Sign in to follow this  
jd

an interesting question has arisen while we're testing/coding v5. it has to do with what type of aircraft is being flown by the typical rc user. is it:

an interesting question has arisen while we're testing/coding v5. it has to do with what type of aircraft is being flown by the typical rc user. is it:  

591 members have voted

1. 1.

• stock ms planes
    • freeware planes, with ms autopilot functionality
    • freeware planes with FMC's
    • payware planes with FMC's
    • all types
    • payware planes without FMC's

you guys should have had an option for 'all type' as I fly all kinds. It's always a fun challenge to fly in RC with a non FMC plane using plain VOR, but mostly I fly FMC.

How about Payware without FMCs.. using good old VORs.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I always fly payware planes with a full FMC: Usually PMDG 737, PSS Airbus 320, Wilco 737 PIC, and ERJ 145 PIC.Jack Laschenski

Yep. It's usually payware for me (80-85%) of the time.Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Guest lynbrey

>How about Payware without FMCs.. using good old VORs.>>MannyMe too. There's no place to put my vote for my Piper Archer. I like to fly that, also addons with FMC.Don Hunt

Guest dutees

I mostly fly payware planes with FMC's

Guest nelsonde

I usually fly Dreamwing busses (awaiting AXP A320), PMDG Boeings, the occaisional stock DC-3 or Cessna, but I always fly with RC4. Dave

Guest jmoors

I mostly fly GA without FMC ... VORJohn M.

I primarily fly LevelD 767 in FS9. I will only fly airliners that have all the "bells and whistles", like FMC's.Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Guest aerocoon

I mostly use small GA aircraft; these include MS defaults (Cessna 172, Caravan, etc.) but also freeware Twin Otters,SA Pioneers, payware Beavers, and the odd jet (737, Airbus, etc.) which are a mixture of freeware, default FS and payware.MOST interested in flying little GA aircraft - default/freeware/payware versions... do not use FMC (though may later when i have learned lots more)PDS

I put my vote under Payware/with FMC, but I also enjoy very much the Greatest Airliners/Dreamfleet 727 and fly it quite often. I also fly the Flight1 MD80 from time to time.I have also merged the LDS 767 panel with the (freeware) POSKY 767-200 and 757-200 with good results and also want to create a 737-400 by merging the FFX/SGA model with the superb DreamFleet panel from FS2002, having finally abandoned the Wilco 737-300/400 offering, judging it to be inferior and not worth any more of my time.The point of all this is that it's not easy to choose just one category. I thank you for soliciting user input!Dave JonesFort McCoy, Florida USA

Guest nowaymate

Mostly payware airliners - PMDG 737-6/7/8/900, PMDG 747-400/400F (just learning), SSTSim Concorde (with CIVA 1.5 INS) and Lago MD82. All of them in FS9. I do also use the default airliners occasionally, but I like the realism offered by RC holds, and these are easier with the FMCs of the PMDGs and MD80, etc.I have not tried any payware aircraft in FSX yet, but I expect my usage will be similar if framerates don't prove to be a problem.For both versions I would like VFR functionality in RCv5 - I think I read somewhere that it will be a feature, and if so I would find it useful. About 25% of my flying is VFR.