Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Schurb

TDS B737NG-series Preview

Default, although if I have time, I might include a quick guide as to how to install the PSPanels 737NG.

Kyle,

Just a post about the PSPanel... THANK YOU!! :im Not Worthy:

I did the Panel Install just like I did for the 787, copying the VC and the pertinent stuff from the Default Panel into the PSPanels folder, and adjusting the Aircraft.cfg to use the PSPanel. It's an awesome Panel, like you said! So many buttons and switches!

I have both the Base Package loaded with the Plain Jane and a BBJ Sunrise livery, and the stand alone House Colors version, with all of the Updates done.

Great airplane to fly, and very much like the 787 in terms of handling.

Bravo to you, Kyle... and the rest of the TDS Team!

Aliens_borg_assimilation_faces_zps5460df

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Not wanting to hijack this thread - but resolve the iFly merge issue - I bought the FSX iFly (sadly it sits in my hangar due to unflyable FPS).  Tried a merge with the POSKY native 737-700 with the same results above re the hydraulics. They weren't too keen on their web site discussing it (i.e, they don't "support" this) - but I suspect they do something in the gauges that disables the hydraulics - for the purpose of stopping paying customers merging their VC with other models of their choosing.  Too bad.

I will fly the iFly when I shortly get my new hig performance rig built.  However, I have flown the wings off the FSX native POSKY/Skyspirit (aka Hiroshi) 737-700 and 737-800's - mostly in BBJ/BBJ2 configuration with the Rojas modded default fsx 737 panels - and love these aircraft to bits. Have the TDS 787 (superb) and can't wait to try this new 737. I don't really have a sharp enough eye for it but do people think the TDS external model is superior to the iFLy and PMDG payware external models?

And I've just merged it with the iFly panel. It. Simply. Rocks :biggrin: I had to move the empty CG 15ft forward, but handling doesn't seem to be affected using iFly FDE, thanks a lot for your hard work.

I have two questions:

1) Will the other versions be modeled? (specially the -800 and the -900ER)

2) In the base pack I find various model codes, but I can't figure them out. Which code means which variation? (winglets/eyebrows/anything else)

Can you tell me how you merged these. Whenever I try to merge it with pmdg it's always too heavy :( and unflyable. I TOTALLY freaking love the split scimitar :D now that's something you don'tsee in any freeware or payware model. I have one problem also i have another problem. Whenever I takeoff, the nose constantly hits the ground as if contact points were messed up or something :( anyways TDS is truly great. Thank you :) keep up the great work. Hope to see the 777 -200 and -300. I'd be complete!

We've already made the 777-200 and -300 in the name of "SkySpirit2012"

For the issue you describe, we are working on FDE updates, this doesn't happen for very many users but for a handful. A temporarily solution is to load the aircraft to move the CG a bit more aft.

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

Can you tell me how you merged these. Whenever I try to merge it with pmdg it's always too heavy :( and unflyable.

You need to have some moderate knowledge of the layout of a panel.cfg and an aircraft.cfg in order not to get lost in the process. What I did for the iFly was copying the iFly airfiles to the TDS folder, and then edit the aircraft.cfg file:

1) All visual stuff should be taken from the TDS aircraft.cfg (lights, contact points, effects, exits, folding wings, tailhook, and obviously, all fltsim.x sections).

2) All non-visual stuff should be taken from the iFly aircraft.cfg.

3) In each fltsim.x section, edit the panel and sim lines so that can call the iFly panel.

4) Copy or alias the iFly panel to the TDS folder. In your case (I guess you have the FS8/9 PMDG 737), copy the 2D-only panel; you'll lose the VC anyway.

Steps 1-4 are the basics of any FDE merge. What I'm doing is using the iFly panel and FDE with the TDS model.

However, as I said before, you should adjust the CG position in the [weight and balance] section of aircraft.cfg. For iFly, I just left the line as it said in the TDS aircraft.cfg.

Now comes the good part:

5) Copy the folders inside the TDS panel folder into the iFly panel folder (the one you've just pasted into the TDS aircraft folder).

6) Open both panel.cfg files (TDS and iFly). Make sure there are no [VCockpit0x] sections in the iFly panel.cfg.

7) Copy the following sections from the TDS panel.cfg: [Window07], [Window08], [VCockpit01], and [VCockpit02]. Paste them into the iFly panel.cfg.

8) Very important: Renumber both [Window07] and [Window08] in order to keep the sequence in the iFly panel.cfg.

9) Also important: Copy the last two lines from the [Window Titles] section in the TDS panel.cfg and paste them in the same section in the iFly panel.cfg. Renumber to keep sequence. Failure to do so may result in crashes.

I said iFly, but you may feel free to adapt these instructions to PMDG. Backup both TDS and PMDG before starting; PMDG does not support merges and I can't afford to give 24/7 support to this merge. AFAIK, iFly does neither support merges. But if you have a question, post it, someone can answer it before me.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Luis Miguel Hernández

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

You need to have some moderate knowledge of the layout of a panel.cfg and an aircraft.cfg in order not to get lost in the process. What I did for the iFly was copying the iFly airfiles to the TDS folder, and then edit the aircraft.cfg file:

1) All visual stuff should be taken from the TDS aircraft.cfg (lights, contact points, effects, exits, folding wings, tailhook, and obviously, all fltsim.x sections).

3) In each fltsim.x section, edit the panel and sim lines so that can call the iFly panel.

4) Copy or alias the iFly panel to the TDS folder. In your case (I guess you have the FS8/9 PMDG 737), copy the 2D-only panel; you'll lose the VC anyway.

Steps 1-4 are the basics of any FDE merge. What I'm doing is using the iFly panel and FDE with the TDS model.

However, as I said before, you should adjust the CG position in the [weight and balance] section of aircraft.cfg. For iFly, I just left the line as it said in the TDS aircraft.cfg.

Now comes the good part:

5) Copy the folders inside the TDS panel folder into the iFly panel folder (the one you've just pasted into the TDS aircraft folder).

6) Open both panel.cfg files (TDS and iFly). Make sure there are no [VCockpit0x] sections in the iFly panel.cfg.

7) Copy the following sections from the TDS panel.cfg: [Window07], [Window08], [VCockpit01], and [VCockpit02]. Paste them into the iFly panel.cfg.

8) Very important: Renumber both [Window07] and [Window08] in order to keep the sequence in the iFly panel.cfg.

9) Also important: Copy the last two lines from the [Window Titles] section in the TDS panel.cfg and paste them in the same section in the iFly panel.cfg. Renumber to keep sequence. Failure to do so may result in crashes.

I said iFly, but you may feel free to adapt these instructions to PMDG. Backup both TDS and PMDG before starting; PMDG does not support merges and I can't afford to give 24/7 support to this merge. AFAIK, iFly does neither support merges. But if you have a question, post it, someone can answer it before me.

Hope this helps.

Well I decided to use the Ifly model instead.  Its a great merge! Thanks. Btw does is it me or does it climb a little slower.  Maybe it needs a slightly adjusted FDE.

Now comes the good part:

Hope this helps.

Well I decided to use the Ifly model instead.  Its a great merge! Thanks. Btw does is it me or does it climb a little slower.  Maybe it needs a slightly adjusted FDE.

Well I decided to use the Ifly model instead. Its a great merge! Thanks. Btw does is it me or does it climb a little slower. Maybe it needs a slightly adjusted FDE.

Well I decided to use the Ifly model instead. Its a great merge! Thanks. Btw does is it me or does it climb a little slower. Maybe it needs a slightly adjusted FDE.

Are you sure you're using the iFly airfile? There should not be any difference in handling.

Now, if you use the 26k engines with the iFly model and derated 20k engines with the TDS...well, that's another story. There is an air file for each model/engine combination.

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I'm on the 26K engines of the Ifly airfile. Maybe it's just me. Haven't tested both. But actually I prefer the handling of the TDS merge when i t comes to take off and landing. No more bumping on the runway for me in the -700, -800, -900 anymore. It just seem like it speeds up slower and climbs slower.

Are you sure you're using the iFly airfile? There should not be any difference in handling.

Now, if you use the 26k engines with the iFly model and derated 20k engines with the TDS...well, that's another story. There is an air file for each model/engine combination.

Also every one of them works fine. The -900 is the only one I have a problem with. It just seem like the -900 doesn't get enough engine power. It takes 3/4 of the runway to takeoff.

I've never flown the -900, just the -900ER and only with iFly model/FDE. But yes, the -900ER is not that rocket when compared with the -700.

Best regards,

Hi All, there does not appear to be a official TDS forum but here goes.

I have down loaded and installed the "Blank" a/c into FS9 and with the

panel the a/c flies fine. The trouble came when I tried to install a KLM

B737-800 texture. Not matter what I've tried I cannot get the texture

to show in the a/c list. I'm missing some fundemental instruction. Is

there anybody out there who could help me with this.

Thanks in Anticipation

navyman

Hi All, there does not appear to be a official TDS forum but here goes.

I have down loaded and installed the "Blank" a/c into FS9 and with the

panel the a/c flies fine. The trouble came when I tried to install a KLM

B737-800 texture. Not matter what I've tried I cannot get the texture

to show in the a/c list. I'm missing some fundemental instruction. Is

there anybody out there who could help me with this.

Thanks in Anticipation

navyman

Checklist:

- Unique title?

- Model folder exists? Correctly called from fltsim.x section?

- Texture folder correctly named? Correctly called from fltsim.x?

- Airfile filename matches what says in fltsim.x?

Best regards,

Hi there!

Before anything I want to say thank you to all the people making models so beautyful for us to enjoy and FREEWARE!!! sometimes better than the payware ones!! really, thank you very, very much!! but what I really want to ask is, why this nice models( and I'm talking about, TDS 737s and 787s, SkySpirit 777's etc.' no one of this models have Static Electric Dischargers in de wings, elevator, and Rudder, I don´t understand, they spend a lot of time working in this models, and nobody see this, and nobody in this forum talk about, they talk about engine model, winglets, Scimitar etc, etc, but nobody seems to look in the wings , elevators and rudder, maybe I´m crazy, you can tell me that, but I think if you take the time to make a model , lot of hours of your own time, to put this detail is not big deal, and look much more realistic!

I´ll like to hear what do you think about this!

Sincerely 

Cub51