to follow this  
Flightsummer

First Use - first Questions...

Hello!I just bought und used RC for the first time. Now I have some questions:1. How can I save the size and the postion of the green text window?2. How can I get the text in an easy readable form? (sometimes words are missing, some numbers are divided, some words follow at the next page although there was enough place - please see the images)3. What is the reason, when I get order to go around 2 times one after another - without any cognisable cause?4. What do I have to do, when I like to fly the STAR after the beginning of the approach?

1) delete the advdisp.dll from the fs module directory use the display capabilities of fsuipc 3.7 or greater there shouldn't be a green text window. see the faq http://www.jdtllc.com/FAQ.htm#162) http://www.jdtllc.com/FAQ.htm#163) depends on the situation.4) http://www.jdtllc.com/FAQ.htm#12these are common questions, and that is why they are documented on the faq page http://www.jdtllc.com/FAQ.htmlet me know if you have any other questinos.jd

let me try again1) since the manual was written, fsuipc now has the ability to provide the display functionality. you no longer need advdispso delete the advdisp.dll from the fs modules directory2) this question is no longer relevant, since you will be using fsuipc to do your display3) sometimes this happens. follow the clearances.4) star's end when you contact approach. if you want to fly a specific approach, choose an iap approach after you contact approach.jd

Let me ask againAs I told you I tried both, that means also without the advdisplay.dll. In FSUIPC 3.7 I also tried with and without multiline. The result was the green display. So be so kind an tell me exact what I have to do.Thank you

Thank you for the reply. That is what I have done and what I have got is a green bar where the text of the atis or the controller appears. Here is an example: the atis message divided into three screens - please see the images. The runway is the 05.Now my question 2 again: what can I do to get the text in a normal presentation? And if words are totaly missing, mostly the last word, what can I do against it?

Hi Ruediger,JD suggested you right-click the green message bar and select Close when it first appears. That window is controlled by FS and appears automatically but isn't needed by Radar Contact.Have you closed it? All the Radar Contact data is directed to the transparent window provided by FSUIPC.Cheers,

On the GENERAL tab which opens options make sure Display Text is not checked. This creates a window to show in text the sound from controllers to assist the hearing impaired and others.See if this gets rid of that window.

the screen shots from the manual, showing the menu items, is what it is supposed to look likejd

Sorry, but that is not what I would like to see - and I have seen it already... Be so kind and show me a screenshot from the controller text screen. I

controller text screen? do you mean what appears in the window when you have the display text option chosen?jd

Hi Ruediger,Are you still using AdvDisplay? It's no longer needed. The transparent display provided by FSUIPC is far superior. If you really want to read the ATIS then undock the green text bar and reshape it so it's as wide as the screen then redock it. See the picture below.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162995.jpgYou'll see that the FSUIPC display is quite separate from the ATIS one.To generate this select Options Settings ATC and turn on 'Show ATC Text'. In FSUIPC 'About + Register' turn on FSUIPC MultiLine and turn off Hide all single line messages.Cheers,

Hi Ray!Thank you so much for your screenshot. Now I know that I have got from the beginning the same green bar - and that that is what I should have! From now on we speak about the same... Aaaaahh!Therefore back to my old question from the beginning of this thread:Is it possible to get the text as a coherent part, not divided into following screens showing for example each single figure of the runway number? And is it additionally possible, may be in one of the next upgrades, to get the text not only in capital letters? I think, it would be much better readable.Again, thank you for your very helpful replies - and the nice screenshot!

Hi Ruediger,I think what you're asking for is not possible because the text in the green display is controlled entirely by FS - not Radar Contact.<I don't quite follow what you're saying here. What do you mean by 'a coherent part'? Can you give an example of what it is now and what you would like it to become?But as I said at the start this is something generated entirely by FS9. Radar Contact reads the actual weather and pieces it together using the wav files into a broadcast. I assume you prefer to read it rather than listen because English is not your first language (even though you write and read it very well). :-)Cheers,

Hi Ruediger,Unfortunately I could only open the first attachment as the other two were saved as txt files instead of jpg. Looking at the first image you have the box as a rectangle rather than the long thin text box that I have. Yours will not allow the text to scroll properly so I suggest you reshape it to look like mine.I appreciate your command of English is not helping you understand the spoken ATC but the only alternative is to use the scrolling text in FS9 and as I said earlier we have no control over how that is displayed.Have you reshaped the text box to the same size as mine and has it helped? This is not something that can be changed by Radar Contact - sorry.Cheers,

Hi Ruediger,<>Well we always ty to leave a customer totally satisfied. On this occasion it doesn't sound like we've achieved that but only because of circumstances outside of our control.I hope you're able to change things so you can enjoy RC4 to the max.Cheers,