Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ezdok for v3.0

I know that it's been probably beaten to death, but I still cannot find straight-forward method of installing EZDOK to v3.0 on clean sim. I just got new SSD and clean system, so there are no v2.5 traces in the registry anymore.

You suggestion would be much appreciated.

i have it working without world camera but again this is just an installed version 1.17 with manually camerasection inserted per aircraft . Meening i dont use the aircraft tool from EZDOK.

It takes about 5 minutes i guess

Hopefully a new version will come soon

Could you point/create a FSX.exe to a folder and the just install it in default folder ? I have it located in the default folder of c:programfiles(x86)\ezdok

Michael moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael do you mean make a copy of the P3D.exe and rename it Fsx? I have it working in the Vc but not outside view. V3 no v2. Do I need a copy of the camera cfg from say version v2? Installed into v3 camera cfg?

Kevin Humphryes

Thank you, folks,

Will try it later tonight

Michael do you mean make a copy of the P3D.exe and rename it Fsx? I have it working in the Vc but not outside view. V3 no v2. Do I need a copy of the camera cfg from say version v2? Installed into v3 camera cfg?

Correct . If its working allready in VC then All you need is actually just the camera definition that sits in your aircraft.cfg file in for instance V2 and you got exe.xml setup as V2 also.

Just add it manually to your aircraft and voila . Even remembers your settings from V2 for instance.

[CameraDefinition.201]
Title=EZdok Aircraft Universal camera
Guid={D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC65B}
Description=Universal camera for EZdok cam utility
Origin=Center
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=FALSE
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=FALSE
Track=None
ShowAxis=FALSE
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.40
ShowWeather=Yes
InitialXyz=0,0,0
InitialPbh=10, 0, 0
XyzAdjust=TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum
HotKeySelect=4

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Michael,

This may or may not help you. I posted this at Simforums in response to a member having difficulties. You seem to have installed up to version 1.17. If you start there, you can follow my instructions at that point.

I'm not polished with this. It's just that I managed to screw it up in every way possible and finally came up with the way that worked. Here's the instructions:

Greetings,

I just reinstalled my operating system, so that I could get to a place where the next version of P3D (which has to be a full install), won't mean a messy un/reinstall. I won't bore you with details.

I am currently using P3D 2.4 in Windows 7 64 bit.

I was swinging along nicely, until it came time to install EZdok. This is not a hateful note or trolling. I installed 1.15, then copied the 1.17 P3D beta, and finally copied over 1.18.5. When I started the simulator, nothing worked.

The controls wouldn't move my location. TrackIR wouldn't work. I imported profiles that worked perfectly before the reinstall. No luck. I reactivated my license thinking that my keyfile was expired. Flight1 is tenacious when it comes to ensuring that installs are legitimate. I reinstalled TrackIR. Uh, uh.

I was full of righteous indignation, which I was going to vent all over this forum. Again, you can fill in the blanks.

Finally, I noticed that I had a 1.17 update installer, that I had neglected to use; in the long line of things to do to install EZdok from scratch. Coooool!

So for any of you who might be having difficulty installing EZdok from scratch into P3D 2.x, here's what finally worked for me:

-install 1.15 (don't run the configurator)
-install the 1.17 update (don't run the configurator)
-this may not be necessary, but copy the 1.17 beta and overwrite the 1.17 exe (not yet!)
-copy the 1.18.5 files into the EZCA folder and overwrite

I suggested not configuring before 1.18.5, as the new configuration routine is far superior to the old one. No definitions in each and every aircraft.cfg file, etc.

That worked fine for me. I don't know if it is my system (that would be convenient) or a quirk in the P3D/EZdok relationship; but there was no way EZdok was going to function without the 1.17 update.

The file details for the update say: 1.17, file version 2.0.0.32, Modified 11/22/10. The file size is 6.32MB.

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled over this before making an &@($* out of myself on the forum.

Cheers.

If you need files, I'll upload them to OneDrive. I should point out that if you start again from scratch, you have to fool EZCA into thinking you are installing 1.15 and 1.17. Given you are at 1.17, that shouldn't be an issue. The Estonia Migration Tool will be updated to support P3D v3 shortly. It's moderately priced and does what it says it will.

When you run the configurator at version 1.18.x, it will only add entries to cameras.cfg and exe.xml. Much simpler than the old routine that added camera entries to each aircraft. The new routine also rectifies any clashes with CameraDefinitions and HotKeySelect. 

So look at my stuff and give it a whirl if you want. If I can help further, let me know.

Hi Michael,

If you can help me in installing Ezdok 1.17 into V3, after some attempts, I failed :mad: but not gave up!

What i did:

1- renamed p3d.exe to fsx.exe

2- inserted Camera Definition 201 (you posted above) into aircraft cfg

3- Installed 1.15 - didn´t run the configurator

4- installed 1.17 - didn´t run the configurator

5- checked exe.xml OK (ezdok entry was there)

6- run the simulator and nothing

even tried manually run the Ezca.exe but not successfull.

Could you please enlight me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

I followed the below video and it worked perfectly.  I have the latest Ezdok (1.18) installed and only running P3D v3. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcA9PEhx9U

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi Michael,

If you can help me in installing Ezdok 1.17 into V3, after some attempts, I failed :mad: but not gave up!

What i did:

Thank you!

Robson,

You have to install version 1.186 over top of the 1.17 that you currently have in the system. Now I got lucky and didn't unistall EZdok when I moved to P3D 3. All I had to do was put the camera definitions into cameras.cfg and point exe.xml at the executable. Suggest you download download 1.186 from the EZDok forum and install that. See how that goes. If it works, you can use the configurator to setup the camera definitions and the entry into exe.xml.

If you have a copy of your old Prepar3D v2 folder (appdata - roaming), then it is really simple. However, on a clean install...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi Michael,

What i did:

Thank you!

Hi,

well i must be behind schedule since i use the P3Dbeta 1.17 so if you got it working with later versions forget all this down under here:

But your points:

1. this was only IF you had to reinstall EZDOK from a clean system otherwise forget this.

2. ok

3.ok

4.ok

4.1.  place P3Dbeta 1.17 in EZDOK installation folder

5. ok

6. ok (at least on mysystem)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks Mike, it´s working now!

Also thanks to Fi5kuS, gfd and Flic1.