Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 - SID/STAR Problem

After playing around with the -NGX for the past couple of days I decided to see if I could perform one of the same flights on the CX 2.0 (MKJP to MKJS).

I installed the latest FMS update from Navigraph and proceeded to program the FMS. I did the following:

1. Position Initialization

2. Enter destination MKJS

3. Enter MKJS again to close flight plan

4. Select Departure

5. Select Runway 12

6. Select SAVEM5 SID

7. Activate

8. Perf Initialization (CRZ Altitude FL120, Trans Altitude 6000, fuel, etc.)

9. Takeoff Initialization

Flight Plan shows the following:

RW12 MKJP 200/.03m

117 3.3m CLB

*ALT01 00+00 250/1200A

293 1.9nm

MLY 00+00 250/5170

117 5.0nm

*INT01 00+00 250/FL087

R340 5.0m CLB

MLY 00+00 250/5500A

342 19.9nm CLB

D340T 00+03 280/FL080A

342 13.6nm

SAVEM 00+02 280/FL120

282 50.7m

MKJS 00+09

After takeoff the plane circles MKJP once then proceeds due east.

I have similar problems with the STAR entries as well and again, the plane doesn't follow the plan.

I also posted this on Eaglesoft's website but I'm hoping some AVSIM members who have the CX 2.0 could provide some guidance on where I may be going wrong.

I've been trying to contact their support or even to get on the Forums for over a week now but have heard nothing. If you don't mind my asking, when you install the update from NaviGraph what path do you point the file to? When I try the install it does not allow me to "Please select your version". When I click next it wants to install to "C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming". The plane is there, I can select it in FSX so it is installed correctly as far as I can tell.

And forgive me, I am not attempting to hijack your thread. :smile:

Edward Smoker Sr.

I've been trying to contact their support or even to get on the Forums for over a week now but have heard nothing. If you don't mind my asking, when you install the update from NaviGraph what path do you point the file to? When I try the install it does not allow me to "Please select your version". When I click next it wants to install to "C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Roaming". The plane is there, I can select it in FSX so it is installed correctly as far as I can tell.

And forgive me, I am not attempting to hijack your thread. :smile:

No problem. I installed the files in the same location you listed which worked fine as that "out-of-date" message I got when initializing the FMS went away after the install.

What does the MFD show? Does it show a giant circle above the departing airport?

Awww, I think I know what's wrong. Check out the charts so you know what the actual route is... I recommend Skyvector.com - they've got the world maps now. What's happening is the first fix is MLY Manley VOR. I bet you're departing and the autopilot is trying to go direct MLY (then direct again - hence the 2nd instance of MLY on your route) and it has to make a big turn to get established on course. I don't have the chart in front of me but I'm guessing in real life you'd join the route further down and bypass MLY.

Can you post a screenshot of the departure procedure?

Try going direct the second MLY fix that you entered in your post above^

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

For one thing, the MKJP departure runway is 117 mi from the current FMC location? No wunder its trying to find it. Flight plans a mess.

I would have used KEMBO UG663 SIA OR MLY55.KESPA.LENAR3

What does the MFD show? Does it show a giant circle above the departing airport?

Awww, I think I know what's wrong. Check out the charts so you know what the actual route is... I recommend Skyvector.com - they've got the world maps now. What's happening is the first fix is MLY Manley VOR. I bet you're departing and the autopilot is trying to go direct MLY (then direct again - hence the 2nd instance of MLY on your route) and it has to make a big turn to get established on course. I don't have the chart in front of me but I'm guessing in real life you'd join the route further down and bypass MLY.

Can you post a screenshot of the departure procedure?

Try going direct the second MLY fix that you entered in your post above^

I've actually been using the departure and arrival charts on vatcar.org to plan all my flights to, from, and around Jamaica. The SAVEM5 departure is pretty much used by everything leaving MKJP and heading west or north. I've attached a screenshot of the departure. I've also posted a screenshot of the departure procedure as well as the flight plan after the SID was activated:

For one thing, the MKJP departure runway is 117 mi from the current FMC location? No wunder its trying to find it. Flight plans a mess.

I would have used KEMBO UG663 SIA OR MLY55.KESPA.LENAR3

That's actually 117 degrees and 5 nautical miles.

Hello

I bought the plane a week ago and have had similar “problems” on a couple flights to KMIA.

Yesterday. Flying from MMAA to MMMX. Storm Conditions.

Otumba4 approach was selected for ILS 23L , the plane flew fine until it got over OTU, then everything went wrong, plane started to do a “holding pattern” lookalike, then turned heading 53° until it got some 26 nm out. I had to disengage, took me a while to finally hand land.

BTW: Heading 53° is the exact opposite, thats the 5R/5L heading.

Edward, I also have been trying to get access to their forums and sent the suggested email to support, but still no joy.

I hope someone from Eaglesoft sees these posts and takes care of the forum “validation” issue.

I

everything went wrong, plane started to do a “holding pattern” lookalike, then turned heading 53° until it got some 26 nm out. I had to disengage, took me a while to finally hand land.

I

That's exactly what happens when I enter a STAR. I was hoping the Navigraph update would have helped with this problem but that looks like a waste of money. I really like this plane and it flies perfectly fine without SID/STAR's and if I didn't see how the -NGX and MD-11 handles SID/STARS, I probably wouldn't be bothered with it on the CX 2.0. Since the plane is supposed to be able to do it. either I'm doing something wrong or my FMS has gremlins.

I used the RW12 Savem5 dept. Engaged lnav at 1000 ft first way point INT01 as shown in your FMC. The aircraft wanted to fly in circles trying to intercept INT01 and then MLY. So, your not crazy. I dont think its a navdata problem? The INT01 and MLY waypoints are so close together or require such a sharp turn, Lnav gets confused. I simply DIR toed MLY and was fine. Seen this many times. not just ES.

I just flew MLY55.KESPA.LENAR3 . worked great.

I tried using this plan and my FMS displayed the attached. I thought maybe entering the flight plan as direct was the problem so I tried using MLY.KESPA.MKJS with the relevant SID (MLY5) and STAR (KESPA.LENAR3) with an approach of (OMAXI.ILS) and had the same problem.

I used the RW12 Savem5 dept. Engaged lnav at 1000 ft first way point INT01 as shown in your FMC. The aircraft wanted to fly in circles trying to intercept INT01 and then MLY. So, your not crazy. I dont think its a navdata problem? The INT01 and MLY waypoints are so close together or require such a sharp turn, Lnav gets confused. I simply DIR toed MLY and was fine. Seen this many times. not just ES.

By DIR to MLY, do you mean fly the CX manually to MLY then let the AP takeover?

Well, if y'all are going to fix it... I'll stop wasting my time looking into this. :LMAO:

But seriously... I'm looking into it... it just takes time. The procedures use unusual waypoints, to be honest.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well, if y'all are going to fix it... I'll stop wasting my time looking into this. :LMAO:

Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

But seriously... I'm looking into it... it just takes time. The procedures use unusual waypoints, to be honest.

No problem, I have an MD-11 to come to grips with in the mean time.

With that DP... if you're departing Ry 12.... you will be flying a 320 degree clockwise turn initially.. perhaps that's what your airplane is doing?

If it's not it's very possible there's something wrong with the navdata... On the 1208 cycle my NGX flies a loop on the LOOP6 departure off KLAX... there's really not one in real life.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just for the record, Ron may* be out of pocket right now (it is still "summer time" after all). As he's the only one with forum administration privileges, he's the only one who can approve any forum registrations.

*NB: I say "may" simply because I've not heard from him myself for the past few weeks...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator